Garmin Vivoactive 3 auto shot tracking a bit hit and miss, anyone else have this watch?

AdamW

Visit site
Having issues with the watch not always auto recording the golf swing for the auto shot tracking.

Just wondering if anyone has the same watch with the same issue? Or even any other Garmin watch which has the same issue with auto shot tracking?

• I am on latest software 5.40
  • Watch is on my lead hand (left) right handed golfer

The only other thing i can think to try is wearing the watch on my other hand

sussexhacker

Visit site
Mine seems to miss every tee shot and picks up little chips around the green which means when I’m halfway down the next fairway it still thinks I’m heading to my chip meaning i think I’ve driven it 490 yards

AdamW

Visit site
Mine seems to miss every tee shot and picks up little chips around the green which means when I’m halfway down the next fairway it still thinks I’m heading to my chip meaning i think I’ve driven it 490 yards

Exact same issue.

The first round i did worked 90% of the time for tee shots.

Second round most of the tee shots were missing.

From research it sounds as though the watch is detecting the impact with the ground / ball rather than the swing motion itself.

Which makes sense as it never registers practice swings

AdamW

Visit site
I tried that last time though
Hit my drive then practice swing with iron into the floor and still nothing

Let me know if you hear back from support please would be appreciated.

All i got from live chat is try putting the watch on the other hand which i will try on Sat

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
I had a problem initially, watch worn on left hand (play golf right handed) my hand kept hitting the button during the swing which stopped it recording shots.
I changed it around so the button was on my arm side and it seems to have done the trick.
Sometimes still misses tee shots as it is still on the previous hole when teeing off (probably due to winter forward tees). If I remember to swipe to the next hole before teeing off it seems fine

AdamW

Visit site
I had a problem initially, watch worn on left hand (play golf right handed) my hand kept hitting the button during the swing which stopped it recording shots.
I changed it around so the button was on my arm side and it seems to have done the trick.
Sometimes still misses tee shots as it is still on the previous hole when teeing off (probably due to winter forward tees). If I remember to swipe to the next hole before teeing off it seems fine

Bet that’s what I am doing as I catch the button a lot on the driving range !

If you put the button in your arm side it make the display upside down though ?

sussexhacker

Visit site
Can anyone who has it let me know the software version?
I’ve got through to the customer service email but they want the software version and I don’t have it with me

Springveldt

Visit site
I've had the X40 Approach for a couple of year now and it's pretty good at picking up shots. It probably only misses 1 every 5 rounds or so. I usually just need to tap the screen after a full shot as it has the right club selected 99% of the time as well.

AdamW

Visit site
I've had the X40 Approach for a couple of year now and it's pretty good at picking up shots. It probably only misses 1 every 5 rounds or so. I usually just need to tap the screen after a full shot as it has the right club selected 99% of the time as well.

Does the X40 suggest a club to use?

Springveldt

Visit site
Does the X40 suggest a club to use?
It doesn't suggest which club to use but after you hit it will have the club it thinks you hit. Since I've been using it for a couple of years it's got my distances pretty much nailed and unless it's really windy then it's normally right.

sussexhacker

Visit site
No they’re useless I don’t think they understand what I’m saying at all.
All they’ve said so far is reset to default settings and wear it on lead wrist

AdamW

Visit site
No they’re useless I don’t think they understand what I’m saying at all.
All they’ve said so far is reset to default settings and wear it on lead wrist

I have just got an update 5.50 today and going golf later so hopefully works a bit better will report back

sussexhacker

Visit site
I went yesterday not sure if it updated itself but it was much better than usual

But it’s got a new habit of not picking up gps for a while and needing a restart