Golf after lockdown 2

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Our time for booking 4 balls is coming in less than an hour...I'm not going to join that scrum. Planning on booking a practice time on the field tomorrow for next week. I won't join the madness. Hoarding of toilet paper.....desperation for tee times......just give me a field and don't bother me.

I've emailed the club to see if we need to book a slot on the practice ground (we did before to limit numbers) or can simply get tokens from the pro shop and go out and hit balls. Planning to some extensive practice (especially pitching/bunkers) then waiting for the 18 hole four balls. Leave me alone with a bucket of balls and I'm happy. Similarly leave me to work on my chipping and putting until I'm done and I'll be a happy camper

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Booking for Dec 2nd to Dec 6th goes live at 7.30 pm , no restrictions. So HiD booking, 2nd , Mate booking 3rd , I'm booking 4th and other mate booking 5th ;):LOL:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We're limited to 1 9 hole round until Sunday...expecting the email today or tomorrow saying that hoo,ing is back to 2 a week and anything free kn the day li,e many people.
Lots of space Wednesday Thursday and Friday especially the back 9.

D

Deleted member 15344

Ours is no different than before lockdown

18 holes , 4 balls , no limits on how many times you can play

Clubhouse activity undecided yet

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For those in England tier 2 and 3, what are the clubs doing regarding the bar opening? As people can’t mix indoors with other households, I can’t see it being worthwhile them opening for the one or two groups that are households (father/son, husband/wife, etc) and allowing random fourballs to have a drink (with or without a meal ) is not allowed.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
For those in England tier 2 and 3, what are the clubs doing regarding the bar opening? As people can’t mix indoors with other households, I can’t see it being worthwhile them opening for the one or two groups that are households (father/son, husband/wife, etc) and allowing random fourballs to have a drink (with or without a meal ) is not allowed.

I'm not on committee, but whilst Furlough is on. I would guess not.

D

Deleted member 15344

Our clubhouse will prob stay shut because of the restrictions- have to eat which many don’t and can only sit on your own so it won’t be financially viable I guess

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
We were in Tier 2 before and will be again.
Basically everyone has to sit individually at tables. You end up weirdly spread out, a couple of metres apart, not ideal but it's OK for a beer or two and better than nothing.

The two metres was about droplets. There is now advice about aerosol spreading indoors which is the problem. So, it's risky indoors, two metres or not.
Up to you, of course.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Ours is no different than before lockdown

18 holes , 4 balls , no limits on how many times you can play

Clubhouse activity undecided yet

Although the email last night has requested that we book no more than 3 rounds a week, and if you can play in the week to leave weekends for those that can't, due to shorter daylight hours.

Wednesday's tee slots filled up pretty quick, there are 7 slots still available this morning.

Last edited:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I have no idea what is happening at our club. Since this whole thing started it has been death by email with a constant stream of them arriving, all very "authoritarian" in their tone, which is a bit gauling considering that this is a members club.
However in the last couple of weeks we've had nothing, there's no emails, nothing on the club website nor on the ClubV1 hub. All this is a bit worrying, does it mean they were just waiting on yesterdays anouncment or are they cooking up some really stupid and complicated scheme.
I really hope it's the former.

D

Deleted member 18588

Although the email last night has requested that we book no more than 3 rounds a week, and if you can play in the week to leave weekends for those that can't, due to shorter daylight hours.

Wednesday's tee slots filled up pretty quick, there are 7 slots still available this morning.

That's very restrained of your members. Our booking system went live for Wednesday's restart at 5.30 this Wednesday and was full by 8.30.

4 balls at 9 minute intervals from 8.00 am to 2.00pm although I don't know how many holes the later starters will get in.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
The online scrum down starts at 1700 today for Wednesday – I sort of half dread it and half quite enjoy it