Shotscope V3 anyone got a presale discount link? Really disappointed in my Garmin so want to send it back and get on these.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Been using the v3 for 6 rounds and it will miss an average of 15-20 shots, the v2 worked a whole lot better, I'm also considering sending it back

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've used mine for the best part of a month. Initially, it missed 5 shots a round but that has decreased to approx 1 or 2. I accept that it will not get every one as GPS can be weak. I'm quite happy to add the shots. It seems a small job to get the detail I want.

MC72

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been using the v3 for 6 rounds and it will miss an average of 15-20 shots, the v2 worked a whole lot better, I'm also considering sending it back

Hi Chris,

it’s missing too many shots for me. I played with a guy last week who had the garmin system and when took his 6 iron out his watch displayed max/min and average distances for that club. He felt that was useful to him when he was in between clubs.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This is where my enthusiasm starts to wane for products like the V3.
I want a system like this to not miss any shots......and the gps to show me where I was.
Because if it misses one shot, or the gps puts you out of position then, surely, you have to go through and check every single shot...otherwise how do you know the data is remotely accurate?
Now I'll concede that it's asking a lot for these units to pick up every single shot but I want to spend 20-30 minutes analysing the data not going through every shot hoping that my memory is up to scratch...
Maybe the technical advances that should be made by the time the V4 comes out may change my mind but, for now, I'm going to give these a miss.

Av-it

Visit site
Had the V2, upgraded to V3.
V3 is a better watch and a touch of colour is nice.
I've sold it on as I was spending ages having to go through the editing to get the watch to match my actual score.
Another reality is for my standard there's probably too much data and I don't fully understand what it all means!
Just got the Garmin S40 so I'll see how that goes.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
When I had the ShotScope v2 I found that it would miss one or two shots a round maximum. It also had trouble when you played multiple shots from virtually the same location...eg. when failing to get out of the bunker....it would only count the one shot....but thats no surprise when you understand how the system operates and its logic for determining if an actual shot has been played.

I've used both versions of ShotScope and Game Golf and the Microsoft MyRound Pro system in the past...in every case the round needed editing afterwards, just mainly to fine tune the location of some shots....all of the systems had a small location error that often placed your shot 4 or 5 yards away from where it took place....this was especially noticeable on tee shots (as you know pretty much exactly where you were on the tee any error is immediately obvious...unlike when on the vague swathe of wide open fairway. Other editing would be needed when the various systems interpreted your shot as being off the fairway when in fact you were a couple of yards on the short stuff....it wasnt the fact that the location was wrong...it was just that it interpreted the lie (based on the imagery) as being different from what it was.

I always hankered after the Arccos system but never took the plunge due to its reliance on having a phone in your pocket (I don't like anything in my pockets other than some rabbit droppings, and a pitchmark repairer)....now that they've got the link device that clips on your pocket/belt my interest has been raised again but I cant help but think back to the early Game Golf days when my fat gut kept pushing the clip on shot logger off my belt.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It was an issue as far back as the Game Golf although a lot of those issues were down to me not tagging. I do think the GPS and stats market will take off completely in the next few years and as it does I think reliability and not missing any shots will improve.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Better results today front 9 I was 43 shot scope score 43, back 9 it missed 7 shots 3 bunkers and a couple of chips, V2 wouldnt miss any unless I hit 2 shot from the same location in quick concession, the issue with the v3 is it's not waking up quick enough to tag the shot so you need to spend more time doing practice swings I do one maybe 2 then hit, if I have to do 4/5 then I'm not prepared to change my full shot routine for stats

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
It was an issue as far back as the Game Golf although a lot of those issues were down to me not tagging. I do think the GPS and stats market will take off completely in the next few years and as it does I think reliability and not missing any shots will improve.
Arccos is 100% no missed shot at all you need your phone but for me is the better of all the systems £99 per year tho

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Arccos is 100% no missed shot at all you need your phone but for me is the better of all the systems £99 per year tho

Not a fan of these systems that rely on the phone as well. Again, I think as technology progresses it'll move away from this too. Not sure I'd want to pay an annual charge either (which is why I moved away from Sky Caddie)

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm the same one practice swing and hit,
No I grip quite high up and it's on my left wrist right handed golfer, I came from v2 so no how to use it it's just not picking up shots as successfully as the v2 for me anyway

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Chris,

it’s missing too many shots for me. I played with a guy last week who had the garmin system and when took his 6 iron out his watch displayed max/min and average distances for that club. He felt that was useful to him when he was in between clubs.
Same for me I just assumed it would be as good or better than the v2 I'm going to give it one more round if it's still more of the same it's going back

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Frustrating!

I used to have game golf and one of the downsides was forgetting to tag so have been loving shot scope just picking up the shots automatically.
Yeah I liked gg the tagging ended up just part of my shot routine fairly quickly, I beta tested the pro worked great for one round then the battery in the tags would run out, and be useless, iv went through them all except the garmin, and arccos is hands down the better on them all,

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah I liked gg the tagging ended up just part of my shot routine fairly quickly, I beta tested the pro worked great for one round then the battery in the tags would run out, and be useless, iv went through them all except the garmin, and arccos is hands down the better on them all,
I had arccos and hated it, missed at least 10 shots every round, would not detect small chip shots and required editing for put tracking and hated my phone in my pocket.. I am on my tenth round with v3 and its missed maybe 3 shots in total over those rounds. I have read another update is on the way to try to sort out the missed shots for some users.

mteam

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thats really dissapointing with the V3 @casuk. I have the v2 and think its great very rarely misses any shots for me and its not often I take a practise swing. I do sometimes forgot to tag the hole position

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I had arccos and hated it, missed at least 10 shots every round, would not detect small chip shots and required editing for put tracking and hated my phone in my pocket.. I am on my tenth round with v3 and its missed maybe 3 shots in total over those rounds. I have read another update is on the way to try to sort out the missed shots for some users.
A lot would agree with you, for me it worked better than the others I used,
I really want shotscope to work for me and today's round was a lot better then the previous, I'm still willing to give it a chance bit not for long, yes there is a couple of updates coming in the next few weeks,

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Thats really dissapointing with the V3 @casuk. I have the v2 and think its great very rarely misses any shots for me and its not often I take a practise swing. I do sometimes forgot to tag the hole position
The v2 was brilliant at shot detection the watch was a bit bulky but not that bad, battery was terrible, you get a lot for your money with shot scope