Low cost links course with 2 hours of the midlands

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Update on this, we bit the bullet and travelled a bit further, stopped in Aberystwyth and played Aberystwyth on Saturday and Borth Sunday last weekend.

Had a cracking weekend. Whilst probably not top notch courses and only borth being a links, we loved them both. Aberystwyth is up on the cliffs/hills behind the town, views were absolutely stunning, weather helps of course but we could’ve been fooled into thinking we were on a course in the Spanish mountains. Borth was much more difficult being on the sea front, lost 2 balls across the road within a couple of holes. Lovely playing amongst sand dunes and within yards of the beach.

Would highly recommend them if you want a budget weekend away. Borth cost £40, aber was £35, b&b was approx £40 pp sharing, so well within budget. And stopping in town meant we could have a few beers and food afterwards without getting taxis.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I get the impression that Fleetwood don't care for visitors very much.

I'm organising a trip to the west coast for September and wanted to play Fleetwood, but no visitors Wednesdays, and the morning and afternoon slots that they have available for visitors overlap so that it is impossible to play 36 holes in a day. You can't get the first round finished in time to start the afternoon one.
Guys at Fleetwood when I played where amazing and friendly. As Crow said best to call them. Course is decent as well, there winter pairs opens really good value.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Borth is crackers!😁 Wonderfully crackers.

Stand on the 2nd tee and think, "eeek!"
Exactly that. We played a pairs scramble, PP tees off, sliced over the road. I follow suit. He then slices his next one in exactly the same place, so I had to just tap a hybrid down to avoid us being 5 off the tee!

I think it’s the 17th that comes back down the same bit but over the road. He sliced his drive into the road again, luckily I didn’t. We picked his ball up in the car on the way home! 🤣

Thankfully the road wasn’t too busy, but the 2nd is so narrow it gets into your head. Great course though, very enjoyable.