Golf or football

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What will you be watching Sunday night?
Golf or football?

For me it's the golf or I might have another TV on with the footie.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would I be right in thinking that one could watch the football and then still catch the last two hours ish of the US Open?

Must admit I forgot about this clash. I've kind of agreed to watch the England game at the pub with some friends. But if anyone I like / have bet on is in contention at the USO, then I might give the pub a swerve so I can flick between both at home.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it just me, or did the Euros sneak up on us? There seems to be a lot less going on before the tournament than it used to be.

Same for the Olympics coming up in Paris in a few weeks.
Not sure, personally I don't really get excited by football in the way that I used to, so I thought it was just me not paying attention to the build-up.

As for Olympics, I've never given a toss about that.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it just me, or did the Euros sneak up on us? There seems to be a lot less going on before the tournament than it used to be.

Same for the Olympics coming up in Paris in a few weeks.

I think that the length of the season has something to do with it. We had the last games of the season, lower league play offs, champions league final, a couple of weeks of warm up games then we were suddenly at the tournament. May just be me but does not seem to have been time for any build up, constant football before and the clubs will be back on the pitch in no time after.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Modern tech seems to have made this rather a moot point for most people. 😄
My eyesight could not put up with watching golf on a very small screen.
My extra TV in the lounge is a 15" usually used on a Saturday night on silent to when Lineker and his cronies have a natter whilst waiting for the next match and watching golf on the big screen (the golf goes in to pause whilst watching the match that way I get to fast forward through the ad breaks).

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I don't know.....you lot constantly complain about how badly England play, what's wrong with the tactics and the Manager is an oaf....
And yet you still torture yourselves ....
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: