Golf Random Irritations

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've got to the stage of using a pitching or gap wedge and playing it like a normal pitch shot but accelerating into the sand half to one inch behind the ball. It may not be pretty but it usually gets me out leaving nothing worse than a 2 putt (generally).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've got to the stage of using a pitching or gap wedge and playing it like a normal pitch shot but accelerating into the sand half to one inch behind the ball. It may not be pretty but it usually gets me out leaving nothing worse than a 2 putt (generally).
A lot of time that is a good result especially when you listen to some of the strokes gained podcasts like Lou Stagners and how many shots 15+ handicappers lose from bunkers

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
One area of my game that needs some serious improvement is bunker play. I went up to the practice area last night and came out hitting even worse shots than before, feeling even worse about it. I can sometimes hit absolute world class shots, other times I'm practically shanking it.

I've been using the Dan Grieve method with some relative success, felt like I just completely lost the plot last night though, even though if feels like I'm doing the right things - very frustrating.
Bunker yips are real.

I seem to have success when I swing slower and longer and am thinking about tempo. When I forget it’s like I’m trying to kill a snake in the sand.

I’m a 2 handicap index, watch me in a bunker and you’ll think I’m 20.

sjw

Visit site
When a professional golfer hits a low shot into the wind, the world goes wild and says it is a stinger and is the greatest shot ever - when I do it why do my mates say I topped it? 🤔

Apart from the fact it was topped 🤣
Next time I catch one low on the face and get a load of run-out, it's going to be called a "stinger"

MACM85

Visit site
Good old classic organising a matchplay. My Partner works away during the week so sent an email to our opposition. Asked for them to let me know what weekends they have so we can get it booked in.

They provide 3 dates, Tuesday, Tuesday and a Tuesday at 1500hrs for each day. I swear some people don't wish to compromise at all!

A nice little follow up on this. Thought we had it sorted as we said the 30th and I said great I will book a morning slot before the competition that day.

Get an email last night saying it has to be after 1600 as they have other plans. They had the cheek to then tell me that we shouldn't enter knockouts if we are not prepared to play when suits them as we are being very difficult!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I did that a few months back. Rocked up to find they'd slit them and sanded them so pointless working on the putting and chips were bouncing all over the place or dying in the sand so that was pointless too
I still putted for five or ten minutes since I'd made the effort. But they hadn't even put the cups back in, so it was just holes in the ground full of sand. 😆

pompeybandit

Visit site
Went for a round while on holiday in Corfu. Was short on time so skipped the driving range for some practice with the hire clubs. Proceeded to launch first tee shot into the trees on the right, soon followed by the second into the bushes on the left! :oops::D

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Getting to the course, looking out to see it almost empty. The weather being perfect, sun out, very little wind.

Just putting my shoes one, and the phone ringing and me needing to go pick one of the kids up.

Arse.