Golf Monthly Top 100 No. 1....... Turnberry March 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Final word again to Glyn - he would have literally put in well over 3-400 hours, if not more, collecting, doing draws, liaising with Turnberry, Robin, Cam, mini-bus companies and much, much more. He puts in a tonne of effort and for no financial reward, he really deserves some sort of forum honour.

Maybe the mods can give him an honorary 40,000 posts to put him on a par with Homer, so alike in so many ways...... :rofl:

Hear hear! I've only been to one 'mega meet' but loads of 'regional' ones.

Glyn Roddy OBE or could we stretch to Sir Glyn? :D

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Echo all above about the trip! Ailsa was phenomenal! Thanks to my PPs across the days, sorry for my poor golf on occasions! Too many layers...wonder why that was?! :rofl:

Glyn did a tremendous job, above and beyond. Fish too for the Wildings part, plus anything I've overlooked.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Does anyone know the guy I spoke to on Saturday morning just outside the pro shop, seem a nice guy? (was speaking with boxman also at the time I think). Be nice to put a forum name to him.

The guy had a smallish tablet, very short hair crew-cutish and was Scottish? He did say his name but neither Joanne or me can remember, came across as a nice chap(which stood out from the rest of you:ears: :D) ?

Possibly Kevin (JPXPro).

D

Deleted member 17920

Wow, what a trip.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Biggest meet I have done to date and by hell we got lucky with the weather :D

Thanks to all 67 other people that came along for the trip and made it an awesome weekend. To have folk come from the USA, Austria and the end of the world (Kent) it really does show how the forum and the lure of a top course works.

Big thanks to Fish for sorting Wildings, really good meal and I don't think Turnberry would have done the same meal for £25.

Thanks to Cameron for sorting the cards for me and helping me do the results and for helping take loads of clubs and people to and from Woodhall Spa.

I thought Turnberry did us proud, the courses were very playable and the rooms in the villas spot on, the breakfast in the champions suite was very nice.

We in the minibus played at Southerness Monday and that was also very nice, the greens were so true for the time of year.

Finally got back at 10pm Monday night, handed the minibus back this morning so the trip is now well and truly over :(

Will post the prize winners in a separate post in a few mins.

I am not posting scores for this event on the forum, the wind and cold played hell and I don't think its fair that my scores can be laughed at when I was cold and tired :lol:

Anyway I have stupidly asked for a price for a return visit :whistle:

D

Deleted member 17920

I’d also be interested in seeing the scores from the meets too
The weather must have beaten many up
Not a chance of seeing all the scores :rofl:

Yes it did beat some up so that's why I am not naming and shaming :D

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Does anyone know the guy I spoke to on Saturday morning just outside the pro shop, seem a nice guy? (was speaking with boxman also at the time I think). Be nice to put a forum name to him.

The guy had a smallish tablet, very short hair crew-cutish and was Scottish? He did say his name but neither Joanne or me can remember, came across as a nice chap(which stood out from the rest of you:ears: :D) ?

Tall, maybe late 30's early 40's going grey (sorry Kev :rofl:)

I think this was jpxpro, he was the only guy kicking around with a tablet.

Last edited:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I am not posting scores for this event on the forum, the wind and cold played hell and I don't think its fair that my scores can be laughed at when I was cold and tired :lol:

Anyway I have stupidly asked for a price for a return visit :whistle:

Lawyers are watching! Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did with all the admin you had to do. Bloomin brilliant trip. How did we miss the snow? Mind you it was so cold, the Geordies had bobble hats on!

D

Deleted member 21258

Possibly Kevin (JPXPro).
Tall, maybe late 30's early 40's going grey (sorry Kev :rofl:)

I think this was jpxpro, he was the only guy kicking around with a tablet.

That sounds like the guy, cheers:thup:, always nice to put names to people.

I kept my cards in my coat, as insulation:p

D

Deleted member 17920

Results

Nearest the pins

Silloth 9th Fraz
Silloth 16th Gary A

Both Woodhall Spa

Ailsa 6th Glen (Liverbirdie guest)
Ailsa 9th CX03 PUT Claire

Robert the Bruce 9th Green Bay Hacker
Robert the Bruce 16th Jimaroid

Well done all, some quality shots into them greens.

For the individual day comps I put it so you could only win one prize.

Silloth

1st Jobr1850 35 points
2nd Andy O (Woodhall Spa) 34 points
3rd Paul Strange (GBH guest) 34 points
4th Richart 32 points

Ailsa course

1st Callum L (Woodhall Spa) 35 points
2nd Jpxpro 35 points
3rd Ian M 34 points

Robert The Bruce

1st Nigel (region 3 guest) 39 points
2nd Chris J (Woodhall Spa) 34 points
3rd Scouser Nic 33 points

2 day Turnberry comp

1st Nigel D
2nd Jpxpro
3rd Chris J
4th Joint Trev and Dan Mc

3 day comp

1st Nigel D
2nd Andy O
3rd Jobr1850

I did pay cash to those that stayed for the presentation, I will sort with all the other prize winners via email.

Just want to say thanks to Gary (region3) who yet again helped me with a cracking spreadsheet for scoring, whilst he didn't come on the meet his help with it was yet again superb.

D

Deleted member 1740

Results

Nearest the pins

Silloth 9th Fraz
Silloth 16th Gary A

Both Woodhall Spa

Ailsa 6th Glen (Liverbirdie guest)
Ailsa 9th CX03 PUT Claire

Robert the Bruce 9th Green Bay Hacker
Robert the Bruce 16th Jimaroid

Well done all, some quality shots into them greens.

For the individual day comps I put it so you could only win one prize.

Silloth

1st Jobr1850 35 points
2nd Andy O (Woodhall Spa) 34 points
3rd Paul Strange (GBH guest) 34 points
4th Richart 32 points

Ailsa course

1st Callum L (Woodhall Spa) 35 points
2nd Jpxpro 35 points
3rd Ian M 34 points

Robert The Bruce

1st Nigel (region 3 guest) 39 points
2nd Chris J (Woodhall Spa) 34 points
3rd Scouser Nic 33 points

2 day Turnberry comp

1st Nigel D
2nd Jpxpro
3rd Chris J
4th Joint Trev and Dan Mc

3 day comp

1st Nigel D
2nd Andy O
3rd Jobr1850

I did pay cash to those that stayed for the presentation, I will sort with all the other prize winners via email.

Just want to say thanks to Gary (region3) who yet again helped me with a cracking spreadsheet for scoring, whilst he didn't come on the meet his help with it was yet again superb.

i see Nigel stil has that dodgy handicap :D

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Just back from Scotland today.

Where too start, a big thank you to Glyn and his team for the organisation of the whole trip.

Silloth, what a lovely place to play golf. Even In the strong winds. I didn't play very well, so a massive thanks to Simon, Paul and Darren for helping to find some of the balls I lost :p

Turnberry Alisa, thanks to James, Craig and Dave for the company. Even in the cold and wind I'm not too sure a smile ever left my face. Not a bad hole on the course the ones around the lighthouse being Superb. Gutted to lip out for birdie on 10!!

Turnberry Robert the Bruce. Don't know if it was the late night and booze but just wasn't inspired at all. Think it was being spoilt the day before, also it being a lot colder didn't help at all. Thanks to Cameron, young Adam and Nick for the company.

jpxpro

Assistant Pro
Visit site

yes that was indeed myself, all the previous descriptions are bang on money :D, not surprised you didnt catch my name noone understands the foreign language i speak :)

good to chat hopefully see yourself and good lady at another meet soon.