Golf Random Irritations

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unrepaired pitchmarks stopping my birdie putt dropping. It took a huge hop 2ft out and stopped short on the very edge of the hole...

That club member who has to tell you a full blow by blow account of their round.

Even if you were there you may have missed some minor detail...

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
One has to ask why one didn't repair it before putting.?..

Sadly far too many at the par 3 these days, the uptick in people playing has just meant so many more than there used to be, plus the softer greens this time of year. I just missed one so some is on me I agree but it is sad to see so many.

I repaired at least three on every green today.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sadly far too many at the par 3 these days, the uptick in people playing has just meant so many more than there used to be, plus the softer greens this time of year. I just missed one so some is on me I agree but it is sad to see so many.

I repaired at least three on every green today.
Should have done 4;)

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Realising that now I'm back to photographing football and it's dark at night that I don't have time to play golf. Actually I'd always realised that was going to be the case and I've had plenty of value out of my season ticket this year but I don't really want to go back to playing a couple of times a year though so I'm going to make an effort to get out when I can.

sunshine

Visit site
Golf trousers with a back pocket that is too shallow so your scorecard falls out when you're walking.

No problem if this happens with normal trousers, but surely this should be part of the design spec for golf trousers!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf trousers with a back pocket that is too shallow so your scorecard falls out when you're walking.

No problem if this happens with normal trousers, but surely this should be part of the design spec for golf trousers!
I've always put my scorecard in the front left pocket. Probably for that exact reason, that I'd be concerned it falls out of the back pocket too easily. Back left I use for my glove when I take it off and that's all. Back right has my marker/pitchfork and pencil.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

or worse still you club changes the size of the scorecard, that used to fit in your back pocket to one that now doesn't:rolleyes:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
or worse still you club changes the size of the scorecard, that used to fit in your back pocket to one that now doesn't:rolleyes:
Ours bought a job lot at the start of the season that were too big to fit in the holder of most peoples trolleys. After many grumblings they agreed to go back to the old size ones.

On another occasion they bought cards that were glossy and so pencils would not work on them. They left an imprint but no mark. Another lot for the recycle bin.

Little details

sunshine

Visit site
Ours bought a job lot at the start of the season that were too big to fit in the holder of most peoples trolleys. After many grumblings they agreed to go back to the old size ones.

On another occasion they bought cards that were glossy and so pencils would not work on them. They left an imprint but no mark. Another lot for the recycle bin.

Little details

Glossy scorecards :rolleyes: what a schoolboy error. Some of the people that come up with dumb ideas like this.... I wonder how they complete basic tasks like getting dressed or eating breakfast.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Little details
Glossy scorecards :rolleyes: what a schoolboy error. Some of the people that come up with dumb ideas like this.... I wonder how they complete basic tasks like getting dressed or eating breakfast.
That's actually really funny. Just imagine being the guy who came up with that one. "I have an idea that'll look really suave and professional!" Printing stuff on gloss costs extra as well. :ROFLMAO: Talk about sacked in the morning.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Vert-line draining. A necessary evil but sadly the lines haven't quite knitted yet and so several putts that were good weight and started on a good line caught one of these and seemed to follow the line all the way past the hole. Same for everyone of course but annoying none the same

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Vert-line draining. A necessary evil but sadly the lines haven't quite knitted yet and so several putts that were good weight and started on a good line caught one of these and seemed to follow the line all the way past the hole. Same for everyone of course but annoying none the same
Ah yeah, we had that on our course last weekend. I don't think anyone putted well, I missed probably about five inside 4 feet. As you say it would just hit the tracks and straighten out when you didn't want it to. Alignment was difficult as well if your line is just slightly diagonal to the track lines. :confused:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
View attachment 32986
I feel the pain.
Imagine playing a county scratch tournament on this rubbish ?
Total lottery.
The kings club in Inverness have just hollow tines all the greens, so covered in holes, they don't have the money to top dress on a reg basis, so putting it a total lottery, so the club have dec that the winter league, whic is usually NQ, will be Q this winter... i suspect there won't be many takers, last year over 200 played in it