Shotscope V3 anyone got a presale discount link? Really disappointed in my Garmin so want to send it back and get on these.

AdamW

Visit site
Shotscope V3 is being released soon and for anyone who purchased a V2 there was an email sent out which offers the V3 at £159. Would anyone who has this link be willing to me it so i can preorder please?

Vivoactive 4 has been really disappointing:

1. Not always detecting chips around the green which ends up with club performance stats being really out of wack. So for example you hit your 9 iron 130 years and do a 20 yard chip onto the green. If the chip is not detected it ends up making your 9 iron 150 yards in the club performance stats
  2. Not tracking a lot of the clubs off the fairway and tee box.
  3. Not prompting to enter your score as you walk onto the green or next tee box. You have to do 3-4 clicks to enter your score manually which is not ideal when trying to keep up pace of play.
  4. Lack of decent data in the Garmin golf app

I could buy the ct10 sensors for the Garmin but at £260 they are having a laugh. I think if you are using clubs to chip onto the green it will also push down the average club performance as the tag will auto register that club and how far you hit it. The shotscope has a P-AVG to get around this.

Here are a few details i have found on the shotscope V3

ptnvbaz37j451.jpg

screenshot-20200530-203515.png

What is everyone's thoughts?

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Also shot scope v2 was a bit lucky in picking up small chip shots. The new v3 has newer tags so hopefully they help. They also recommend take a few practice swings as this helps the tag detect the shot.

AdamW

Visit site
Also shot scope v2 was a bit lucky in picking up small chip shots. The new v3 has newer tags so hopefully they help. They also recommend take a few practice swings as this helps the tag detect the shot.

Where have you seen the info on the sensors being different?

Post 46 on this thread suggests the sensors are the same? https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1806071/shot-scope-v3/p2

Disappointing to hear some chip shots were not being detected on v2 especially with having a dedicated sensors on the clubs

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cant remember where I read it it said you can use the old sensors, but they never o as have been changed slightly.

As for chip shots itbonlys missed the odd one where you hardly hit the ball, I.e. small shots with very little back swing

Where have you seen the info on the sensors being different?

Post 46 on this thread suggests the sensors are the same? https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1806071/shot-scope-v3/p2

Disappointing to hear some chip shots were not being detected on v2 especially with having a dedicated sensors on the clubs
I seen a post on golf WRX I think where thet

AdamW

Visit site
Cant remember where I read it it said you can use the old sensors, but they never o as have been changed slightly.

As for chip shots itbonlys missed the odd one where you hardly hit the ball, I.e. small shots with very little back swing

I seen a post on golf WRX I think where thet

Thanks for info !

Do you use a shotscope V2 at the moment? Would you recommend it for helping to find out areas of your game to improve and to show if you are improving?

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I did for a while and loved the data. Hated the watch it was far too big. So upgrade to v3 as the watch looks better.

Have the garmin s60 at the moment and the data tracking is poor in relation to shot scope.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
There is no specific link or code for the discount....ShotScope use your email address to determine if you were a previous customer.

As has been suggested...drop them a line telling them you are a really keen potential customer...cant do any harm.

Bert

Club Champion
Visit site
Does anyone know when V3 is available? Keen on getting this as I’m currently an Arccos user but sceptical about club distances and putting distances, flag locations etc (it might be me so any advice on this would be appreciated)

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I sold arccos and am back using shotscope, arccos is a lot beter system never missed a shot cant justify the yearly sub of £100 for caddy that I dont use or want, shot scope I'm having to edit almost 10 shots per round on my last 3 rounds, stats are not as in depth either, thinking of selling it to be honest

AdamW

Visit site
I sold arccos and am back using shotscope, arccos is a lot beter system never missed a shot cant justify the yearly sub of £100 for caddy that I dont use or want, shot scope I'm having to edit almost 10 shots per round on my last 3 rounds, stats are not as in depth either, thinking of selling it to be honest

What type of shots is it not tracking?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Not one type in particular, but some chips and puts, its if I grip down the watch wont read the tag, both need to be in close proximity to get a read, it's a good system close second to arccos imo

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got my v3 in today, watch is a big improvement . Will give it a test run at the weekend.

When I used my v3 it picked up most of my shots. It missed the odd small chip shot. Support have said to take a few practice swings before hitting and this should help detection.

MC72

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Received a shotscope V3 yesterday and tried it for the first time. Based on comments above I made a definite increased number of practice swings before each shot to ensure the club was detected by the watch - but there were still quite a lot of shots missed. Lots of time needed to modify,edit and correct post round. System seems a bit clunky, and although using the data in the app/desktop is good, it becomes less attractive if that data is either incorrect or needs a lot of editing after each round. I think I’ll be returning mine and waiting to see if they can put together a much improved version.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
I personally think that its unrealistic to expect this technology to pick up everything perfectly. IMHO users should expect to do some editing post round to tidy up.

Perhaps Shotscope (all of them for that matter! Garmin et al) need to manage expectations better, however this conflicts with marketing and ultimately sales. Hey ho.

Edit: I have the V3, its better than the V2. Minor gripes are that it seems to take a while to pick up satellites. I don't mind going through my round later, sat in front of laptop and editing slightly. I'm usually doing it in my head anyway!

bradleywedge

Visit site
I have just switched to the V3. Agree with the other posters, it does miss shots, but very easy to use. I just keep forgetting to press the pin position button after my putts.