Looking to personalize my TaylorMade golf bag and a bit more.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This side of the pond, I am not sure I know too many club players who'd wnat their name on the bag... they'd take too much stick for it!

This all day long. You'd have to have the confidence of a Poulter and the game to back it up if you are an amateur going down this road. Could well be different in other countries but in the UK you would get slaughtered.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This all day long. You'd have to have the confidence of a Poulter and the game to back it up if you are an amateur going down this road. Could well be different in other countries but in the UK you would get slaughtered.
Imagine turning up for H4H with one!!. I'm sure everyone would show you great respect. There again............................. Definitely need skin of a rhino and I can imagine my weekend roll ups if it happened. Fortunately I DO have the skin of a rhino but can't justify the cost on something quite so indulgent at the moment

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Imagine turning up for H4H with one!!. I'm sure everyone would show you great respect. There again............................. Definitely need skin of a rhino and I can imagine my weekend roll ups if it happened. Fortunately I DO have the skin of a rhino but can't justify the cost on something quite so indulgent at the moment
I've told this story before so forgive me if you ever read it already. I won a gorgeous TM special edition tour bag a few years ago. Bright red, beautiful finishing on it. Fabulous bag. My son looked at me, 'dad you can't walk on to the 1st tee with that, you just can't'. His eyes were pleading with me. Sad to say, he was dead right. You have to be low single figures to scratch to carry off flash bags, and have a swing to die for. Anything else....................humiliation is waiting for you either to your face or behind your back. I sold the bag with a heavy heart (bought quite a bit of golf gear with it so all was well in the end :D)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got a 2017 US Open TM Tour Bag. It looks ridiculous, it's far too big but I love it. Don't really care what anyone thinks about me using one, for me, I think it looks great and it's incredibly practical as the pockets are massive. Now I wouldn't go so far as to get it personalised with my name on it, as I just don't see the point in it and think you just look like a nob but nothing wrong with using a flash tour bag.

This is the one I've got:

taylormade_us_open_staff_golf_bag_2017_2_1.jpg

Wolf

Visit site
My brother has a Hugo Boss tour bag cost a fair bit and has his name emblazoned on it, to be fair he plays off scratch so can kind of pull it off, but I still think it looks ridiculous and makes him look a knob...

Can't see why anyone would want to do it personally as no chance of resale or see why you actually would need it

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
One of my clubs stocks a fairly wide range of different bags already with the club logo on, they're VERY popular.

No idea who does it but the bags only cost a little more than the standard (unlogoed) versions.

Not sure about having names on though, would have thought that would be better on some kind of personalised top end 'tag' which could be removed and swapped between bags (if like me you have several)

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
Have seen a few juniors with personalised bags and think good on them as clearly they are into the golf and the future of the club. If one of the guys turned up with one I dare say he probably wouldn’t get the same response. More a yank than a brittish thing

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tour bags generally have a zip off panel that can be customised (in fact I've even seen some stand bags now with the same idea). This means you can have a blank as well as a customised panel if you wish.
Have seen blank panels on ebay before too.