Golf Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think he's missed some quotation marks out, the second and third paragraph are what the other guy said - possibly. It took me a few minutes to figure it out.
He has entered a competition where his partner can only play weekends and is now moaning about his opponents entering when they have no flexibility - double standards in my book

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He has entered a competition where his partner can only play weekends and is now moaning about his opponents entering when they have no flexibility - double standards in my book
I think it's a bit different not being able to play because you work, as opposed to not wanting to play because you want to play a competition instead.

MACM85

Visit site

There is no double standards. This comp for the pairs has the stipulation that it is mainly a weekend competition and that there is another pairs midweek competition.

I have asked for what weekends are available. The reply I got was rubbishing the fact his job as a teacher isn't as time intensive as we are making it out. The presumptions on another persons job is what blew my mind.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There is no double standards. This comp for the pairs has the stipulation that it is mainly a weekend competition and that there is another pairs midweek competition.

I have asked for what weekends are available. The reply I got was rubbishing the fact his job as a teacher isn't as time intensive as we are making it out. The presumptions on another persons job is what blew my mind.
As it is a mid week comp (which wasn't mentioned) then I feel you have a right to be aggrieved

Springveldt

Visit site
As I mentioned previously trying to get one of my matches played at I mentioned that due to work my partner can't get to the course during the week. This was the latest reply to my request of some flexibility on weekens

"We are both away this weekend and next is Father’s Day. We’re also in competitions on the Saturdays. That narrows down to just Sunday 23rd and that would need to be late afternoon. If there’s heavy rain due the failsafe is last day Sun 30th.

I can’t see the problem of being a teacher prohibits any evenings during the week. Schools close 3:30 and I’m fully aware of the marking and lesson planning but not every evening. It’s also been light until 9:30 this week so with Foresomes it should only take 2 1/2 hours so a 6 pm start would be ample."

The Saturday morning comps are an internal group of guys that play every Saturday in their own competition. Fact that they won't even miss one Saturday to get the game in always makes my me question why sign up to comps if you have no flexibility. My partner for this comp is a head teacher at a school two hours away from our course. However I presume they think he works in the local secondary school
Quite the assumption they are making there. It seems to be "play the tie on our terms or it's not getting played".

RichA

Visit site
Went to a driving range last night for the first time in months, even though I play a couple of rounds every week.
I'm wondering at what point I decided to keep my wrists completely stiff through my swing. Noticed it last night and made a point of forcing them to flex on the back swing and turn the club over on my strike. Miraculously the ball suddenly started going 25% further and straight with a hint of draw.
Might be time for a lesson. Probably too lazy though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to a driving range last night for the first time in months, even though I play a couple of rounds every week.
I'm wondering at what point I decided to keep my wrists completely stiff through my swing. Noticed it last night and made a point of forcing them to flex on the back swing and turn the club over on my strike. Miraculously the ball suddenly started going 25% further and straight with a hint of draw.
Might be time for a lesson. Probably too lazy though.
It sounds like you just gave yourself a pretty successful lesson, why pay for another one??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's our East Lothian trip.
It's the same down the coast in the NE as well I'm afraid 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Lovely place to play golf, East Lothian. Oh, and swing slow in the wind 😂. I tend to lose that battle, the enemy on my shoulder convinces me to swing faster on the downswing, but it really is the answer.

Enjoy

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's the same down the coast in the NE as well I'm afraid 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Lovely place to play golf, East Lothian. Oh, and swing slow in the wind 😂. I tend to lose that battle, the enemy on my shoulder convinces me to swing faster on the downswing, but it really is the answer.

Enjoy
When it's breezy, swing easy...or annihilate it and moan when it's in the sea.