Gleddoch Golf Club

stirry

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi.. I was wondering if any of the Scottish contingent have recently played Gleddoch Golf Course.

I am thinking of joining up next year , I am currently a member at Erskine , however this season on competition days it has taken anything between 4 to 5 1/2 hours to play a 2 ball.

With having a young family , taking 5 hours out of my Saturday to play Golf is just too much.

On speaking with Gleddoch and speaking with some people they have invested money on the course and the course is in better condition.

They are also doing a deal just now of £650 for September 2017 to April 2019. Pay £100 deposit , £275 on 1st March and £275 in September.

Thanks
Graham

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Gleddoch has been taken over and they are promising investment in the course.

However my experience of Gleddoch is that its always wet. Even in the summer it is wet. At this time of year you'll need your wellington boots!

Personally I'd stay at Erskine as I believe its overall a far better course. Kilmacolm is an option as its shorter and quicker plus its a beautiful course however it does have a joining fee. Is Mar Hall out of the equation as you can play both 9's and finish back at the car park/clubhouse plus it has decent practice facilities and is never overly busy.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Might be worth checking out what times hotel guests have access to the course on Saturdays as that could lead to some slow rounds. Would somewhere like Renfrew or Port Glasgow not be a better option?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Might be worth checking out what times hotel guests have access to the course on Saturdays as that could lead to some slow rounds. Would somewhere like Renfrew or Port Glasgow not be a better option?

Not sure when you last played Renfrew but its an absolute dump now. I'd guess after last night's rain coupled with tidal surges up the Clyde that at least 6 holes will be under water. Port Glasgow is a decent enough track but again I believe its also really strugglibg financially.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not sure when you last played Renfrew but its an absolute dump now. I'd guess after last night's rain coupled with tidal surges up the Clyde that at least 6 holes will be under water. Port Glasgow is a decent enough track but again I believe its also really strugglibg financially.

Not played Renfrew for years, shame to hear it's gone downhill as it was a decent test. At least Port Glasgow should be above the tidal surge :D

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haven’t played gleddoch in years but I always thought erskine was much better.

Not great that the play has got so slow there but remember to factor in travel time to some of the suggested courses, at least erskine is on your doorstep.

stirry

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys, yeah Renfrew is very poor these days, I have few friends that have left this season due to being unplayable.

Mar Hall again can be a nightmare on Saturdays as well if you go out after 12:00, can be a 5 hour round.

I might just have to stay at Erskine.

Cheers

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys, yeah Renfrew is very poor these days, I have few friends that have left this season due to being unplayable.

Mar Hall again can be a nightmare on Saturdays as well if you go out after 12:00, can be a 5 hour round.

I might just have to stay at Erskine.

Cheers

Not really a bad option to be fair. Its a good course usually in good condition. I enjoy it apart from the 1st & 5th. Hate them both with a passion!

stirry

Medal Winner
Visit site
Cheers Jacko, been a member for 4 years. Its always in great condition, I know a lot of the members have complained about the course being a bit boring and lack of par 3 & par 5' s holes.

Dont actually mind the 1st & the 5th Holes, I hate the 16th, think it should be a par 5.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not really a bad option to be fair. Its a good course usually in good condition. I enjoy it apart from the 1st & 5th. Hate them both with a passion!

Funny, I know someone else who thinks that too!

I agree about the 5th but I don't mind the 1st as a gentle start to the round.