Golf Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 1147

Now I’m mostly fit I decided to start training again, with my old PT, who’s opened his own gym since lockdown.
I was so knackered after tuesdays session that I could barely swing on Thursday, and hit more fat iron shots than I’d done in the whole of the proceeding season.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I might, I might not, it depends on the circumstances. Am I missing the point or are your wife and daughter missing the point by assuming my opening of the door is sexist; they don't know me, know nothing about me but they'd assume I'm sexist rather than polite?

It's starting to worry me now - I often would swear with my work mates or when playing football back in the day, but i have never used the F word (or worse) at home in front of Mrs D, I just think it's good manners and I could Express myself without doing so. But, as I occasionally swear in male company best I do so at home too mmmmmm that'll go down well ?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Blue is solid, lime is fun. Choose a fun colour. I went orange on my Go Kart. That might put you off of course ?

I originally went for orange, including the bag, but everyone called it the flymo after one guy noticed the similarity. I changed to blue when I bought a new bag at my second service interval. Of course they didn't charge me for changing the inserts during the service, even though I asked them to.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Roping off no trolley areas on the course instead of using white lines like every other year.

Then putting a rule in that they are immovable obstructions because of COVID ?

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
People that whisper to me on the tee box while someone is getting ready to play. I’m half deaf with 2 hearing aids so struggle to hear people talking normally at the best of times, no chance if they’re going to whisper.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
People that whisper to me on the tee box while someone is getting ready to play. I’m half deaf with 2 hearing aids so struggle to hear people talking normally at the best of times, no chance if they’re going to whisper.

It’s even worse for the player waiting to pull the trigger!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am playing possibly the worst golf of my golfing life to date. Have been for about 6 weeks. Probably can't break 100, may be 110.

Somehow, I can always par 16, 17, and 18. Every flipping time.

Yet again today. Played like a spanner, until 15, then finished par, par, birdie, bogey, for a level par last 4 holes.

D

Deleted member 23344

I saw a second hand Vokey wedge with a senior flex on eBay yesterday ... been waiting ages to find one with the right loft and grind with a senior flex graphite shaft ... very rare. And it looked in good nick. It was only £40 “buy it now“ too. Timed it perfectly ... a real bargain price and only listed a couple of minutes before. A few hours later, the seller cancelled the order and refunded my money ... he said that, when he came to pack it up, he noticed that the shaft was badly damaged. What complete b@@@@cks! It looked fine in the photo which he had posted minutes before I bought it. I wouldn’t mind betting that he realised that, with it selling in a couple of minutes, he had set the wrong price ... which he clearly had.