Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
the golf shop near me being closed due to Covid and I need to get my 2 iron reshafted. I guess it means a trip to Silvermere where i run the risk of the Left Handed golf shop and the main golf shop forcing me to part with some money.
That's alright, you can stock up on left-handed balls and tees while you're there.

D

Deleted member 3432

driving over to golf in sunshine, it starting to rain as we tee's off, rained all the way around then stopped and the sun came out as we were on the 18th:rolleyes::LOL:

Least you are playing, Iv'e not played for 6 weeks.
Lad is now out of isolation and back at school so I have got 2 games organised for this week. The forecast is not promising at all :mad:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Playing well, great fourball booked up for tomorrow and a shocking forecast. Rain and rain. Hoping it won't be as bad as they are saying. Yes it's winter but after losing so much golf when the weather was fair it's frustrating

D

Deleted member 3432

My back deciding to seize up. Not played for 6 weeks but was going to play today and Friday.

Weather is crap so was going to cry off and go to the driving range which has reopened after being closed since August for refurbishment so that is now scrapped.

Too much sitting is no good for my back and a combination of a job where I sit for 12hr shifts and spending my rest days last sitting on home schooling duties has proved to be my downfall.

Night shift is going to be fun tonight, just need to get an appointment with Oesteopath asp to sort it out. :cry:

Slightly miffed to say the least.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was wearing new-ish golf trousers on Sunday (bought last winter but then not worn until this winter), only the second time I've had them on. I stepped over the front lip of a steep bunker and heard a rip, I've put a small hole in the crotch. Doh. I guess they weren't the stretchy variety.

D

Deleted member 3432

I had a severe case a couple of months ago, put me off work for a week and golf for 2.

Had another "stab" in the lower back a couple of weeks ago that stopped my golf for a few days and had me hobbling round for a few days at work, obviously to much "sympathy" ?.

Was about to play golf yesterday, had another invisible hot ? knife ? through the lower spine, had to shuffle away from the 1st tee without hitting a shot, leaving my playing partners a man down in the Christmas comp. Subsequently went to the doc bent sideways and was prescribed Diazepam, Naproxen and Co codamol...

This morning woke up barely able to move, eventually got loosened up slightly and looked on the internet for Thai massage.

Went to a woman half an hour up the road, Thai lady who lives with her English husband, she basically pummeled the living daylights out of me, bent and stretched me this way and that for 90 minutes.

An hour later, I'm in the shopping centre having a coffee, haven't felt this loose and pain free for ages.

"Traditional Thai Massage", light years ahead of the long drawn out half-hearted physio they give us over here. 65 quid very well spent, can't recommend it highly enough for mechanical back pain and stiffness.

Been very stiff in the S.I. joint and been doing a lot of stretching but this feels like my pelvis is out of alignment, happens to me from time to time.

Job for osteopath to straighten me up but I called earlier and he is off sick so going to be the new year before I get to see him.

Usually get a deep tissue massage every few weeks. Woman who I used to see was fantastic although you keep have you almost crying with pain. Unfortunately she retired and haven't found anyone near as good.

Problem of living in a small town is finding someone where there is not a lot of choice.

Mandofred

Visit site
I think the "serious" massages are an ignored treatment. I'm tempted to find one and go every few months just because...... Living in Okinawa I knew some people who swore that acupuncture pretty well got rid of their back pain as long as they went back every month or two.....and the guy doing it was blind.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Still struggling with a pain on my right side. Feels under the ribcage. Feels better with heat and ibuprofen and if I stretch a lot before hitting balls but doesn't seem to go away
intercostal tear by the sounds of it.

everytime you hit a ball does it feel like being stabbed very hard in the ribs?

a months rest sorted mine, only option

sunshine

Visit site
Was wearing new-ish golf trousers on Sunday (bought last winter but then not worn until this winter), only the second time I've had them on. I stepped over the front lip of a steep bunker and heard a rip, I've put a small hole in the crotch. Doh. I guess they weren't the stretchy variety.

Maybe that was advertised as extra ventilation panels?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The girl in the next range bay next to me earlier who made it look so bloody easy!

I had that last night. Girl maybe 14-16 rocked up in the by behind me and proceeded to stripe ball after ball straight down the range with that lovely sound you get when you nail it. Very smooth (if a tad long - put that down to the suppleness of youth) swing and lovely tempo.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had that last night. Girl maybe 14-16 rocked up in the by behind me and proceeded to stripe ball after ball straight down the range with that lovely sound you get when you nail it. Very smooth (if a tad long - put that down to the suppleness of youth) swing and lovely tempo.

I thought Patrick told you to have a months rest. ??