Golf Random Irritations

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The price of batteries for electric trolleys. To replace the Lithium batter on my Mk.1 GoKart is Ā£110-Ā£130 online. To replace the "bespoke" (shaped) units on other brands, you are paying almost double that price. By making them a specific shape, it limits the the options of buying third party units.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The price of batteries for electric trolleys. To replace the Lithium batter on my Mk.1 GoKart is Ā£110-Ā£130 online. To replace the "bespoke" (shaped) units on other brands, you are paying almost double that price. By making them a specific shape, it limits the the options of buying third party units.
Indeed. I looked at a battery for my old S1 and nearly Ā£250 despite looking around. I think it's because Motocaddy don't tend to allow stores to offer discounts

crdb

Visit site
The price of trollies nowadays is crazy, let alone the batteries

D-S

Visit site
What was he in the UK? that seems madness as I thought it was a "world" handicap system
He used to be off about 5 or so a few years ago. The system might be called world but the application is not only down to choices in certain areas of the various country unions but far more importantly it depends on the competency and diligence (and in some cases existence) of club handicap committees.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He used to be off about 5 or so a few years ago. The system might be called world but the application is not only down to choices in certain areas of the various country unions but far more importantly it depends on the competency and diligence (and in some cases existence) of club handicap committees.
No wonder he shot the lights out with the previous ability.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
When I bought a 2nd hand powakaddy (without battery), I found a gizmo that was 25 to 30 Ā£, which sat in the "shape" to enable using a regular 3rd party battery. Not sure if they are still around.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The New Decade multi compound grip that has only been on my driver for six months and the lower rubber section has ā€œgone offā€ already. I know that this grip doesnā€™t last long but only getting six months out of it is a joke. I think Iā€™ll be going back to a standard Lamkin.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just cannot hit the driver anymore. Don't know what to do to stop slicing it. Feel like I'm only hitting it at about 75% now just to try and keep it in play, any more than that and it's gone. Driving used to be my biggest strength! Now it's my biggest weakness as the rest of my game seems to be coming together.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The New Decade multi compound grip that has only been on my driver for six months and the lower rubber section has ā€œgone offā€ already. I know that this grip doesnā€™t last long but only getting six months out of it is a joke. I think Iā€™ll be going back to a standard Lamkin.
Doesnā€™t sound right - I used to rejuvenate my multi compounds with a blast from my electric sander with fine grit paper, just takes a little off the top and brings the grip back - you canā€™t feel any difference in grip size

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Doesnā€™t sound right - I used to rejuvenate my multi compounds with a blast from my electric sander with fine grit paper, just takes a little off the top and brings the grip back - you canā€™t feel any difference in grip size
It does seem odd because the same grips on my 3 wood and rescue are still good and were fitted at the same time. It canā€™t be a usage thing either as the rescue is probably used more than the driver. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø