Abandoned Comp

CountLippe

Visit site
Well I had to play in brutal conditions where the greens were flooding and as a result my handicap has gone up. Whereas those who teed off 20 minutes after me get there scores wiped.

Just seems unfair that one counts and the other doesn’t, I’m not that bothered just trying to understand the rules.
Was the course shut, or just the comp abandoned? If the course is open and you signed for a completed round of golf you can’t complain
It always confuses me that a comp can be cancelled yet the course remain open. Golf’s an outdoor game, adapt to the conditions. Golf not fair either.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the round is cancelled, then it doesnt exist at all. It is not a dq, or nr. It simply no longer exists under the rules of golf. Scores for hc surely have to be first, wccording to the rules of golf. The critical point is that the course was unplayable, therefore the scores is invalid even as a hc score, as well as as a competition score. WHS assumes a playable course according to the rules of golf, and to its CR and Slope.
The course was playable , we came off because of lightning at first (klaxon sounded), before the conditions became unplayable.

I think from what I read and heard here that it counts for HC for all those that completed 10 holes or more.

We need to decide about the comp , options are a) cancel it completely and reschedule if possible b) resume play on another day for the 8 remaining groups c) allow the result to stand as it is ( need to check that 50% of the field completed).

It also depends what is written in our competition rules, we can't just create a new rule now. I've asked the question.