Golf Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had that last night. Girl maybe 14-16 rocked up in the by behind me and proceeded to stripe ball after ball straight down the range with that lovely sound you get when you nail it. Very smooth (if a tad long - put that down to the suppleness of youth) swing and lovely tempo.

iu

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a severe case a couple of months ago, put me off work for a week and golf for 2.

Had another "stab" in the lower back a couple of weeks ago that stopped my golf for a few days and had me hobbling round for a few days at work, obviously to much "sympathy" ?.

Was about to play golf yesterday, had another invisible hot ? knife ? through the lower spine, had to shuffle away from the 1st tee without hitting a shot, leaving my playing partners a man down in the Christmas comp. Subsequently went to the doc bent sideways and was prescribed Diazepam, Naproxen and Co codamol...

This morning woke up barely able to move, eventually got loosened up slightly and looked on the internet for Thai massage.

Went to a woman half an hour up the road, Thai lady who lives with her English husband, she basically pummeled the living daylights out of me, bent and stretched me this way and that for 90 minutes.

An hour later, I'm in the shopping centre having a coffee, haven't felt this loose and pain free for ages.

"Traditional Thai Massage", light years ahead of the long drawn out half-hearted physio they give us over here. 65 quid very well spent, can't recommend it highly enough for mechanical back pain and stiffness.
My wife convinced me to have a "traditional" Turkish massage when we were on holiday there last year, the first part in the Turkish bath was ok, but then the Thai masseuse beat the life out of me for 45 minutes, I tried to tap out but I was in too much pain. My wife thought it was hilarious, I told the sales guy the next day if he asked if I wanted another he'd be going swimming, having said that I felt fantastic for days after!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Going to the driving range and forgetting your earphones.
I had mr boring and his equally boring mate in the next 2 bays to me

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the white tees right off the back today for a pair of weekend roll-ups and the course being a mudbath.
And the total nob two groups in front who spends the entire time bitching and complaining about the course, taking his trolley wherever he wanted, over the top of the ropes at times.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Left the house to drive to the course, and the off side rear was flat. Pumped it up, and there was just enough time to get it fixed before golf. Got to the tyre place, the heavens opened, got soaked, and the golf course closed for the day.
30 minutes later, tyre fixed, sunshine, clear blue skies, the lot.
No golf til Jan, and played once since September.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Knowing I put my woollen hat in the car on the back seat. HID piling her shopping bags into the car, ready to go to the supermarket after dropping me off. Got to the club and no sign of the hat. Words spoken and new hat purchased as the wind was biting. Asked if she found it after the round. No. Got home took the back out and verily it came to pass the hat was inside one of the bags she'd chucked in. Wasted money on a hat I now don't need, HID in a moody and sat through Boris's speech. That and only got 31 points

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Was hoping to play today as I’ve got the day off but it’s a bit damp out so I guess I’ll go to the range again.
I hope @chrisd doesn't show up.

Hopefully the weather be ok for 28th as I’ve got a tee time booked at silvermere

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Was hoping to play today as I’ve got the day off but it’s a bit damp out so I guess I’ll go to the range again.
I hope @chrisd doesn't show up.

Hopefully the weather be ok for 28th as I’ve got a tee time booked at silvermere

Wont be able to drive anywhere as the delightful French people have stopped lorries from entering their country. ???

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hitting the ball beautifully off the tee with my Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead III driver ('small' head; steel shaft and all...) bought 2003 and rescued from the loft a couple of months ago when my Ping G10 snapped.

Now struggling to justify buying a new driver in the new year with my the Steelhead III performing so fantastically. Playing yesterday and as yet another tee shot soared 250yds straight down the middle getting admiring comments from my playing partner, I had to keep telling myself that I must think of the additional 30yds I'll be getting when I get a new driver...hmmm. Bleedin' irritiating.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
The weather in general. Course extremely wet and doesn’t seem like it’s worth playing.

Got a lesson booked tomorrow, so hopefully can keep progressing at the range.