GM Centenary Society...golf days...bag tag...ballmarker...etc

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all
Just an early heads up on a selection of the Centenary Society activity this year.
You'll get full details of how to join the Centenary Society (it's FREE) in the March coverdated issue that'll be out at the end of January but to whet your appetite...

Centenary Society golf days
We are putting on 6 regional qualifiers at some excellent tracks and have negotiated some really great value rates that are signifiant reduction of the usual green fee. Included in the entry prices below are coffee and bacon roll on arrival, 3 course meal after golf, top quality prizes and eqiupment testing opportunities with Cleveland/Srixon.
There's a maximum field of 60 at each day and 4 players from each day will qualify for the Grand Final at Forest Of Arden in October. Those who qualifiy for the final get complimentary overnight accomodation (B&B basis), courtesy of the course for the final and 3 course meal after golf plus some great prizes.
Regional Qualifiers
South East - Hanbury Manor - Tuesday April 5 - Entry fee £60
North East - Hollins Hall - Thursday May 19 - Entry fee £40
Scotland - Dalmahoy - Tuesday June 7 - Entry fee £45
North West - Worsley Park - Thursday July 21 - Entry fee £40
Midlands - Breadsall Priory - Wednesday July 27 - Entry fee £40
Wales & The West - St Pierre - Thursday August 2 - Entry fee £45
Grand Final
Forest of Arden - 13 October - FREE TO QUALIFIERS

Centenary Society bag tags
I know many of you have asked for GM bag tags in the past so the first 5,000 to sign up for the Society will get one.
GMbagtag.jpg

GM Centenary ballmarker
We are giving away a top quality commemorative GM Centenary ballmarker with the Centenary special issue of the magazine that'll be on sale the end of May.
ballmarker.jpg

GM Centenary merchandise
We are doing a very limited run (100 each) of special GM Centenary merchandise crested with our centenary logo.
Centenarylogo.jpg

The range is all really high quality but we're going to keep it as affordable as possible. The includes polo shirts, sweaters, lightweight carry bags, valuables bags, umbrellas, putter head covers, pom-pom driver/3 wood head covers, bag towels and some more items I have forgotten!

Hope that gets you in the mood!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorely tempted here but I have booked a lot of holiday in the early part of this year so I need a little time to think about it.

Closest is Hanbury Manor at bout 100 miles from me so looks good for a day trip there and back as its all motorway (and some of the A10.. ooh exciting!)

Even though Im a new member of the forum I have been a golf monthly reader for about 8 years on and off. Even when golf was not my main sport I still bought a golf monthly to get me through a long plane journey or a long train ride.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi Brendy
as we arranged all the days with Marriott so as to get the best discounts on cost and as they dont have any venues in Ireland then I'm afriad we couldnt organise one. However I really hope we'll be able to support any Irish forum day that gets arranged this year. Is there any more update on a date/venue?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I am going to be phoning around this week now xmas etc is out of the way, ok to keep you updated? Looking like Ballyliffin though.

edit: sorry spelt Ballyliffin wrong. oops.