Golf after lockdown 2

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So officially the lockdown ends next Wednesday ( watch this space). Anyone know what your course has planned re a return to golf. Has it started taking bookings. Is it 2 ball or fourball. Is there going to be guidance from England golf, which will get guidance from Boris Or will it.
I would hope that everything re leave in flags, bunker rakes remains the same.
But what about return to golf plans.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
we can book 14 days in advance.

BRS is open for bookings and is chocca with 4 balls every day from Dec 2 onwards. There has been no communication from the club, they are obviously waiting to see what restrictions there are.

D

Deleted Member 1156

We can book 8 days in advance, I'll be booking a time for next Wednesday tomorrow evening. Then wait to see if I'll be able to use it..............

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Assuming the go ahead is given for a restart next Thursday we will probably open the BRS at 8pm this Sunday.
It'll be 1 round that week and then the books will open on the 2nd for the following week.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The longer this goes on the less bothered I am about playing golf again. Ever.

Sort of feeling the same at the moment. Not played since lockdown 1 and not missing it like I thought I would. Found other hobbies and activities to fill up my weekends and so will give it a lot of thought before I decide if I join up somewhere next April.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Had an email this morning from the owner to say they are delaying re-opening the booking portal (usually 10 days in advance) until after the governement announcement is made on sports starting up again. I believe the plan is to avoid any cancelling of bookings if, for example, they only return golf in 2 balls etc.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our club took the booking system down until after announcement normally 2 weeks in advance

It will prob be rammed when re opened when normally during week it's millionaire golf which is bit annoying ... But there u go

D

Deleted member 15344

Any decision will wait until what the government allows us to do

But I expect golf to go back to what it was pre lockdown 2 and the clubhouse will depend on the tier but we expect it to be the same as well

Booking will open up on either Thursday or Friday depending on what day it’s back open

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Par 3, as usual... I played on the last day before it and plan to play as soon as I can after it opens.

Going to get a midweek discount ticket pack so I can play any day I wish

Humpy

Visit site
BoJo has announced that outdoor sports will be allowed after lockdown. Time to blow the dust off the bats!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Outdoor gatherings, including sports, subject to the rule of six. So straight back to 4-balls on the face of it.

I will, however, wait to see what the small print says in relation to the tier system.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I missed his announcement? So is it allowed from Wednesday?
On 2 December, across all of England, regardless of tier: 6 COVID-19 WINTER PLAN a. The stay at home requirement will end, with domestic and international travel being permitted again subject to guidance in each tier. b. Shops, personal care, gyms and the wider leisure sector will reopen. c. Collective worship, weddings and outdoor sports can resume, subject to social distancing. d. People will no longer be limited to seeing only one other person in outdoor public spaces - the rule of 6 will now apply as it did in the previous set of tiers.