Golf after lockdown 2

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Is that just getting out of the habit and finding other things to do? I tend to miss it when not playing and consider chucking it when I’m playing too much :unsure:

There's a few things. I run one of the the club teams in a county competition and there have been issues sorting that. There has been problems with members exceeding their allowed number of bookings and that hasn't been well addressed in my opinion. I have been playing crap. And the whole thing is doing my head in, having to work from home and cover colleagues who are making no attempt to pul their weight. So currently there is absolutely no pleasure associated with the thought of playing golf.

It's certainly not finding other things to do as this :poop:storm has put the kibosh on all the other activities that we usually do.

Sorry for the rant and thanks for asking.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We've been specifically asked that if we can play midweek to try and do so to leave weekend slots for those who can only play at that time.
Seems to have worked OK up to now, will be more interesting with less light.
But then there will be a percentage that will have stopped for the winter so that might ease the burden a bit.

D

Deleted member 15344

Honestly.?
You tell me coz I think they're making it up as they go.
We either come out of lockdown Wednesday or Thursday....can't be both.
Good old twitter and all the golf mags etc have it now down at being able to play on the Wednesday with an MP also confirmed

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good old twitter and all the golf mags etc have it now down at being able to play on the Wednesday with an MP also confirmed

Waiting for the club to email and confirm .. ofc your right it is the 2nd but then if they choose to open on the 3rd they could that's their choice I guess

Welcome to the new stricter tiers that are much more relaxed

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'll wait for the club email. I can see an almighty scramble on Monday to book weekend slots. It was bad enough when we were open and it was running smoothly. Got a feeling it'll be a weekend of practice (which wouldn't be a bad thing). Tempted to take next Friday off and try and get a game that way

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's a few things. I run one of the the club teams in a county competition and there have been issues sorting that. There has been problems with members exceeding their allowed number of bookings and that hasn't been well addressed in my opinion. I have been playing crap. And the whole thing is doing my head in, having to work from home and cover colleagues who are making no attempt to pul their weight. So currently there is absolutely no pleasure associated with the thought of playing golf.

It's certainly not finding other things to do as this :poop:storm has put the kibosh on all the other activities that we usually do.

Sorry for the rant and thanks for asking.
Chin up mate, have a glass of something with Mrs BiM and sod everything else?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you think it's right that at my club the day golf is due to resume the first half of the day is taken up by ladies only? Like every Wednesday. Surely they could bin that off for the first week

D

Deleted member 15344

Do you think it's right that at my club the day golf is due to resume the first half of the day is taken up by ladies only? Like every Wednesday. Surely they could bin that off for the first week
You would expect them to open up for all and not have dedicated days but reality doesn’t work that way

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

And if the restart day had happened to be a Saturday when the men's comps are scheduled?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The weekend scramble won’t happen at ours. They’ve simply rescheduled Winter League so every weekend until mid January is taken care of.

Now, all I need to do is try and find a space on the range next Wednesday evening..........