Golf Random Irritations

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played with a good mate on friday and he pointed out I'm opening the face when putting. Great to have it pointed out, but nightmare correcting something.

D

Deleted member 23344

A few weeks ago I purchased a Cleveland Frontline 10.5 Slant Neck putter and, for a few rounds, I putted like a demon. However, it has misbehaved badly recently. How can a putter work so well one week and not the next? Is it broken? I can’t think of any other explanation. 🙄

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My yearly bleat about Skycaddie.
Love the unit ( S400)
The company must be amongst the most useless going.
It's time to give them money, it's time to cough up my 30 quid for the year...
I'm trying to give them money
Their stupid website has shown Payment Failed Please try again 15 times...
My cards have so much credit on them it's almost embarrassing and I've just used one to buy something else so it's not that they don't work....
I remember this happening last year.....
It really shouldn't be that difficult..

Visit site
Played with a good mate on friday and he pointed out I'm opening the face when putting. Great to have it pointed out, but nightmare correcting something.

The brain does a good job of playing tricks on you as well. You probably couldn’t feel or see yourself opening the face.

I had a putting lesson recently and the very first thing the pro did was ask to me address the ball as if I was about to putt. He took a pic from behind the ball, and asked what it looks like…. putter face was wide open… but when I’m standing over the ball, it feels perfectly square.

NearHull

Visit site
Love the unit ( S400)
My cards have so much credit on them it's almost embarrassing and I've just used one to buy something else so it's not that they don't work....
I had similar trouble last year and ended up paying twice. I wrote to them and they acted quickly on my request to add a further year for the additional payment.

Teebs

Visit site
The brain does a good job of playing tricks on you as well. You probably couldn’t feel or see yourself opening the face.

I had a putting lesson recently and the very first thing the pro did was ask to me address the ball as if I was about to putt. He took a pic from behind the ball, and asked what it looks like…. putter face was wide open… but when I’m standing over the ball, it feels perfectly square.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. The Pro took a video from behind and I was, to use a better phrase, all over the shop.

Putting far far better now..

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lovely couple of days at East Sussex national. Always love it there

But highlighted my problem with indexs

Don't get me wrong the courses aren't easy but I went there 24.3 left 23.7 because they played me off 28 both days according to the slope etc

My course I'd be off 23. Prince's I'd be off 24

I think both are harder courses than east Sussex national

My 95 yesterday was worth the same differential as a 90 at paultons golf course (par 71) I know which score I was more impressed with!

ThinBullet

Visit site
Someone hitting their Ping driver in the enclosed bay behind you fractions of a second before you hit your shot. Talk about a fright.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In order to direct player traffic away from some areas we wish to recover from wear, and reduce further wear, the greens team have put short lines of three or four low (foot high) black & white painted posts in ground.

One area commonly being protected in this way is the ground immediately behind the back edge of some green side bunkers. But to avoid a ball being deflected into the bunker the first post is set ~3ft away from the edge.

And guess what…? Some members and visitors are walking or taking their trolleys through that gap rather than walk round the end of a v short (~1.5m) line of posts. The stupidity or selfishness of some folks sometimes beggars belief. What on earth do they think the posts are for…🤬

Last edited:

Imurg

Visit site
We still have a few areas that haven't recovered from the Badgering last year and, although these areas aren't roped off(and they probably should be) they've been seeded and people are still driving their trolleys through it, not letting the seed take and keeping the scars longer
It's brainless but, judging by the number of divots and pitchmarks that don't get fixed, it's not surprising....
Can't understand why people pay the best part of 2k a year to treat the place like they do.....

Imurg

Visit site
Love the unit ( S400)
Well...after another dozen tries i contacted them and had a moan
They came back within the hour saying " we've made changes to your account..please try again"
Low and behold..it worked....
Jeez..what a system.......

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
They came back within the hour saying " we've made changes to your account..please try again"
they just switched it off and back on again

D-S

Visit site
Is Sky caddie the only company asking for a subscription now?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
More than irritated that unlike The Open last month, there doesn't appear to be any free live stream of on the range or feature groups etc for the Womens Open

I'm not expecting free full coverage of what is otherwise subscription content of course, but teaser/limited free stuff like the mens tournament was surely doable 🤨

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
More than irritated that unlike The Open last month, there doesn't appear to be any free live stream of on the range or feature groups etc for the Womens Open

I'm not expecting free full coverage of what is otherwise subscription content of course, but teaser/limited free stuff like the mens tournament was surely doable 🤨

I just said the same to Mrs d.

Also no live coverage this morning