Golf Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Being told I shouldn’t play golf for a few weeks by the physio.

Apparently my twisted ankle at the start of covid was actually a partial Achilles tear and it’s been giving me a lot of issues recently.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Apparently my twisted ankle at the start of covid was actually a partial Achilles tear and it’s been giving me a lot of issues recently.
Accupuncture mixed in with some electro therapy cured my ruptured achiles after 2 visits. Had been suffereing a very slow healing (and scar tissue lump) for 18 months prior to that.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

You have my sympathies, Dando, but could you hone your chipping and putting to elite level?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure acupuncture is for me as I don’t like needles

I had acupuncture in 1979 as I was constantly suffering from awful migraines.
I've had two migraines since!
Life changing for me, give it a go ........................... please.
Oh, the needles go in such a short distance that they often just flop against your skin.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it's on your achilles you will be lying face down and have no idea. If you can manage it, give it a go. It can be quite effective, certainly short term.

Not necessarily.
I had a course of acupuncture for migraines, but the needles were in my arms, legs and feet.
Very rarely they were put in my cheeks, but ALWAYS painless.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not necessarily.
I had a course of acupuncture for migraines, but the needles were in my arms, legs and feet.
Very rarely they were put in my cheeks, but ALWAYS painless.
Good point but I suspect for an Achilles issue there is a pretty decent chance that they will go in and around that area. Migraines are whole different kettle of fish and that is why they went to some funky and interesting locations.

I guess the point you raise is that for someone with a mild fear of needles, not a full phobia, they should ask before booking 👍

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Also, don't ignore it. I had (what I thought) an ache in mine, played footie, started sprinting (it was well into the 2nd half, so I was warmed up) & it went ping - I didn't listen to my body telling me that I needed some treatment. Luckily, I had no pain when it ruptured but it's a pretty long recovery period

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played in an Open Comp today.
A fellow competitor, H/C 11, irrelevant I know hits his ball through white stakes OB around 6 inch over. Plays a provisional and came towards OOB ball. He then proceeded to take lateral relief. I do not think he was ‘trying to pull the wool’ but I thought almost everybody knew that rule. Obviously I was mistaken!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in an Open Comp today.
A fellow competitor, H/C 11, irrelevant I know hits his ball through white stakes OB around 6 inch over. Plays a provisional and came towards OOB ball. He then proceeded to take lateral relief. I do not think he was ‘trying to pull the wool’ but I thought almost everybody knew that rule. Obviously I was mistaken!
Was he an American?

We had one for a while and he always did it because he was used to doing it on his home course in the States.

Red devil

Visit site
We still have a few areas that haven't recovered from the Badgering last year and, although these areas aren't roped off(and they probably should be) they've been seeded and people are still driving their trolleys through it, not letting the seed take and keeping the scars longer
It's brainless but, judging by the number of divots and pitchmarks that don't get fixed, it's not surprising....
Can't understand why people pay the best part of 2k a year to treat the place like they do.....
Because when they do pay 2k they expect someone else to do it for them.

Jason.H

Visit site
Someone should tell these PGA Tour pro,s that it’s ok to smile once in a while. Other than a hole in one or holing out from over 100 yards they rarely smile or laugh. At least Tiger would show some emotion which is one reason non golfers found interest in our sport.
It seems to be “game face“ or look of disappointment most of the time.