Gamers

Swango1980

Visit site
I've been playing Elden Ring for last couple of months. Very good game generally, and been building up my level.

However, it is very much Open World, with very little story. Not really sure what is going on. I've travelled to most places, and no idea where I should be heading next. All feels a bit random and goalless.

So, I've decided to take a break from it, and start Hogwarts Legacy

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been playing Elden Ring for last couple of months. Very good game generally, and been building up my level.

However, it is very much Open World, with very little story. Not really sure what is going on. I've travelled to most places, and no idea where I should be heading next. All feels a bit random and goalless.

So, I've decided to take a break from it, and start Hogwarts Legacy
I really enjoyed legacy. Just a fun game

Swango1980

Visit site
I really enjoyed legacy. Just a fun game
Had early teething problems, Was taking forever to download from disc. Reading up about it online, apparently the ps5 can have problems downloading from disc if you have a poor internet connection, as it tries to download from disc and look for online patches simultaneously, whereas the ps4 at least did these separately, so you could start the game after disc download, and then let it do the internet thing. My Sky internet is embarrassingly slow, so no doubt causing problem. I deleted and restarted download with internet disconnected, and got there in the end.

I then played the introduction, then once complete says I'll need to download the patch to continue. I stopped playing then anyway, but hopefully I'll just be able to continue once I go back to it. Was just weird that it brought me back to the Start screen after the intro

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site

The reason I gave up on open world games, not blaming them it's totally me, I just never know what I should or shouldn't be doing next, at least with the linear games you can work that out and I am not wasting my time gong around in circles.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I have been playing Final Fantasy XIV. I am now level 52 and coming to the end of The RCealm Reborn questline and ready to move on to the Heavensword Extension. Really really enjoying it now I understand it more. It seems a lot to take in at the start but plays nicely with a decent storyline that apprently only gets better.

Not enjoyed an MMO this much since teh original World of Warcraft but am doing my wife';s head in with how much i am playing it, a real time sink it is :)

Jason.H

Visit site
Been on F1 2022 for a bit. Getting used to all the settings for each track can be time consuming so google search for optimal settings it is. Sim rig I’m well impressed with. Force feedback is a workout in itself 😂😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fired up PGA 2k23 again the other day and they have ranked matches now. Might've been there a little while actually but I'm sure they weren't there at the start. You enter it and get matched up with someone for a 9-hole match play. Found it very enjoyable! Won a few against some terrible players, lost a couple unluckily - one of the matches my opponent holed a 200 yard albatross, and I only lost 1 down in the end! Finding these matches more fun that the societies anyway since they're much quicker to get through. And if you quadruple bogey a hole it doesn't ruin your entire tournament. :LOL:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just went back to Assassins Creed Valhalla after a long spell away from it. Got to say, the new graphics card has really improved the graphics and the framerates somewhat.

Also re-downloaded COD Modern Warfare remastered (the 2007 game with the Pripyat mission). Again, new GPU making a big difference in it's playability.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
Just went back to Assassins Creed Valhalla after a long spell away from it. Got to say, the new graphics card has really improved the graphics and the framerates somewhat.

Also re-downloaded COD Modern Warfare remastered (the 2007 game with the Pripyat mission). Again, new GPU making a big difference in it's playability.
The Assassins Creed games are so beautifully made but the stories just don’t hold me. It all feels too linear.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Assassins Creed games are so beautifully made but the stories just don’t hold me. It all feels too linear.
I think that's why I play them then drift, then come back to them and repeat...

But 1440p at 100fps makes for those beautifully made worlds to really shine, noticed a big difference over the old 2070 Super.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My problem with assassin's creed, at least the last 3, is that if you start by focusing on the side missions you nerf the game by being too high a level.

Just killing time in gamepass games waiting for Starfield

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Downloaded the PGA 2k23 game today.
Putting worse than in real life. Eagle put walking off with bogey to miss the playoff in the KFT tournament.
If you're playing offline single player you can preview the putting line once you've aimed. That should make it easier. Do that enough times and you'll start to be able to read it better.

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just discovered recently that there was (or possibly still is) a trend for people recreating classic video game soundtracks. The likes of Bloody Tears from the Castlevania games, The Streets of Rage from... erm, Streets of Rage and a few others.

Some of them are bat s""t crazy but some of them are pretty decent. Odd few are a bit of both :D

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
EA FC 24 for £53.99 on CD Keys atm for console - and less for PC

Saved myself a cool £16

Looking forward to a fully cross-compatible game this time!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
EA FC 24 for £53.99 on CD Keys atm for console - and less for PC

Saved myself a cool £16

Looking forward to a fully cross-compatible game this time!

Not really got the time to get started on a football game. I am waist deep in Starfied and the moment then re-bought Cyberpunk 2077 to try the new version 2.0. On top of that it is only a couple of weeks until the new Forza game and then Spiderman 2. That should keep me going through winter.