Golf Random Irritations

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was off 11 off the yellows for first time so thought I might have at least had a chance. As I've said on here so many times you can only do the best by your own ball and shoot as low as you can. If someone has an equally good day nothing you an do. Think I've won the roll up side bet and will get a pick up from the club for 2nd onto my pro shop account plus my 2 x 2's so more cash on the card to come so all good
Sounds like you'll need to check the rules for Amateur status.

NearHull

Visit site
Same with IG, checks and balances are absent, so it’s not enabled at my club.
The EG App is not much better.
The Rules of Handicapping for acceptable scores require players to :
declare their intent,
for scores to be pre-registered,
attested by a marker,
in an authorised format of play
and submitted by midnight.
An organised competition will comply with all of these requirements, whilst the EGApp allows all of them to be circumvented for general play if the players are so minded.
It’s not a lack of knowledge that allows players to put in scores from team events or 4BBB, it’s just the fact that if they are so minded, they can. I don’t say they are cheating, they just aren’t playing by the rules, and some people think rules don’t apply to them.
It’s a shame that the authorised system of the governing body allows all these ‘loopholes’ and non-compliance, I wonder if the CEO and Board are aware, or care?
I think the only thing we perhaps disagree about is the definition of cheating, I do say they are cheating.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
We ran an open AMAM this week, After reading this thread, I thought I’d check EG Database on the off chance that entrants had also submitted GP cards. Two had. I emphasise ‘Had’ because I’ve deleted them.
Pah, 11 GP cards from ours, 4 from 4BBB Open and 7 casual rounds attested by someone other than a playing partner in the last 2 months.

NearHull

Visit site
Pah, 11 GP cards from ours, 4 from 4BBB Open and 7 casual rounds attested by someone other than a playing partner in the last 2 months.
Perhaps I need to be a bit more vigilant.

ETA , gone back over our two previous Team Opens and found two more. They have been deleted as well. I just didn’t realise how rife this is.

Last edited:

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
It madness - we had to delete 20 cards during the recent 4BBB , we have a waltz next week , will no doubt have to delete loads again
If the tee sheet is booked out for the whole day, turn off the facility in EG and whatever ISV you use, to submit GP scores. But if these comps are only part of the day there’s nothing you can do to stop it at source.

sunshine

Visit site
Spending ages finding a date for a KO match weeks in advance, then England decide to play their KO at the same time.

So here are my options:

1. Cancel the golf and watch England pass the ball across the midfield and back 4 for 120 minutes, then lose on pens.
2. Play golf and miss a dazzling display of highly entertaining football as England throw off the shackles and march into the next round.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Spending ages finding a date for a KO match weeks in advance, then England decide to play their KO at the same time.

So here are my options:

1. Cancel the golf and watch England pass the ball across the midfield and back 4 for 120 minutes, then lose on pens.
2. Play golf and miss a dazzling display of highly entertaining football as England throw off the shackles and march into the next round.

Whichever way you go, you just know it’ll be the wrong choice!

But for the sake of everyone else’s sanity, I urge you really strongly to play golf.

😉

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

So here are my options:

Record it or watch it on catch up when you get home. That has the added advantage of being to fast forward it if it’s really tedious.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was off 11 off the yellows for first time so thought I might have at least had a chance. As I've said on here so many times you can only do the best by your own ball and shoot as low as you can. If someone has an equally good day nothing you an do. Think I've won the roll up side bet and will get a pick up from the club for 2nd onto my pro shop account plus my 2 x 2's so more cash on the card to come so all good
…and even if you had won none of the other bits and pieces, you are a winner to yourself knowing that you can score +5. And you can take that onto the course every time you play, and then off the course no matter how you have played.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My trolley curling up it's toes yesterday......could be terminal, going to investigate further today..
Having to brush off the old Clic-Gear pusher for tomorrow - that'll be fun on our slopes....... :cry:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
36 points in the roll up yesterday with an awful putting display and a blob hole. Felt like it was my C game and still scoring well. Annoying as I could have picked up a bit of cash with one more point and that I didn't follow up the good round on Thursday

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A tiny tear in the inner material on the heel of my Ecco golf trainers, resulting in a painful blister. I felt it rubbing after three holes. Put a plaster on it at the halfway house, but damage already done. Annoyingly, just outside their warranty period.