Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Found a locking nut in my boot. I think it must have come off my golf trolley which I keep in there - but I can't find an accompanying screw. When I used my trolley yesterday the front wheel was wobbly as well which confirms my suspicion, but I need to give it a proper inspection now. (Or just jump the gun and buy a new one.)

sjw

Visit site
Found a locking nut in my boot. I think it must have come off my golf trolley which I keep in there - but I can't find an accompanying screw. When I used my trolley yesterday the front wheel was wobbly as well which confirms my suspicion, but I need to give it a proper inspection now. (Or just jump the gun and buy a new one.)
Try looking for a bolt instead ;)

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was looking at a competition PB on my home course on Saturday and then hooked my drive OOB on the 18th, first poor drive of the day :( the 3 off the tee ball followed a similar line but just stayed in bounds albeit in an impossible lie.....should have called it a provisional they always sail down the middle :LOL:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't make them with hoods do they?

Again I don't think I've ever seen one with a hood. That's another irritation I've said before, but I don't know why they expect all golfers to want to be bone dry other than their head. ?

Not sure if you follow Mike H on Twitter @Orikoru but hes modelling a waterproof jacket with a hood today

https://twitter.com/MikeHarrisGolf

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just heard a commentator use the term "winningest" as opposed to most successful. (as in so and so is the most winningest player from a particular country)

Where / how has this abomination come from?! :mad::sick:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Found the bolt that goes with it, located where it come off the trolley and screwed it back in place. Job done I think.. as I'm putting it away another part flies off where another nut & bolt appears to have gone missing and I haven't bloody found that one! Perhaps the golf gods are telling me it's time for a new trolley?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Just heard a commentator use the term "winningest" as opposed to most successful. (as in so and so is the most winningest player from a particular country)

Where / how has this abomination come from?! :mad::sick:
Pinched from elsewhere - will just leave it here ??
Ever noticed how many bad US habits become popular in the UK? Is it worse that the Americans "start" them, or that the UK follows a few years later?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Found the bolt that goes with it, located where it come off the trolley and screwed it back in place. Job done I think.. as I'm putting it away another part flies off where another nut & bolt appears to have gone missing and I haven't bloody found that one! Perhaps the golf gods are telling me it's time for a new trolley?

Threadlock. You're welcome.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It is taken ‘ as read’ that I always, well 95% of time mark the card. Most are too lazy, never pick up a card and some struggle to write 4 scores down!

Yesterday we had a roll up with 2 4 man teams and I decided to let somebody else mark the card. Nobody did. We arrived at the 10th and one gut said we had 35 points. I said 38 and he agreed, 2 others hd no idea. we finished and they had no idea of the score and said we will just pass the pot to the other team!

I find it so disappointing that other people show no interest. They have been playing for over 30 years’ with handicaps around 10.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We normally have three or four groups playing together and you can bet that only a couple of us offer to do the cards. Bad eyesight, no pencil, can't add up, bad writing, all the excuses are rolled out.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hitting a brand new ball down the middle of the 1st hole in today’s competition. Get to the bottom of the hill and ball has gone. All we could think of was that a crow had taken it.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Portable leaf blower is your answer.
It would be urinating in an ocean.

The club probably has as much leave removal equipment as they do grass cutting, and normally for approximately six weeks it is torture, hit a ball, look for it, hit a ball look for it. However, the fear is that with the unseasonably warm weather the little blighters are refusing to all fall down and so it could go on for some time yet.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Seemingly either losing my 9 iron or...someone's nicked it....
Trouble is that I cant remember when I last used it.
And even then, it would have gone straight back in the bag
The only scenario I can come up with is taking 2 or 3 clubs to a shot...we have trolley parks on a couple of holes..
Park your trolley, take the clubs you need with you and pick your trolley up on the way back.
These parks are in such places that I wouldn't need to take a 9 iron along with a putter etc ...
So I'm a bit stumped, hopeful that someone finds it and hands it in and more than a little miffed......