Gamers

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Is anyone playing EA FC?

I packed a Hamm last night.. 95 striker... untradeable! Currently worth like 12 million too! Rather gutted :ROFLMAO:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another who has never been a real sports game fan. Just finishing Avatar on the PS5 and hoovering up some trophies before having another go at getting in to Red Dead Redemption 2 as it never really hooked me first time I played it.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Never been a football game fan for some reason 🤔
Been smashing MW3 Zombies for the last couple of months, finished all the missions so just tombstoning and grinding camos now.

Ahh I've tried it but its just not the same as old Zombies! Bring back Shi No Uma

Swango1980

Visit site
Just played a string of games over and after Xmas. Final Fantasy 16, Deathloop and Jedi Survivor. And last night I just finished Assasins Creed Mirage (all on PS5)

Now I'm wondering what my next step will be. Do I buy Baldur's Gate 3 (well reviewed) or do I buy a PSVR2????

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just played a string of games over and after Xmas. Final Fantasy 16, Deathloop and Jedi Survivor. And last night I just finished Assasins Creed Mirage (all on PS5)

Now I'm wondering what my next step will be. Do I buy Baldur's Gate 3 (well reviewed) or do I buy a PSVR2????

I enjoyed FF16 but did not really get into Deathloop. May try again.

I would go BG3 (I am awaiting for the physical edition to be released in the next couple of months). PSVR2 has been so under supported by Sony that I cannot see it lasting. If I wanted VR I would look at a quest 3 as it has no wires, similar price and there are few Sony exclusives to make the PSVR a better option.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I gave up on the Fifa series years ago. Is it still a glitch-filled scripted money trap?

You'll be pleasantly surprised to hear that it no longer is pay to win.

You can of course buy packs still but you get soooo many packs for free for challenges and things that it doesn't take long to fashion a very good side without spending a penny.

My team is silly and I've not spent a penny.

Swango1980

Visit site
I enjoyed FF16 but did not really get into Deathloop. May try again.

I would go BG3 (I am awaiting for the physical edition to be released in the next couple of months). PSVR2 has been so under supported by Sony that I cannot see it lasting. If I wanted VR I would look at a quest 3 as it has no wires, similar price and there are few Sony exclusives to make the PSVR a better option.
Yeah, Deathloop was a bit tough to get into. But once I got into the flow, I really liked it. Your experience with Deathloop is probably similar to mine with Returnal. Started it, found it really weird and just stopped playing. Albeit it has good reviews.

I wasn't sure if a physical edition of BG3 would be released, why didn't they just release it at the same time? I might do the same as you actually, as the downloadable copy is really expensive (close to £70 I think).

I've delayed getting a PSVR2 for that reason. I've not played racing games lately, but GT7 is meant to be awesome on PSVR2. Few other games meant to be decent, like Horizon and Star Wars. But, yeah, not done so much research, and what games I'd be missing out on if I didn't get Quest 3

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You'll be pleasantly surprised to hear that it no longer is pay to win.

You can of course buy packs still but you get soooo many packs for free for challenges and things that it doesn't take long to fashion a very good side without spending a penny.

My team is silly and I've not spent a penny.
Fair play. I used to try and do the squad-building challenges and stuff but it was pretty arduous to get anything decent together. In the end I had to stop playing for my mental health! It would always send you on losing streaks that you felt powerless to avoid, and I couldn't turn the machine off until I'd had a win. Used to get so angry with it that I had to go cold turkey. I believe the losing streaks are programmed in to make you buy more packs.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Fair play. I used to try and do the squad-building challenges and stuff but it was pretty arduous to get anything decent together. In the end I had to stop playing for my mental health! It would always send you on losing streaks that you felt powerless to avoid, and I couldn't turn the machine off until I'd had a win. Used to get so angry with it that I had to go cold turkey. I believe the losing streaks are programmed in to make you buy more packs.

This happens still, I win some and I lose some. It still enrages you more than any other game known to man but winning is also pure class.

Down side to making it easier to get players is - everyone's team is silly good!

Swango1980

Visit site
You should have substituted this for gambling. I understand those sorts of character traits are just the sort of thing the bookies love in a customer.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, Deathloop was a bit tough to get into. But once I got into the flow, I really liked it. Your experience with Deathloop is probably similar to mine with Returnal. Started it, found it really weird and just stopped playing. Albeit it has good reviews.

I wasn't sure if a physical edition of BG3 would be released, why didn't they just release it at the same time? I might do the same as you actually, as the downloadable copy is really expensive (close to £70 I think).

I've delayed getting a PSVR2 for that reason. I've not played racing games lately, but GT7 is meant to be awesome on PSVR2. Few other games meant to be decent, like Horizon and Star Wars. But, yeah, not done so much research, and what games I'd be missing out on if I didn't get Quest 3

I had the same issue with returnal but at my age the reflexes are not up to that sort of action anyway. May try deathloop again though.

I think that the original thought was the BG3 would be a bit niche and sell well on steam only as a more PC type game and so it had a digital only console release. The deluxe edition is not much more than the digital download but comes with a load of the usual tat. Release date just says Q1 2024 so any time between now and the end of March.

Forgot to mention, I went back to Cybepunk 2077 after the massive update and DLC. That was superb and well worth the £40 charged for the full version with DLC. A truely great game now it works properly.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
do I buy a PSVR2????
- definitely see if you can try it(or any other VR), I find it difficult to spend much time in it (though depends on the game)

- if driving sims are your thing and you are OK with the point above - GT7 is truly where it shines

- Horizon’s climbing gets tedious

- most played in our household… Beat Saber and Job Simulator 😂

Swango1980

Visit site
I had the same issue with returnal but at my age the reflexes are not up to that sort of action anyway. May try deathloop again though.

I think that the original thought was the BG3 would be a bit niche and sell well on steam only as a more PC type game and so it had a digital only console release. The deluxe edition is not much more than the digital download but comes with a load of the usual tat. Release date just says Q1 2024 so any time between now and the end of March.

Forgot to mention, I went back to Cybepunk 2077 after the massive update and DLC. That was superb and well worth the £40 charged for the full version with DLC. A truely great game now it works properly.
Cyberpunk 2077 is a game that hasn't even crossed my mind. Maybe that is the next step, whilst I wait for a hard copy of BG3 and continue to think about VR. The sequel to FF7 is also out soon I think, so that will be another one to get.

Swango1980

Visit site
- definitely see if you can try it(or any other VR), I find it difficult to spend much time in it (though depends on the game)

- if driving sims are your thing and you are OK with the point above - GT7 is truly where it shines

- Horizon’s climbing gets tedious

- most played in our household… Beat Saber and Job Simulator 😂
I need to get a VR game that'll get my heart rate up as well. What better way to exercise, by doing so while gaming.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This happens still, I win some and I lose some. It still enrages you more than any other game known to man but winning is also pure class.

Down side to making it easier to get players is - everyone's team is silly good!
That was another thing that annoyed me in UT - to begin with they got the 'in form' cards for playing well in real life, which made perfect sense - improved stats to reflect the fact that they were actually in form. By 2018 though they were giving everyone super-cards for pointless reasons. Young players were given cards reflecting stats they might achieve if they hit their potential in seven years time. Washed-up players were given nostalgic cards of when they used to be good. Before long it was pointless having a team of normal gold cards because you'd just get out-gunned every game. Yet at the same time you'd match someone who had a 76-rated striker with 95 pace and he was better than all of them! :LOL: If you wanted to use say, the normal Harry Kane card it was useless in-game because it wasn't super-powered and didn't have enough pace.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That was another thing that annoyed me in UT - to begin with they got the 'in form' cards for playing well in real life, which made perfect sense - improved stats to reflect the fact that they were actually in form. By 2018 though they were giving everyone super-cards for pointless reasons. Young players were given cards reflecting stats they might achieve if they hit their potential in seven years time. Washed-up players were given nostalgic cards of when they used to be good. Before long it was pointless having a team of normal gold cards because you'd just get out-gunned every game. Yet at the same time you'd match someone who had a 76-rated striker with 95 pace and he was better than all of them! :LOL: If you wanted to use say, the normal Harry Kane card it was useless in-game because it wasn't super-powered and didn't have enough pace.

Again, a lot of this still remains but the game play is quite different now. They do all sorts of promotions - Team of the week, Team of the Year, Icons, Winter Wildcards, Thunderstruck, Team of the group stage, centurions - it goes on and on!

Pace is still a massive factor but players like Kane muscle round players better than they used to.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cyberpunk 2077 is a game that hasn't even crossed my mind. Maybe that is the next step, whilst I wait for a hard copy of BG3 and continue to think about VR. The sequel to FF7 is also out soon I think, so that will be another one to get.

Definitely worth a go. You can get the fully updated version with the DLC for under £40.00 and I highly recommend it.