Race to Hillside Final - Thursday May 21st

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At least coming last in a small field of those eligible to win the main event won't feel so bad

Homer, you really are a glass almost empty type of guy. How about a bit of confidence in your golf, after all you have already won a qualifier so have just as much chance as everyone else.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will get the money over to you presently Val less the £10 I'd paid for the Seaton Q that didn't happen... cheers

PS.... Is this likely to open up for mates?.... if so when??

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Will get the money over to you presently Val less the £10 I'd paid for the Seaton Q that didn't happen... cheers

PS.... Is this likely to open up for mates?.... if so when??

Dave, give it a week and i'll see the uptake but im sure we'll be able to accomodate.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Beware....its'a very very long day, and ironically there is a current thread running about slow play. I was going to walk off last year at the 9th it was soooooooo slow, and had it rained I would have.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Beware....its'a very very long day, and ironically there is a current thread running about slow play. I was going to walk off last year at the 9th it was soooooooo slow, and had it rained I would have.

Theres no reason why it would be identically the same this year is there?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would say it was fairly abnormal conditions last year. There is no reason not to play a cracking course if you can make it, it's well worth the trip. Disappointed to be missing out this year.

I had bought a tin hat too....... :D

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Thanks, this is exactly the encouragement the day needs when we are struggling for numbers.

What did you think of the course?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Shocked!

A tough, Open Qualifier course being played by visitors in tough weather conditions took a long time to get round.*slapped head smiley*

I guess its not a 5,500yd Muni then?:eek:

Having caddied around it in final Open Qualifiers, with single file fairways and knee high grass, I can't wait.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Val, is this open to mates yet? As I may have 2 or 3 interested. Or have I missed another thread somewhere?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes mate, fill your boots but let me know and have me paid by Thursday this week if you can

Is Thursday the cut off then Val? I'm tempted but want to see how work and the weather are panning out. Maybe if you don't fill a four ball I could jump on last min?

Cheers mate

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks, this is exactly the encouragement the day needs when we are struggling for numbers.

What did you think of the course?

Sorry but it was. Cost is a bit steep this year too. The course? T'was ok. Fast smooth greens. Loved the boob hole. The dog leg right hole with the pond was a bit deceiving. Great company!

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry but it was. Cost is a bit steep this year too. The course? T'was ok. Fast smooth greens. Loved the boob hole. The dog leg right hole with the pond was a bit deceiving. Great company![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

The cost is £40 less than standard green fee and less than we paid for GM day 2 years ago!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Val, Just sent £150 by PayPal for 2 mates..... I believe I'm already paid up, OK? Have you got many 'social players' for the event?

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No I was in the middle of the fairway diving for cover, not quite as much as Simon though!

I didn't mean you, I too was readying another 'duck'. I meant the poster you quoted.

Still can't believe that to this day. What was the hole again, about 330 yrds?

Anyway, I shouldn't go off topic in this thread!