Golf Random Irritations

RichA

Visit site
Im an 11 and my 11's fit fine! Never experienced any brand really being much different in sizing if im honest :ROFLMAO:
Likewise. Bought my first pair of Footjoy shoes this winter. After reading comments on here I was apprehensive, but ordered my usual size 11 in the wide fitting.
They're the best fitting shoes I own.
If it wasn't for the spikeless spikes and the fact they look like 1930 spats, I'd wear them for work.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
8 every day including FJ's. Got a pair or FJ Traditions and for the first time they rubbed on the heel when I started to break them in. Usually comfy from the box. Trying them tonight in practice and hopefully all will be good. Wonder if sizings have changed

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
8 every day including FJ's. Got a pair or FJ Traditions and for the first time they rubbed on the heel when I started to break them in. Usually comfy from the box. Trying them tonight in practice and hopefully all will be good. Wonder if sizings have changed
The last pair of FJs I had was over four years ago I think, so not sure. The only other possibility is that FJ and Skechers have it right and every other brand of footwear I've ever bought in my life are the ones that have it wrong. :unsure:

I mean, these 9.5s I just tried on had almost a 3/4 of an inch gap at the end of my big toe! Definitely bigger than 90% of other footwear brands I've tried. I'm really confused at how it can only be me. :LOL:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday and the third green had loads of tyre marks over it, speaking to the barman after my round and he said some locals youths had broken into the trolley store and stolen the hire sets and then rode there scooters over the green. Luckily they were boasting about it at school and a teacher overheard and reported them to the police although I doubt nothing much will be done.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The Sky commentary team. I've just been informed that Oliver Becker is still looking for his first maiden victory; I presume after that he'll be looking for his second maiden victory. :rolleyes::mad: Same member of the team the other day informed us that the water is very tight to the water on one par 3. They are stealing a living.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Spikeless shoes...more to the point, my spikeless shoes.
Only real blemish on yesterday's card was a very near complete miss of the ball caused by my lead foot slipping..
Ground was dry and bone hard.....and it still slipped. Sole looks perfect. No other slips all day..
Ball went deep into the jungle...cost me a triple....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The "joy" of matchplay and succumbing to two long putts. Add in what has always been a friendly rivalry and always inclusive in terms of handicap and the opposition fielding 5 out 12 players with single figures (2, 5, 6, 6, and 8) whereas our lowest was 9. Seemed to be a mixture of their A, B and C teams whereas were mainly our mid-handicap team (C) including many senior golfers. No problem with being competitive but didn't feel in the spirit of the fixture.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The "joy" of matchplay and succumbing to two long putts. Add in what has always been a friendly rivalry and always inclusive in terms of handicap and the opposition fielding 5 out 12 players with single figures (2, 5, 6, 6, and 8) whereas our lowest was 9. Seemed to be a mixture of their A, B and C teams whereas were mainly our mid-handicap team (C) including many senior golfers. No problem with being competitive but didn't feel in the spirit of the fixture.

are the matches off scratch or handicap matches? are you saying you can be too low a handicap to be in the spirit of playing in a club handicap match?

you talk about inclusive in terms of handicap but imply that you want to exclude low handicppers! which is it???

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
are the matches off scratch or handicap matches? are you saying you can be too low a handicap to be in the spirit of playing in a club handicap match?

you talk about inclusive in terms of handicap but imply that you want to exclude low handicppers! which is it???

i wondered that. I love playing lower handicappers and getting shots off them. Great motivation to average hackers. And seems to work well against Thelma nad Louise!! :eek::ROFLMAO:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought higher handicaps always won match play comps?????

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ready golf. Could almost start a separate thread. Played today in the first medal. 2 guys off 6 and 12 and they were having none of it. I was easily the shortest from the tee and we had lost a hole and I suggested I go first. Also putting out when close to a hole when one player had shanked.

They we’re having none of it in a competition stating they had earned the honor, end of story. It was OK in friendly/ knock around games.

Found it difficult to believe, both experienced members, living in the past.

Any thoughts and how do I change their minds ?
Everyone I know plays RG, no matter if its comps or just bounce games. MP it's a different story as the honour can make a difference, but stroke play... these guys are living in the past well and truly. Can't see the point in the longest hitting having to wait when a shorter hitter could go.

What about telling them you have to let the guys behind through if you are not keeping up with the group in front?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Aim point.

Caddying on Saturday fir a two ball and not only was the caddy an aim point, but so was the player. Que fannying around on every green for ages. Its not like our greens have that much slope on them anyway

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Ready golf. Could almost start a separate thread. Played today in the first medal. 2 guys off 6 and 12 and they were having none of it. I was easily the shortest from the tee and we had lost a hole and I suggested I go first. Also putting out when close to a hole when one player had shanked.

They we’re having none of it in a competition stating they had earned the honor, end of story. It was OK in friendly/ knock around games.

Found it difficult to believe, both experienced members, living in the past.

Any thoughts and how do I change their minds ?

Do you have a starter at your club? Ours always reminds us that we all have a responsibility to play RG. And it’s clearly referred to on every competition entry sheet. Perhaps your committee don’t push it enough?

There’s no excuse in this day and age to be living in the past - if you’re ready, and you’re not interfering with the games of others, play if you’re ready.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Aim point.

Caddying on Saturday fir a two ball and not only was the caddy an aim point, but so was the player. Que fannying around on every green for ages. Its not like our greens have that much slope on them anyway
It's not Aimpoint that's the problem; it's (some) Aimpointers! And they'd likely be just as bad, if not worse, if they didn't use it.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The seniors who left footprints in pretty much every bunker today. We had an all-day qualifying stableford but most of us had to play in the afternoon because they had block booked the entire morning because "they always play Mondays".
Every bunker was raked perfectly by the greenkeepers first thing - by 4pm they were embarrassing.
So it's not "societies" or "visitors". It's the lazy lack-of-etiquette members.
A-holes the lot of them.