Golf Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played La Manga North course on Sunday. FiL only gives me 7 shots, played like a tool for 23 points. Like really expensive torture.

Played it again this afternoon, 39 points with the same 7 shots. Jekyll & Hyde doesn’t even come close to describing my game just now.

Rotator cuff pain doesn’t help but all these rounds were paid in advance.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
MyEG App changing the listing of Friends from ‘last played’ to alphabetical.
I liked looking at the most recent scores, and keeping up to date with who was doing what, the ‘last played’ listing was ideal.
Yeah, I noticed this earlier, I was really confused because my mate who hasn't put a card in for over a year was suddenly at the top. 😂

They should now give you the option to sort it whichever ever way you like really.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Yeah, I noticed this earlier, I was really confused because my mate who hasn't put a card in for over a year was suddenly at the top. 😂

They should now give you the option to sort it whichever ever way you like really.
Logged on this morning and it has gone back to latest score order.🤷‍♂️

Springveldt

Visit site
Shot Scope watch has stopped registering tags again, the 3rd strap to do so. I thought it may be just needing cleaned at the contacts or had come loose so took the strap off, gave it a clean and as I pushed the strap into the contracts to make sure it was nice and tight I could hear a clicking noise coming from the strap so instantly thought the RFID circuit in the strap had snapped. Got an old strap out the drawer (had kept it in the old box with the screwdriver), trimmed away the rubber and found the circuit board has snapped in the old one as well. Inside the strap the wide part near the watch face has most of the circuit board but it also runs down the outside of the strap on both sides (very thin there) and this is where it snaps for me, just at the bit where it gets thin. I guess it's just the repeated stretching every time I put it on as I've got big (some would say fat) wrists and it's still tight on the largest setting (so tight that it leaves indents on my wrist and I can only wear it for golf).

Luckily Shot Scope have the V3 strap back in stock but it's only in a horrible red colour but they have reduced it to £25. I might need to start attaching the watch to the trolley instead and then carry it onto the green for putting as I know the same will happen to this strap eventually if I put it on my big fat wrists again.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Shot Scope watch has stopped registering tags again, the 3rd strap to do so. I thought it may be just needing cleaned at the contacts or had come loose so took the strap off, gave it a clean and as I pushed the strap into the contracts to make sure it was nice and tight I could hear a clicking noise coming from the strap so instantly thought the RFID circuit in the strap had snapped. Got an old strap out the drawer (had kept it in the old box with the screwdriver), trimmed away the rubber and found the circuit board has snapped in the old one as well. Inside the strap the wide part near the watch face has most of the circuit board but it also runs down the outside of the strap on both sides (very thin there) and this is where it snaps for me, just at the bit where it gets thin. I guess it's just the repeated stretching every time I put it on as I've got big (some would say fat) wrists and it's still tight on the largest setting (so tight that it leaves indents on my wrist and I can only wear it for golf).

Luckily Shot Scope have the V3 strap back in stock but it's only in a horrible red colour but they have reduced it to £25. I might need to start attaching the watch to the trolley instead and then carry it onto the green for putting as I know the same will happen to this strap eventually if I put it on my big fat wrists again.
Use it for putting? I'm not familiar with that watch.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Turning up for the first round ever at a course you've applied to join. All excited as I unpacked the car, put the bag on the Powakaddy and... nothing. No power-kaddy!
Decided to just push it round, as it's not massively hilly, but the bag is not a carry bag, so blimey, it was an effort.
Loved the course though, and keeping everything crossed I get in!

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Turning up for the first round ever at a course you've applied to join. All excited as I unpacked the car, put the bag on the Powakaddy and... nothing. No power-kaddy!
Decided to just push it round, as it's not massively hilly, but the bag is not a carry bag, so blimey, it was an effort.
I’m also keeping everything crossed you get in! 🤣

Springveldt

Visit site
Use it for putting? I'm not familiar with that watch.
Yes, if you have the putter tag it can log them automatically or you can have it in manual mode were you press a button on each putt and also press a button at the hole. It’s gps so can get things slightly off, I normally edit the round afterwards to set the correct length of putts.

Springveldt

Visit site
If they are anything like the Motocaddy you can adjust the wheels to make sure when you are pushing you are also not turning the axle over and makes it much easier to push.

I’ve had my Motocaddy for 5 years and only realised this a few weeks ago when I took the wheels off to clean them.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes, if you have the putter tag it can log them automatically or you can have it in manual mode were you press a button on each putt and also press a button at the hole. It’s gps so can get things slightly off, I normally edit the round afterwards to set the correct length of putts.
Thanks, TMI (too much information) for my liking.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Could you not have rented one from the pro shop?