Golf Random Irritations

Springveldt

Visit site
I've had this issue but I only use the app, not paying £300+ for a watch I only use for golf when the app is free.. But sometimes the tags don't scan & leaves me standing next to the ball for a minute or 2 trying to get it to work. For someone who hates slow play I end up just hitting the shot without scanning & try to remember on the course edit later that night.
Didn't even realise they have an app that can scan the tags. My new strap is getting delivered tomorrow and I'm going to jury rig a part of the old strap onto the new strap to extend it. Will look fugly being a red and black strap but I don't care as I only wear it on the golf course.

crdb

Visit site
Tried to play 18 on my own tonight, got round 12 holes then caught a 4 ball up who were playing off the whites, they had 3-4 hole clear ahead of them & didn’t let me through so I was waiting on every tee box..

Wasn’t sure if they were in a comp & couldn’t let me through, but if they did they probably wouldn’t even notice i’m ahead! Rain started coming down in the end so walked off after hole 15 (+5). One of my better rounds ruined 🙂

PaulMdj

Visit site
Tried to play 18 on my own tonight, got round 12 holes then caught a 4 ball up who were playing off the whites, they had 3-4 hole clear ahead of them & didn’t let me through so I was waiting on every tee box..

Wasn’t sure if they were in a comp & couldn’t let me through, but if they did they probably wouldn’t even notice i’m ahead! Rain started coming down in the end so walked off after hole 15 (+5). One of my better rounds ruined 🙂
Could of you just walked past them to the next hole?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Last night got a ‘drop out’ time in our Captain’s Day main comp - weather forecast after my 10:30am tee time looked good last night. I wake to pouring rain. Fingers crossed.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Captain's Day 4BBB competitions - one on Thursday primarily for non 7 Day members, two yesterday, all shotguns. One set of winners left without apologies before prize giving (half an hour after the comp finished). Neither of the other winners offered even a few words of thanks to the Captain and staff.

I'm not massively into tradition, but I do consider that was rude.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our v strong academy and junior sections have restricted tee times and these are generally after 2pm…as a result I am starting to struggle a bit to find a tee time mid-late afternnoon with space behind and before to enable me to mess around and try things out. S’pose I’m lucky in that most times I manage to find such a tee time…and we have a superb range (with free range balls).

Springveldt

Visit site
Not mine but one of the low guys at the club today shot a gross 65 (-7) for a net 67 and has finished 6th in the comp. Didn’t even win the Division 1 prize either as a 5 handicapper has shot 71 for a net 66.

No wind today, rain all day yesterday took a lot of fire out the greens and fairways so perfect scoring conditions if you kept it out the rough.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not mine but one of the low guys at the club today shot a gross 65 (-7) for a net 67 and has finished 6th in the comp. Didn’t even win the Division 1 prize either as a 5 handicapper has shot 71 for a net 66.

No wind today, rain all day yesterday took a lot of fire out the greens and fairways so perfect scoring conditions if you kept it out the rough.
😳

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Two difficult days on the course. Played modestly in the comp on Saturday in really tough conditions with the wind and rain but still managed 16th in division 1. Club match against Tylney Park yesterday. Started well and drove the 229 yard first for a par and win and then forgot what to do. My partner kept us in touch and we turned 2 down. I suddenly got a game on the 11th as he decided to play poorly on the back 9 and we won 11, 12 and 13 and I then won 15 to go 2 up and a par at our tough 16th sealed the deal. Still a tough day with torrential showers and lots of flaws in my game this weekend so back to working on it