Gamers

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Again, a lot of this still remains but the game play is quite different now. They do all sorts of promotions - Team of the week, Team of the Year, Icons, Winter Wildcards, Thunderstruck, Team of the group stage, centurions - it goes on and on!

Pace is still a massive factor but players like Kane muscle round players better than they used to.
Decent. The latest one I have is actually Fifa 22 because they gave it away for free on PlayStation Plus one time. But I stayed away from UT and just stick the offline career mode on once in a blue moon. The last one I actually paid for was 19 or 20 I think.

My other issue now is that the CD drive on my PS4 no longer works, so I can't pick up a game cheap online, I can only download them in PS Store. :LOL: So while it's still £60 or whatever on there I definitely won't be getting it.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Decent. The latest one I have is actually Fifa 22 because they gave it away for free on PlayStation Plus one time. But I stayed away from UT and just stick the offline career mode on once in a blue moon. The last one I actually paid for was 19 or 20 I think.

My other issue now is that the CD drive on my PS4 no longer works, so I can't pick up a game cheap online, I can only download them in PS Store. :LOL: So while it's still £60 or whatever on there I definitely won't be getting it.

Can you not buy codes to claim from CD keys?

I was doing the same in previous years, only gone back to ultimate team this year for something new and really enjoying it.... but I have just packed one of the best 2 strikers on the game so :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you not buy codes to claim from CD keys?

I was doing the same in previous years, only gone back to ultimate team this year for something new and really enjoying it.... but I have just packed one of the best 2 strikers on the game so :ROFLMAO:
I do find it odd that they women players in amongst the men players now tbh. Not very realistic, and surely it's impossible to rate them accurately? So they have Sam Kerr rated 90 - that makes sense on a scale of only women players, but they are effectively saying she's equally as good as Kane and Lewandowski. I'm not sure it works.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Just bought my youngest a Nintendo Switch OLED for his birthday, but looks like it’s going to turn into a family gaming machine as it hooks up to the TV as well as hand held.
Ordered another couple of controllers so can play 4 player games.
Any game recommendations 😀

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just bought my youngest a Nintendo Switch OLED for his birthday, but looks like it’s going to turn into a family gaming machine as it hooks up to the TV as well as hand held.

Mario Wonder and Mario Odyssey, Both of the Zelda games, I am a big fan of the 2 Mario and Rayman games but I like strategy games.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I do find it odd that they women players in amongst the men players now tbh. Not very realistic, and surely it's impossible to rate them accurately? So they have Sam Kerr rated 90 - that makes sense on a scale of only women players, but they are effectively saying she's equally as good as Kane and Lewandowski. I'm not sure it works.

I get you, its hard to quantify in many ways but I think they've done it quite well. The women are rated against their peers for their stats and its produced in game. There are some that are better than others, this Hamm being one, but she is 95 rated :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get you, its hard to quantify in many ways but I think they've done it quite well. The women are rated against their peers for their stats and its produced in game. There are some that are better than others, this Hamm being one, but she is 95 rated :ROFLMAO:
Yeah.. so the only issue there is she's 5 foot 5. But has 84 for strength.. will be amusing to see her outmuscle the 6 foot 2 John Stones in-game. :LOL:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yeah.. so the only issue there is she's 5 foot 5. But has 84 for strength.. will be amusing to see her outmuscle the 6 foot 2 John Stones in-game. :LOL:

She kind of wont, strength is actually quite impactful this year, defending is a lot better on the game now!

Quick feet and dribbling round him though will be rather easy.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Mario Golf: Super Rush - Good multiplayer family fun, even my wife plays it and she hates golf. ;)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Probably doesn’t need any context but it is perfection for multiplayer.
Super Mario 3D World - IMO the best Mario platform game they’ve made.
Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Great but see above. Incredibly frustrating multiplayer, seriously, it just leads to arguments. Great game one player.
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. Adorable and my daughter loves it. Lovely one player puzzle platformer.
Zelda - one player only and dependant on kids age. Breathe of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are both best of the best.

Plenty more but that lot ticks many boxes.

Swango1980

Visit site
Mario Golf: Super Rush - Good multiplayer family fun, even my wife plays it and she hates golf. ;)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Probably doesn’t need any context but it is perfection for multiplayer.
Super Mario 3D World - IMO the best Mario platform game they’ve made.
Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Great but see above. Incredibly frustrating multiplayer, seriously, it just leads to arguments. Great game one player.
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. Adorable and my daughter loves it. Lovely one player puzzle platformer.
Zelda - one player only and dependant on kids age. Breathe of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are both best of the best.

Plenty more but that lot ticks many boxes.
Mario fan?

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can anyone share their experience of steering wheel setups? I’ve only ever tried those in arcades 😂

I’m only interested in GT type racing, not rally etc. Would probably need it with the standalone stand rather than a desk, so any views on them are also welcome.

Have watched some videos etc and my concern that it’s all fiddly to setup and a bit of a learning curve to actually use.

Would be using it with PS5/TV/VR.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Can anyone share their experience of steering wheel setups? I’ve only ever tried those in arcades 😂

I’m only interested in GT type racing, not rally etc. Would probably need it with the standalone stand rather than a desk, so any views on them are also welcome.

Have watched some videos etc and my concern that it’s all fiddly to setup and a bit of a learning curve to actually use.

Would be using it with PS5/TV/VR.

I bought one about a year ago which was the wheel plus pedals etc. My plan was clamping it to my desk. I quickly realised that, for me anyway, that just doesn’t work, it felt odd to be sat upright whilst almost stepping on the pedals rather than pushing them. Very quickly came to the conclusion that it’d probably be brilliant with a proper rig to sit in however I’d never get away with that. It’s been consigned to the secret tech box in the attic!

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought one about a year ago which was the wheel plus pedals etc. My plan was clamping it to my desk. I quickly realised that, for me anyway, that just doesn’t work, it felt odd to be sat upright whilst almost stepping on the pedals rather than pushing them. Very quickly came to the conclusion that it’d probably be brilliant with a proper rig to sit in however I’d never get away with that. It’s been consigned to the secret tech box in the attic!
Very helpful, thank you for sharing!

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Steering Wheel Stand - We have something like this. We have a logitech G29 wheel, I am useless with it but my son is amazing, just takes a lot of practice.

The wheel stays on the stand and when not being used regularly goes in the garage

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Steering Wheel Stand - We have something like this. We have a logitech G29 wheel, I am useless with it but my son is amazing, just takes a lot of practice.

The wheel stays on the stand and when not being used regularly goes in the garage

I used something similar a couple of years ago, a wheel really does take a driving game to another level, I can’t recommend it enough 👌

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m a bit concerned about, really not looking to learn a new skill :) just as hoping to pick it up and go. What was the actual problem? Did you constantly over/under steer, was the feel not great etc?

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m a bit concerned about, really not looking to learn a new skill :) just as hoping to pick it up and go. What was the actual problem? Did you constantly over/under steer, was the feel not great etc?
It's just not using a gamepad, control is hard, just staying on the track takes some doing, throttle control is hard as well. BUt my son and amate who has psvr2 is amazing with it.