Gamers

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
So picked up EA Sports PGA Tour Golf on the PS5 today.

Really enjoying it so far. There are 4 skill levels as well as custom. I have started on level 3 of 4 which is tour level.

1st the annoying, there is no tutorial and no driving range, which I find unbelievable. So it was a matter of going and playing.

I started on the Amateur tour. You can pick from 4 tours, USA, Europe, Asian and Ladies. I chose Europe and was entered to play at St Andrews with my version of me at level 1. There are so many optiosn and choices which are great on how you wish to play and equip your self along with how you play the game. Normally I do the easier level but felt I was really going to do away with the support of lines etc and play it pretty clean. 1st round was a mare while I figured out everything and shot +12. HOwever teh second round i shot -2. I missed the cut as well.

Your character levels up and increases their stats and allows you pick to learn other shot types for example if you focus on driving you can unlock a stinger shot from the tee. I hit level 8 after 2 full rounds.

There are lots of options for new clubs and clothes if that is your thing. You can even use your winnings to buy golf profiles of professional golfers, currently I can buy Dj's driver set up from trackman in real life if I wish.

The graphics look ace and the course superb. I have only played St Andrews though.

I am finding the controls excellent and helping represent playing golf really well. I don't like 2k Golf to be honest and this is different from that. The sounds are great and the effects.

The thing I have enjoyed the most is the behavior of the ball, feels realistic, annoying bounces, weird rolls up hills, pitching on to the green too hard and watching it roll left them off is great. Putting it pretty tough at the higher level and dropping a 30ft was great.

I am really enjoying it so far.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So picked up EA Sports PGA Tour Golf on the PS5 today.

Really enjoying it so far. There are 4 skill levels as well as custom. I have started on level 3 of 4 which is tour level.

1st the annoying, there is no tutorial and no driving range, which I find unbelievable. So it was a matter of going and playing.

I started on the Amateur tour. You can pick from 4 tours, USA, Europe, Asian and Ladies. I chose Europe and was entered to play at St Andrews with my version of me at level 1. There are so many optiosn and choices which are great on how you wish to play and equip your self along with how you play the game. Normally I do the easier level but felt I was really going to do away with the support of lines etc and play it pretty clean. 1st round was a mare while I figured out everything and shot +12. HOwever teh second round i shot -2. I missed the cut as well.

Your character levels up and increases their stats and allows you pick to learn other shot types for example if you focus on driving you can unlock a stinger shot from the tee. I hit level 8 after 2 full rounds.

There are lots of options for new clubs and clothes if that is your thing. You can even use your winnings to buy golf profiles of professional golfers, currently I can buy Dj's driver set up from trackman in real life if I wish.

The graphics look ace and the course superb. I have only played St Andrews though.

I am finding the controls excellent and helping represent playing golf really well. I don't like 2k Golf to be honest and this is different from that. The sounds are great and the effects.

The thing I have enjoyed the most is the behavior of the ball, feels realistic, annoying bounces, weird rolls up hills, pitching on to the green too hard and watching it roll left them off is great. Putting it pretty tough at the higher level and dropping a 30ft was great.

I am really enjoying it so far.

I bought this for my Steam Deck and despite preserving I’m going to get it refunded as it’s just not playable. It’s like they’ve released the game in BETA with no testing, the swing mechanic is laggy and the game crashes a lot are the two of my biggest gripes, it’s borderline unplayable. I’ll probably rebuy in 6 months or so when they’ve got all of the updates out the way however paying £70 or so is just a massive rip off given it just feels incomplete. Looking at the early reviews I am not the only one and, so far, EA seem pretty rubbish with any kind of support. Shame as the odd round I did complete was good.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought this for my Steam Deck and despite preserving I’m going to get it refunded as it’s just not playable. It’s like they’ve released the game in BETA with no testing, the swing mechanic is laggy and the game crashes a lot are the two of my biggest gripes, it’s borderline unplayable. I’ll probably rebuy in 6 months or so when they’ve got all of the updates out the way however paying £70 or so is just a massive rip off given it just feels incomplete. Looking at the early reviews I am not the only one and, so far, EA seem pretty rubbish with any kind of support. Shame as the odd round I did complete was good.

Yeah PC seems to suck, absolutely no issues on the PS5 either. Normally I buy everything on PC but EA and sport games are just so good on the consoles, this year's Fifa 23 still sucks on the PC compared to consoles. It's like a half arsed attempt on PC is the norm.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah PC seems to suck, absolutely no issues on the PS5 either. Normally I buy everything on PC but EA and sport games are just so good on the consoles, this year's Fifa 23 still sucks on the PC compared to consoles. It's like a half arsed attempt on PC is the norm.

Much easier to develop for consoles. One spec, one fixed config.
PC can be any of thousands of configs, manufacturers, speeds, capacities.

FWIW, I have no issues with the gowf on my PC. BUT, this is with a new GPU, last year I had several lag issues with FIFA and plenty of BSODs as memory was being maxed out constantly.
That turned out to be a power draw issue with a RTX 2070S GPU.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Much easier to develop for consoles. One spec, one fixed config.
PC can be any of thousands of configs, manufacturers, speeds, capacities.

FWIW, I have no issues with the gowf on my PC. BUT, this is with a new GPU, last year I had several lag issues with FIFA and plenty of BSODs as memory was being maxed out constantly.
That turned out to be a power draw issue with a RTX 2070S GPU.

Yep as a Gamer on PC since the 486 days this is of course correct but EA more than most really seem to lack the wherewithal to get it somewhat right, plenty of game developers do manage it though.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Seems fine on my pc itself, haven't got a steam deck

One annoying thing well is more creepy is the smiles from the players when they hit a good shot

Brooks doesn't smile!

Swango1980

Visit site
Started playing Elden Ring (when I say started, probably started a few weeks ago). Very good game, but very much Open World in that I don't really know what is going on. Left to just explore the world with no real direction. Also doing a lot of farming of runes, try and build level up.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What’s your thoughts on the Activision takeover being blocked?
Good or bad?
I’m confused why the UK is involved when it’s a US company taking over another US company 🤔 then again I’m no fancy businessman 😬

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
What’s your thoughts on the Activision takeover being blocked?
Good or bad?
I’m confused why the UK is involved when it’s a US company taking over another US company 🤔 then again I’m no fancy businessman 😬

I was not worried either way. I have a PS5 and a Series X and so I was not going to miss out one way or another. Not sure that I understand the refusal of the purchase though, seems the same as stopping a record company signing a new act because they have more bands that their competition.

Not going to be good for Sony though, they have upset quite a few big companies in all of this. If the purchase does not go ahead, it will not be long unil there is a timed Xbox exclusivity deal signed on activision games I assume as well as an expedited agreement to get their back catalogue on GamePass.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was not worried either way. I have a PS5 and a Series X and so I was not going to miss out one way or another. Not sure that I understand the refusal of the purchase though, seems the same as stopping a record company signing a new act because they have more bands that their competition.

Not going to be good for Sony though, they have upset quite a few big companies in all of this. If the purchase does not go ahead, it will not be long unil there is a timed Xbox exclusivity deal signed on activision games I assume as well as an expedited agreement to get their back catalogue on GamePass.

Surely they couldn’t make COD an Xbox exclusive? Over 50% of sales of MW2 are PlayStation alone, it would be madness to make that move 🤯

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely they couldn’t make COD an Xbox exclusive? Over 50% of sales of MW2 are PlayStation alone, it would be madness to make that move 🤯

Agree, COD is too big for that but you may get timed exclusive DLC etc on that one and perhaps a Gamepass release. Even if they had completed the purchase, Microsoft had guaranteed COD on the playstation for at least 10 years.

MACM85

Visit site
Just finished getting the PlatinumTrophy on Star Wars Jedi Survivor. Game story was decent the overall game could have had a bit more to it. Spent more time collecting everything than doing the story