Shotscope V3 anyone got a presale discount link? Really disappointed in my Garmin so want to send it back and get on these.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Just reviewed this morning's round and, as usual, the v3 has detected every shot...... and, sadly, there were more of them than I've taken in one round for years!!! :eek::cry::ROFLMAO:
Its missed 36 shot in the last two rounds for me, how many practice swings do you take, I think that's were its failing for me

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Used my V3 for the second time this week - only 9 holes each time. The first 9 holes it missed quite a lot. Certainly far more than my V2 missed. On the second nine hole game it only missed a shot or two away from the green but missed quite a lot of putts. I almost never take practice swings on or off the green btw.

Overall, much much more impressed with the V3 as a golf watch (better looking watch, more comfortable, much better battery, more hole info), but the V2 was a more reliable tracker (so far anyway). Will be sticking with the V3 tho.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
One (usually just a loose waft of the club rather than a rehearsal for a shot) or none. The only shots it's ever missed are a couple when I've been chopping out of thick rough.

Thinking about my preshot routine, I'll pick a club, pull it from the bag, swish it, stand behind the ball to pick a target and then play. But I will hold the club in my left hand (watch hand) from then moment it comes out the bag. Maybe you don't keep it in proximity to the watch for as long as me?
Playing tomorrow il try exactly that cheers

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I'll give the extra swing and try use my letter hand, as I write this I'm thinking is it worth changing my whole shot routine for basic stats, cheers mate I will try it if its just the same I'm giving up

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Shotscope V3 is being released soon and for anyone who purchased a V2 there was an email sent out which offers the V3 at £159. Would anyone who has this link be willing to me it so i can preorder please?

Vivoactive 4 has been really disappointing:

1. Not always detecting chips around the green which ends up with club performance stats being really out of wack. So for example you hit your 9 iron 130 years and do a 20 yard chip onto the green. If the chip is not detected it ends up making your 9 iron 150 yards in the club performance stats
  2. Not tracking a lot of the clubs off the fairway and tee box.
  3. Not prompting to enter your score as you walk onto the green or next tee box. You have to do 3-4 clicks to enter your score manually which is not ideal when trying to keep up pace of play.
  4. Lack of decent data in the Garmin golf app

I could buy the ct10 sensors for the Garmin but at £260 they are having a laugh. I think if you are using clubs to chip onto the green it will also push down the average club performance as the tag will auto register that club and how far you hit it. The shotscope has a P-AVG to get around this.

Here are a few details i have found on the shotscope V3

ptnvbaz37j451.jpg

screenshot-20200530-203515.png

What is everyone's thoughts?

If you were not using the Vivoactive to record golf strokes, just using the GPS function on the course to and the other fitness features, how does it fare then?

Jonnoj

Visit site
I've just bought a V3 and its a bit of a nightmare so far. Missed about 10 shots in my last round. I've emailed them to see if I can return it, just can't be arsed paying that money to spend 30mins after each round trying to remember each individual shot.
Anyone have any tips as to why its so poor?
Does it just get better with time? I've used it three times so far, play about once a week.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just bought a V3 and its a bit of a nightmare so far. Missed about 10 shots in my last round. I've emailed them to see if I can return it, just can't be arsed paying that money to spend 30mins after each round trying to remember each individual shot.
Anyone have any tips as to why its so poor?
Does it just get better with time? I've used it three times so far, play about once a week.
It's been a bit hit and miss for me, yesterday I had beter results and I'll be playing tomorrow and I'll try it again, I think you need to spend around 15/20 seconds with the club n your left hand whether it's a practice swing or not for it to get a good read on the tag

Last edited:

Jonnoj

Visit site
It's been a bit hit and miss for me, yesterday I had beter results and I'll be playing tomorrow and I'll try it again, I think you need to spend around 15/20 seconds with the club n your left hand whether it's a practice swing or not for it to get a good read on the tag
Thanks I'll give that a try.

YandaB

Visit site
I've just had an update of the firmware on mine which is supposed to detect clubs from furhter away than before making it more likely to pick up every shot. Be interested to see how everyone gets on with this.

It also has another feature that tells you what the last club was that it picked up, not really sure how useful that will be.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Like the sound of the new features now I can quickly check if i have a read or not rather than waiting untill the end of the round

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Doesn't tend to miss shots for me other than sometimes hacking out of thick rough.

If when hacking out of the rough you only advance the ball a couple of yards or so it is highly likely that the ShotScope software is interpreting that you have made multiple swings from the same location and deciding that several were practise swings and one was the actual swing. Used to happen to me with multiple shots played from the same bunker.

YandaB

Visit site
Like the sound of the new features now I can quickly check if i have a read or not rather than waiting untill the end of the round
I popped out for 9 this evening and it captured every shot :) though there were too many for my liking!. Not sure that I like the display that shows what club as the font is too small for my ageing eyes :-(

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I tried the V3 following the firmware update. I liked the indicator for the club as it showed confirmation of the club detection. They have improved the club detection range so seems to sort out the issues that many have found.
I'm sure it will satisfy many

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well they've saved themselves with me with the new firmware update. I was going to back mine as it was missing 15 shots a round despite me changing my pre shot routine to include practice swings close to the ball as they suggested for better detection. Also had issues with it mis-identifying clubs and crashing while editing.

Played nine tonight and it never missed a shot, a waggle or half swing within six feet of the ball was enough for it to pick up and display the correct club on the screen and as a result editing only took a few minutes to make sure pin position was roughly correct.

Jonnoj

Visit site
Well they've saved themselves with me with the new firmware update. I was going to back mine as it was missing 15 shots a round despite me changing my pre shot routine to include practice swings close to the ball as they suggested for better detection. Also had issues with it mis-identifying clubs and crashing while editing.

Played nine tonight and it never missed a shot, a waggle or half swing within six feet of the ball was enough for it to pick up and display the correct club on the screen and as a result editing only took a few minutes to make sure pin position was roughly correct.
Good that sounds great, I'll try it this weekend!

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Almost perfect today missed a second bunker shot (expected) and it has me as a 7 on our 7th but I hit a 5 and there is only 5 strokes on that hole showing on the app so not sure what theat is about, really like update that shows the club you used for the previous shot
Oh and it missed a hybrid shot showed on the watch hit not on the app