Golf Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My putting yest, match play quarter final.. lost 3 and 2 , would say entirely putting issue

2 x 3 putt and a 4 putt

More annoying was I still got 34 points so I was playing outstanding

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It seems there's no official App for the Womens British Open this weekend. C'mon R&A the tech & template's there and used for the mens event just use that!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Went to the practice area this morning for a quick bucket before work & there's 3 or 4 lads up at the mid length greens tending the bunkers, so could only hit clubs up to 130'ish to be safely short of them
45 mins later and they're still there and most of my bucket's gone and they've ignored signals to move from the half dozen of us that were there but determined to at least finish with longer clubs i get range staff to try and shift them but no success (the GK had told them to get it done) eventually the pro goes and tells them to shift for 5 minutes

My irritation is the bloke a few bays down (who had also tried to get them to move) just started hitting long irons/woods etc long before the pro had moved them and I never pulled him up on it :oops:

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Once heard about a guy throwing his bag of clubs in a lake after a bad round, then having to wade in to retrieve his car keys.
Threw my putter in the bin after a round to have it retrieved immediately by a work colleague who refused to give it me back.
What's the craziest thing you've done after a stinker?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Once heard about a guy throwing his bag of clubs in a lake after a bad round, then having to wade in to retrieve his car keys.
Threw my putter in the bin after a round to have it retrieved immediately by a work colleague who refused to give it me back.
What's the craziest thing you've done after a stinker?
Had a second shandy.

It is only a game, played for fun.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
It is only a game, played for fun.
I get too depressed. Spend days or even years wondering how I hit that bad shot.
Still have the memory of how I was about to break par for 18 holes, but had an 8 on the last.
Golf is more like a metaphor for life. You can never beat it. It's a good walk spoiled.
And I don't understand why they don't build courses to suit my game.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
People who hover about 2 feet from the hole with the flag in their hands while you are trying to make an important short putt

Seriously dont pick up the flag or be near the hole till all balls are holed out

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
People who hover about 2 feet from the hole with the flag in their hands while you are trying to make an important short putt

Seriously dont pick up the flag or be near the hole till all balls are holed out
Easy solution. Leave the flag in(y)

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
What, like a par 8 for the last?
Even Westwood thinks golf is too difficult for the average person.
That last hole was a par 4 dog leg left around high trees.
As a right hander you tell me how I'm supposed to play holes like that.
Then there's double dog legs.
Apart from at seaside links they should remove sand bunkers. I mean, what's the point of bunkers on inland courses?
While I'm on the subject, why are there 460 yard uphill par 4's?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Even Westwood thinks golf is too difficult for the average person.
That last hole was a par 4 dog leg left around high trees.
As a right hander you tell me how I'm supposed to play holes like that.
Then there's double dog legs.
Apart from at seaside links they should remove sand bunkers. I mean, what's the point of bunkers on inland courses?
While I'm on the subject, why are there 460 yard uphill par 4's?
Play tee shot straight down... get to your ball, turn left and play it towards the green?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Play tee shot straight down... get to your ball, turn left and play it towards the green?

You make it sound so easy.
Nobody can guarantee to play a straight shot, and in that case there were trees on both sides.
Under pressure, a dog leg right is easier for a right hander.
I'm guessing there is something in the brain that can't always cope at the last hole. Remember Jean van der Velde at Carnoustie, Greg Norman at Troon among many others.

Wolf

Visit site
You make it sound so easy.
Nobody can guarantee to play a straight shot, and in that case there were trees on both sides.
Under pressure, a dog leg right is easier for a right hander.
I'm guessing there is something in the brain that can't always cope at the last hole. Remember Jean van der Velde at Carnoustie, Greg Norman at Troon among many others.
Why not build every golf course straight with no rough, no bunkers or hazards all flat and bigger holes.

Be an unbelievably dull game, playing in what would be no more than a field.