Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A medium jumper ordered, made by Adidas, arrived and it's absolutely massive. Who is in charge of sizing at Adidas? This is definitely a large. Can't exchange for a small either as they don't have that in stock. Waste of postage money returning it now because Adidas have no idea how to size things properly.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When you arranged golf 5 weeks ago to fit around half term only for 1 to drop out last minute as he’s played golf 4 times this week and his better half isn’t happy and he wants to play in the Saturday comp
I’d report him. Too much golf and cheesed off wife are his problems, he should not make them yours.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…and so…with three shortened holes (with same par) and winter rules in place, I see that the Thursday Stableford rollup (vast majority playing in it being 13+ handicap) has winner on 46pts…with three on that score, and 17 scoring 40+. Usual winning score is 41-43pts.

Now I don’t play in these sort of comps to win, but I like to think I have a chance. I’ll maybe give it a go next Thursday to see how I get on…but I have a feeling I’m not going to bother thereafter.

yandabrown

Visit site
Played in my new FJ hydroknit trousers today as there were a few showers forecast early on. They never arrived thankfully. However, the day warmed up somewhat and I perspire a little, the trousers became a little clingy. What I didn't bargain for were the little air pockets that formed and the ensuing occasional 'farts' that popped out due to the flexible fabric. Not a side effect anyone mentioned in the reviews! ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played in my new FJ hydroknit trousers today as there were a few showers forecast early on. They never arrived thankfully. However, the day warmed up somewhat and I perspire a little, the trousers became a little clingy. What I didn't bargain for were the little air pockets that formed and the ensuing occasional 'farts' that popped out due to the flexible fabric. Not a side effect anyone mentioned in the reviews! ?

I’ve got the stromberg wintra trousers and they’re farty too

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
for what?
When similar happened to me the actions of the other guy made it quite possible that we’d both be DQd from the comp for missing the ‘play by’ date. So I reported what had happened to the golf manager asking if we could have an extension. No - was the answer.

oleinone

Visit site
A medium jumper ordered, made by Adidas, arrived and it's absolutely massive. Who is in charge of sizing at Adidas? This is definitely a large. Can't exchange for a small either as they don't have that in stock. Waste of postage money returning it now because Adidas have no idea how to size things properly.
Had the same thing with their 365 shorts - 3 inches bigger than labelled - ridiculous.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Another seniors comp yesterday morning, which sadly meant lots of unraked bunkers and lots of in repaired pitch marks.

sunshine

Visit site

With adidas I’ve realised that US medium is much larger than European medium. A lot of their golf gear is made for the US market so I have to order small. If it’s a non golf top (eg football) then it will be European sizing so order medium.

Easier to try on in a shop instead of online roulette ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When similar happened to me the actions of the other guy made it quite possible that we’d both be DQd from the comp for missing the ‘play by’ date. So I reported what had happened to the golf manager asking if we could have an extension. No - was the answer.

and when did Dando mention that it was a competitive round???

Dando said:
When you arranged golf 5 weeks ago to fit around half term only for 1 to drop out last minute as he’s played golf 4 times this week and his better half isn’t happy and he wants to play in the Saturday comp

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
With adidas I’ve realised that US medium is much larger than European medium. A lot of their golf gear is made for the US market so I have to order small. If it’s a non golf top (eg football) then it will be European sizing so order medium.

Easier to try on in a shop instead of online roulette ?

Agree the B&M stores will quickly die if not used (& I don't think that's a good thing)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
and when did Dando mention that it was a competitive round???

Dando said:
I actually missed that it was a casual round so wouldn’t report.

That said, when a round is booked a good bit in advance to enable one of a pair to play, I don’t think it fair to that player for the other to pull out for such as the reasons given - leaving the other player hanging and possibly not able to arrange a game.