Golf Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having a great score but not knowing when to stick or twist when I hit a poor drive. Got to my ball and saw a gap and all rational thinking about playing safe went out the window. I thought I could nudge it down a line of trees and keep it low enough to avoid the low branches and get over a small ditch. I only wanted to get it about 100-120 yards but didn't happen. A valuable lesson ahead of a big honours board event next weekend

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Having a great score but not knowing when to stick or twist when I hit a poor drive. Got to my ball and saw a gap and all rational thinking about playing safe went out the window. I thought I could nudge it down a line of trees and keep it low enough to avoid the low branches and get over a small ditch. I only wanted to get it about 100-120 yards but didn't happen. A valuable lesson ahead of a big honours board event next weekend
Remember the golden rule when in a dodgy position:
What would Seve do? Don't.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
played 11 times since i was 9.9 Index last September - now 13.7. Shows how fast handicaps can change under new system. Had my dalliance with single figures for the second time (job done) but shows how shiiiite i am playing and hard to see this trend changing soon!

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
played 11 times since i was 9.9 Index last September - now 13.7. Shows how fast handicaps can change under new system. Had my dalliance with single figures for the second time (job done) but shows how shiiiite i am playing and hard to see this trend changing soon!
A year ago I was off 13, played quite well in recent weeks and now I am off 16.2!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Heading to our tee shots & getting a couple of drives hit over our heads from the pair behind when we were in a dip in the ground (and out of sight from the elevated tee)
They could see all the way to the green from the tee and since we weren’t in view we had to be still in range or been kidnapped, numpties just didn’t think

We had a ‘chat’

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Heading to our tee shots & getting a couple of drives hit over our heads from the pair behind when we were in a dip in the ground (and out of sight from the elevated tee)
They could see all the way to the green from the tee and since we weren’t in view we had to be still in range or been kidnapped, numpties just didn’t think

We had a ‘chat’
Did the chat involve gently shaking their..necks:unsure:

AliMc

Visit site
Knocking it round in a 2 over 73 in a 4bbb and losing on the 18th, I've now lost 8 x 4 bbb games in a row despite my worst score being 75 in all these games, think I need to get more involved in the ball toss to see if I can get the 'right' partner !

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
That's a valuable lesson alright, it's a shame none of us ever seem to learn from it. ?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have a roll up on a Monday about 16 and I was out with 3 others. The guy who I do not get on with too well threw the balls up as we play stableford and Matchplay. He fiddled the draw so he could play with his mate. i.e. knew which was each players balls and did not think I was looking.

We won on the last.
Also he was offering his mate advice for the singles but I thought better of saying anything

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Knocking it round in a 2 over 73 in a 4bbb and losing on the 18th, I've now lost 8 x 4 bbb games in a row despite my worst score being 75 in all these games, think I need to get more involved in the ball toss to see if I can get the 'right' partner !

That's tough. I have been very lucky and my 4BBB record for the club is very good (P19 W12 H5 L2) and I usually get put together with the same couple of guys buy the captain and it works nicely as we get on well and know each others games. Playing the Caversham on Saturday with a new partner, a guy I know more from the 19th than having played with him but he's a competent 7.5 and just hope he's not going to be too tired carrying me

sunshine

Visit site

Last year my index moved up 0.5 per round on several occasions. I was in a bit of a slump and losing rounds from a purple patch 3 years ago. It was alarming!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Mrs at MiLs all week and weather looking good for golf, but no, I seem to have developed shin splints in left leg. Painful and only treatment is rest and regular 3 times daily ice cold compressing.. So no golf - at least for a few days as I've got a Board KO Comp match on Friday and a Board Comp on Saturday - typical...just when all the hard work is bearing fruit (probably the cause of the splints)...:(

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
FootJoy sizings. Ordered a pair this week, I know from prior experience that FJ come up bigger so ordered a 9.5 instead of my normal 10. Tried them on today and they're still roomy! Now had to order a 9 from a different shop (since original shop didn't have the 9 available) to try on. Why can't sizes just be consistent? Is there no standard for shoe-measuring??

And I know this is a side effect of getting things online, but I've genuinely not seen this particular model in any stores when I've looked. Only seen it online.

Mandofred

Visit site
Mrs at MiLs all week and weather looking good for golf, but no, I seem to have developed shin splints in left leg. Painful and only treatment is rest and regular 3 times daily ice cold compressing.. So no golf - at least for a few days as I've got a Board KO Comp match on Friday and a Board Comp on Saturday - typical...just when all the hard work is bearing fruit (probably the cause of the splints)...:(
I've fought off shin splints a few times over the years. 2-3 strips of athletic tape covering the shin works if you don't have something more expensive/better like this....
610giwZV9+L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
FootJoy sizings. Ordered a pair this week, I know from prior experience that FJ come up bigger so ordered a 9.5 instead of my normal 10. Tried them on today and they're still roomy! Now had to order a 9 from a different shop (since original shop didn't have the 9 available) to try on. Why can't sizes just be consistent? Is there no standard for shoe-measuring??

And I know this is a side effect of getting things online, but I've genuinely not seen this particular model in any stores when I've looked. Only seen it online.

Im an 11 and my 11's fit fine! Never experienced any brand really being much different in sizing if im honest :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im an 11 and my 11's fit fine! Never experienced any brand really being much different in sizing if im honest :ROFLMAO:
I have Skechers that are 9.5 and 9, similar to the Footjoys, but most of my footwear is a 10, and when I used to get Adidas footwear I had to buy 10.5. Everything is like this for me though. I have 'medium' jumpers some of which are tight and some are baggy as hell. My waist size is a 33, sometimes a 34 is huge on my, but a 32 could be too tight to do up. Bloody minefield.