Golf Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You'll need to wait a lot longer than 10 mins to get at the "meat" of the matter - my guess is you're waiting ?? :)
I gave up in the end! :ROFLMAO: Loads of waffle from Faldo about how good he was, what he achieved and what he could do for every player to unlock the 'hidden power plane' - or something!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Game with the boys before my hospital appointment. Woeful would be the correct assessment after the birdie on the first it was downhill from there. Was on the beach off the tee on 5th and 7th, though I did get par on both. Driving was poor on 10, 15,16 and 17.

Good news from the hospital, bone fully fused and can take the splint off from now on and the surgeon says I can start playing again??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rain, rain, rain and…more rain. Well at least the newly shaped rainwater management groundworks across three of our holes will be tested and, if or where found to be wanting, remodelled before returfing and seeding.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To give you an idea of how much rain we've had in the last 48 hours....
We're closed
We never close for rain
Were built on chalk....chalk is like a sponge...
But, until the next inspection at 9.30......We're closed.?.
I think the world's about to end...

I hope the badgers got drenched

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Our practice range is still off mats (usually grass) to protect it for the dpwet in 4 weeks
Can't see it changing before they get here

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rain, rain, rain and…more rain. Well at least the newly shaped rainwater management groundworks across three of our holes will be tested and, if or where found to be wanting, remodelled before returfing and seeding.
OK so the new rainwater holding ponds and rainfall management changes seem to have worked…so now can the rain please stop for a bit so we can get on with returfing the fairways and seeding our ecological grassland areas (aka rough)

6812C750-B497-407E-9B2F-83E7BB026FD1.jpeg

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to the driving range this afternoon, firstly to try out my new hybrid against the old one. Went onto different clubs after a while though. Got the 46° wedge out, which I had used on Sunday to shank it out of bounds on the par 3 6th. Promptly hit around TEN consecutive shanks with it, so that really helped. Can't wait for the 6th tomorrow now. Feeling great. ?? ?

oleinone

Visit site
!8th par 5 540 yds downhill. Hit a decent drive just into left rough.Hit solid 5 wood over the brow so "blind" but line strongly suggested the fairway. Looked everywhere but no sign. Eventually, a playing partner asked what I was playing - the silly so and so had picked it up and put in his pocket. If brains were dynamite, there wouldn't be enough to blow his cap off.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Played a vets foursomes knockouts yesterday. The course was more busy than usual and it took a ridiculous 4 and a quarter hours ??

I spoke to the 3 ball in front, a member with 2 guests, and said that we were, in effect, a 2 ball and they came back with "there's 2 three balls and a fourball in front so there's nowhere to go so were not letting you through" I pointed out that we were playing a club knockout (so not a friendly) and as we were quicker than them they should call us through and we could maybe get through more groups ahead - no chance !

What was worse was that the guests were not only crap golfers but really gobby to us !

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Course closed for the 4th day in a row due to flooding. To be fair, it's never stopped since Tuesday, so it's understandable but frustrating. Rain, rain and more rain forecast for the coming week, so God knows when we will get out next.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Think it's the same everywhere up here. Even Bamburgh is shut and it never closes.
Yes, the only clubs open around here are the three links courses, Seaton, Cleveland, Hartlepool. Even our driving range is closed as the balls are plugging, and the machine can't collect them, he's having to do it by hand.