GM National Comp - Race to Hillside 2015 - Rules and Format

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1 - Every regional qualifier will have a minimum of 1 winner going forward to the final, meets of 30 people will see first and second go through to the final and where there is 45 entrant there will be first, second and third. At this stage there will be NO scratch competition. If a winner cannot make the final his place will be offered to the person finishing second and so on.

2 - The format will be full handicap stableford from the tee of the day or the tee decided by the regional organiser, this is not up for debate. Ladies will play from the ladies tee.

3 - You can enter as many events as you like, each event requires a £10 entry fee however you can attend any meet you like without entering the overall comp. The more entrants we have the better the prize at the final.

4 - Each regional qualifier to the final at Hillside will have there green fee paid and where funds allow some money towards travel expenses, this will ultimately be governed by the amount of comp entries we have.

5 - The competition is open to forum members only

6 - The final will be played at Hillside Golf Club on Thursday May 21st with a first tee of 2pm, the final day is booked for 40 people and places will be offered once the final qualifiers are known, the cost for the day will be £75

**Can a mod please make this a sticky until the comp is over?**

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Martin, I care little for the 't&c's' but quite clearly understand the whys and what nots. Like many others, a day out on a fine course in good company is ultimately what it's all about.

Simply, fair play for taking ahold of this and to Drive4show for getting it going. It's got 'beltin' event' written all over it and I have no doubt it will be a great success once again.

Ive a bottle of decent malt (I think!) to donate to the finals prize pool so when we next meet, I'll pass it over.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Martin, I care little for the 't&c's' but quite clearly understand the whys and what nots. Like many others, a day out on a fine course in good company is ultimately what it's all about.

Simply, fair play for taking ahold of this and to Drive4show for getting it going. It's got 'beltin' event' written all over it and I have no doubt it will be a great success once again.

Ive a bottle of decent malt (I think!) to donate to the finals prize pool so when we next meet, I'll pass it over.

Very kind, cheers bud

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

What he said.:thup:

I've got a packed of malted milk biscuits, you can have halve of them as a prize, if you want...

D

Deleted member 17920

Dont need to ask where the other half went, eh....
He has still licked them and taken all the flavour out of them :eek:

Great work Val for keeping this on track and sorting and to Drive4Show for getting this all up and running this year :thup:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Shame there is no scratch competition, devalues the event IMHO. :(

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shame there is no scratch competition, devalues the event IMHO. :(

Bottom line Gordon is we can't afford it, 8 HC winners and 8 Scratch winners = 16 x £75 winners green fee = £1200 or 120 people entering, and thats before a prize for the overall winner on the day.

Tough ask IMO.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Guys best if discussions are kept to a minimum otherwise details get missed amongst the rubbish posts
can we keep this thread for actual comments about the event ONLY
Thread tidied accordingly

Thanks

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably too late for this year, but may be worth considering for next year. There seems to be a significant number of forummers signed up to qualifying events who are not paying a £10 entry fee. There are various reasons for this - no official handicap, not available for final, too far to travel for final etc etc.. Why not ask them to contribute to the overall costs of the event to the tune, say, of a fiver?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Might be me. I don't mind if Val wants to keep the funds as a donation to the finals and not calling Nairn a qualifier.