Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Seemingly being unable to find a fairway wood that I can use effectively from the tee and from the fairway....
Some are great off the deck but useless, for me, off the tee and vice versa......
It's beginning to become slightly more than an irritation 😠

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Seemingly being unable to find a fairway wood that I can use effectively from the tee and from the fairway....
Some are great off the deck but useless, for me, off the tee and vice versa......
Could it be an unrealistic expectation that your are trying to find one club to do two jobs?
Maybe try not using a tee peg from the teeing ground?
Asking for a friend.

D

Deleted member 15344

May I suggest looking at the High Launch Woods -you can still pick up the Stealth Version and the Paradym

They are very good off the deck and just as apt from the tee

There is also the Srixon 3+ and the TSR 4 wood

Imurg

Visit site
May I suggest looking at the High Launch Woods -you can still pick up the Stealth Version and the Paradym

That's the theory...one day I'll find one that makes the theory work....the search continues

IJames

Visit site

Srixon 3+ is generally stronger lofted (eg 13.5 degreee), so a 2-Wood, not a High Launch(cum 4) wood!

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Look at a Sim 2. I’ve got a 16.5° (I think) it’s easy to hit from the tee and the ground. I struggle with woods off the deck and I can hit this.
Can be found relatively cheap too.

Imurg

Visit site
Look at a Sim 2. I’ve got a 16.5° (I think) it’s easy to hit from the tee and the ground. I struggle with woods off the deck and I can hit this.
Only issue i have with SiM is that I'm not a fan of 2-tone heads...Black to carbon i can handle....Black and white i find distracting....
I guess Stealth could be an answer....

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only issue i have with SiM is that I'm not a fan of 2-tone heads...Black to carbon i can handle....Black and white i find distracting....
I guess Stealth could be an answer....

Ping G425 5 wood, lofted down to a 4w.

Thank me later. 😉

IJames

Visit site
Check out 4-Woods, either as a fixed 16-ish degrees or as 3-Wood head adjutable between 2W and 4W loft.

Jason.H

Visit site
Got to admit I have the Sim 2 Max HL 16.5 and find it easy off the tee and fairway. Not far short of my driver distance. Just into wind it can get a bit too much height is the only downside.

Jason.H

Visit site
My course has been sold and there's nothing about it on the website, just the buying company confirming the purchase on twitter.
Maybe it’s been sold as a going concern and investment might be made to keep members happy. Or it could be turned into a new housing estate at some point. What do I know? 😂