Golf Random Irritations

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hitting two provisional balls today, (on different holes) wider than the 1st balls. Found the 1st ball both times but lost the provisional ☹️.

D

Deleted member 23270

We are now on our winter course. Couple of tees in different positions but nothing significantly different to the full course. However it now means that the white course is no longer available to enter scores, everything has to be recorded against the yellow tees. Course ratings change from 71.5/139 to 69.8/130 which makes the course about 2 shots harder for handicap reductions ?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
We are now on our winter course. Couple of tees in different positions but nothing significantly different to the full course. However it now means that the white course is no longer available to enter scores, everything has to be recorded against the yellow tees. Course ratings change from 71.5/139 to 69.8/130 which makes the course about 2 shots harder for handicap reductions ?

Just means you’ll be a bandit by the time the spring comes around.

We are also on a winter course now, but it has been rated now so can be used for handicap purposes. Rating has also dropped by 2 shots. Most of our winter games are pairs comps, so likely not to put a card in before March anyway so will still be off 11.8.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Arrived at club this afternoon for half doz holes, to discover I didn’t have my shoes with me…and…though it’s not raining…where‘s my brolly? And now home I still can’t find shoes and brolly.

btw I played a few holes wearing a pair of good solid walking shoes…loads of grip and did the job fine…but if I wear them again I wonder when will be the first observation that they are not golf shoes…and who will make it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing perfectly fine, get to the par 3 6th and the four-ball in front decides to let us play through. I rush into hitting it without even getting my stance right and hit a genuine pure shank straight over the trees to out of bounds with all of them watching. Of course. Straight to the next tee I go then. :cautious:

sjw

Visit site
Hitting a shot yesterday, felt absolutely no different to any other shot, probably 120 out, nice simple swing.... nope. Ball just skids off the face of the club and flicks off directly right. I could almost feel the moisture on the ball/club cause it to slip and the club almost "threw" the ball rather than hitting it. Very odd sensation.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Hitting a shot yesterday, felt absolutely no different to any other shot, probably 120 out, nice simple swing.... nope. Ball just skids off the face of the club and flicks off directly right. I could almost feel the moisture on the ball/club cause it to slip and the club almost "threw" the ball rather than hitting it. Very odd sensation.

How clean are your grooves?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yeah, I’ve got a plastic thing, I’m going to change it to something else!!
Are you at Dunbar as well now?
Yes took winter membership, they run comps every Saturday and i miss a bit of stroke play over winter. We have maybe two games between November and April that are strokeplay at Nairn. There only so much matchplay I can put up with?
I use one of those plastic ones with the spikey one 1⃣ side, smooth on the other. Nairn gives the nylon carpet style, they are OK, but if it'd not a flat lie the ball rolls off. Welcome to a game at Nairn or Dunbar anytime. Nairn is on full course till next week.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Today I received an email from hole 19 with a link to a Nick Faldo video which was titled '60 second drill to add 30 yards and hit drives laser straight' (or something). How come I am now nearly 10 minutes into the video and no sign of the 60 second tip yet! :mad:

D-S

Visit site
Today I received an email from hole 19 with a link to a Nick Faldo video which was titled '60 second drill to add 30 yards and hit drives laser straight' (or something). How come I am now nearly 10 minutes into the video and no sign of the 60 second tip yet! :mad:
Sounds like the drill is 60 seconds long, not the explanation off the drill.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
You'll need to wait a lot longer than 10 mins to get at the "meat" of the matter - my guess is you're waiting ?? :)