Golf Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The members guest green fee at my club is £25 at a weekend. I can get a hot deal at my club at the weekend for £15 :( (not at the time I want though before anyone pipes in with that). That doesn't make sense to me. A hot deal should not be less than the members rate, imo. Cheaper than a standard green fee but not the members rate. (I also think our members guest rate is too high but that's another matter)

Anyway, I'm now playing at another club on Sunday, cheaper for 2 to play than one guest :oops:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
The members guest green fee at my club is £25 at a weekend. I can get a hot deal at my club at the weekend for £15 :( (not at the time I want though before anyone pipes in with that). That doesn't make sense to me. A hot deal should not be less than the members rate, imo. Cheaper than a standard green fee but not the members rate. (I also think our members guest rate is too high but that's another matter)

Anyway, I'm now playing at another club on Sunday, cheaper for 2 to play than one guest :oops:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the club essentially gives two tee times a day to golfnow (which then become the Hotdeal times) and they price it as they please. So it might be out if the clubs control.

In a similar vein our guest rates have jumped up by £10 in 2 years. No way ours should be £25 for a members guest when I can get on Old Links with a member for £30.

I just can't understand the pricing policy at our club - currently £40 on Golfnow and its off temp tees and mats on the fairways. Nothing to say that's the case when you book it FYI. I'd be fuming if I turned up and only found that out on arrival as there are plenty of other that may be wetter but off full course now.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The weather has been glorious for the last few days. I'm due to play tomorrow and Thursday, first game for 10 days. Forecast is for rain both days. Can't play Friday, weather forecast is nice and sunny.

Rain forecast for most of next week as well :confused:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The lad I played with yesterday getting real grumpy after making a couple of mistakes and ending with occasional 7 or 8s. Playing off a CH of 33…🙄

ETA…And when I had checked his card for handicap purposes and told him he’d scored a 96…very well done. He was grumpy. That’s rubbish score..says he. What’s your net score…I asked. It’s 65 - I told him - and that’s before we apply maximum score to a couple of 7s and an 8. Oh..says he…! Quite…says I.🙄

Last edited:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
hearing the word continually, although not so far this year @ Augusta “patrons”.

No idea why but it just gets on my nerves.
I can live with the patrons being called patrons, it's when a commentator mistakenly refers to them as something else and then has to apologise to the world and correct themselves.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The weather has been glorious for the last few days. I'm due to play tomorrow and Thursday, first game for 10 days. Forecast is for rain both days. Can't play Friday, weather forecast is nice and sunny.

Rain forecast for most of next week as well :confused:

Course closed today after it chucking it down overnight. More of a blessing than an irritation after how badly I played yesterday.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing PGA Tour on my phone and hitting a shot OOB and the app saying 'Great' :mad:
Nearly as annoying as someone saying 'Well out' when your ball just creeps over the lip of the bunker and nowhere near where you wanted it!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Playing PGA Tour on my phone and hitting a shot OOB and the app saying 'Great' :mad:
Nearly as annoying as someone saying 'Well out' when your ball just creeps over the lip of the bunker and nowhere near where you wanted it!
I like to do this in match play if playing against someone who has tried any mind games.

Say nothing when they hit a good one, and “shot” when it’s a bit crap.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
hearing the word continually, although not so far this year @ Augusta “patrons”.

No idea why but it just gets on my nerves.

Mind too, it’s just pompous. And that the commentators seem compelled to describe the spectators so at all turns, just cringeworthy, as if the ‘patrons’ are somehow special individuals by simply having tickets to watch a golf competition.