Golf Random Irritations

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Walked past a buried ball by the green on my way to the next tee and pointed it out to the approaching player.

'DON'T TOUCH THAT' he shouted.

People like that irritate me.
What a douche. If he can see you and his ball, it matters not one jot if you touch it. I realise you weren't intending to do so but, even if you did, you're an outside influence, he replaces a ball and plays on. No point in getting irrationally upset. Some people are idiots.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club Champs this weekend... middle of June... rain predicted. When will it end? Is this it for the entire year, never being entirely confident that it won't rain again?? In six months we've not had a single complete week without any rain yet.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Club Champs this weekend... middle of June... rain predicted. When will it end? Is this it for the entire year, never being entirely confident that it won't rain again?? In six months we've not had a single complete week without any rain yet.

Still got all my winter gear in the bag, and for a few minutes on Saturday when a weather front came through I actually needed my woolly hat and mittens. It was that cold. Ridiculous.

sjw

Visit site
Guy came walking back to us on the 10th tee saying that he'd left behind a Ping 60 degree wedge. He was wandering around aimlessly while we were checking the areas of the fringe that we were near. My PP then asked him, where did you hit the shot from, and he replied, "over here," and walked to the other side of the green! Idiot

Then, having not found it (I'm sure it must have been in his bag), he walked off in a huff, but not before sneaking a look in my bag! Get lost mate, I have no reason to steal your scabby old wedge.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Oh the summer is not yet here,
But the tees are neatly prepared,
And our clothing is well layered,
For this stupid blummin weather.

Will ye go, laddie, go?
And we’ll all go together,
And play a round of golf,
In this stupid blummin weather,
Will ye go, laddie, go?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So cold. Went to practice last night and lasted about 30 minutes a only had a thin top and polo and the windy was pokey like October. Got a thin base layer for tonight but shouldn't have to be wearing that in the height of summer. Where's our global warming when you want it

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
So cold. Went to practice last night and lasted about 30 minutes a only had a thin top and polo and the windy was pokey like October. Got a thin base layer for tonight but shouldn't have to be wearing that in the height of summer. Where's our global warming when you want it

It's only a rumour, you know. :whistle:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Last summer wasn't great either. I think last spring was the last decent dry spell.
Having endured the grimmest may ever for golf, it was "interesting" to hear that it was by some distance the warmest since record began.
Turns out that a warmer climate just makes us more like a heated up version of Glasgow, than the French riviera 😞

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Got roped into doing some gardening at the weekend, and am paying the price.

Had a practice round planned for yesterday. My back was hurting a bit, but went along anyway. All was fine to start with, but by the middle of the back 9, my back was twinging with every drive (funnily enough it wasn't on any other shot). Abandoned the driver for the last few holes, had a hot bath when I got home, and it wasn't too bad.

It was stiff this morning, was in two minds whether to play in our regular roll-up, but went along in the end. Bad decision as the back was killing me after 4 or 5 holes. Played on until the 9th but packed in then. Am hoping a day's rest tomorrow will sort it as am up at Seahouses on Thursday.

In retrospect, it was a stupid decision to play today. I really should know better.

Mandofred

Visit site
Why would having their trolley away from the green slow things down 🤷‍♂️
One of the reasons people have mentioned for slow play. Some people leave their trolleys in places it takes a good walk to get back to. It's one of the reasons I carry more during the Winter......a lot of places put lines well away from the green to keep trolleys away, but if you are carrying you can ignore them.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
One of the reasons people have mentioned for slow play. Some people leave their trolleys in places it takes a good walk to get back to. It's one of the reasons I carry more during the Winter......a lot of places put lines well away from the green to keep trolleys away, but if you are carrying you can ignore them.

Or you place your trolley at a position away from the green that you then walk to on the way to the next tee 🤷‍♂️