Golf patents and ideas

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where can people go if they have an idea for a new product but don’t have the time and expertise to make it happen (assuming it’s a good idea of course)?

So many companies that want your ideas online but who can you trust? Has anybody tried this ? even if they have not been successful?

Reading about the Fat plate product I’m thinking that maybe there is hope for some of my crazy ideas yet😁😁😉

Maybe GM can cover this subject in a future magazine article. Weird and wonderful golf aids, good ones and bad ones, got an idea? Where to go for advice and help etc,etc

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where can people go if they have an idea for a new product but don’t have the time and expertise to make it happen (assuming it’s a good idea of course)?

So many companies that want your ideas online but who can you trust? Has anybody tried this ? even if they have not been successful?

Reading about the Fat plate product I’m thinking that maybe there is hope for some of my crazy ideas yet

Maybe GM can cover this subject in a future magazine article. Weird and wonderful golf aids, good ones and bad ones, got an idea? Where to go for advice and help etc,etc

The Dragons Den

If you want to go it alone get it made in China but you can bet your bottom dollar fakes/copies will appear virtually as soon as you bring it to market if you go there.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Reading about the Fat plate product I’m thinking that maybe there is hope for some of my crazy ideas yet😁😁😉

I've just replied to your PM sawtooth!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had what I felt was a good idea and got as far as speaking to the CEO of a major golf company. If I said the name everyone would know it. He listened and liked it, said he'd take it to his development team and I never heard back from him. I prodded him a few times but no response. I think the tech is there in other industries but it's possibly too expensive to bring to the golf market. For now. As with all things it'll probably be commonplace in the future and who knows I might open a golf magazine some day and there it'll be.

Then the litigation can begin 😂

Not sure if that's a help but what I would say is good ideas don't always run.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had what I felt was a good idea and got as far as speaking to the CEO of a major golf company. If I said the name everyone would know it. He listened and liked it, said he'd take it to his development team and I never heard back from him. I prodded him a few times but no response. I think the tech is there in other industries but it's possibly too expensive to bring to the golf market. For now. As with all things it'll probably be commonplace in the future and who knows I might open a golf magazine some day and there it'll be.

Then the litigation can begin 😂

Not sure if that's a help but what I would say is good ideas don't always run.

I tell a lie. He said they'd take a look at it down the road. Perhaps I should prod again...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Dragons Den

If you want to go it alone get it made in China but you can bet your bottom dollar fakes/copies will appear virtually as soon as you bring it to market if you go there.

The Chinese will copy it whatever so don't worry about that. Copyright, patents etc don't seem to count there 😟💰💰😟

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The best one I have heard of was when they first invented tubular shafts someone patented putting mercury inside them.

My grandmothers brother was first to patent steel shafts, the set is on display at the R&A museum.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The Chinese will copy it whatever so don't worry about that. Copyright, patents etc don't seem to count there 

The patent writer will probably cost you £2000 plus
And then there's the annual costs to keep the patent which goes up £10 every year.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Write a full description of the idea with drawings etc: date and sign and give it to a solicitor to keep. This will enable you to prove the time of the designed idea.you can then explore getting a prototype made with some degree of protection. Not as good as a patent but not bad and a heck of a lot cheaper.