Gamers

Swango1980

Visit site
Definitely worth a go. You can get the fully updated version with the DLC for under £40.00 and I highly recommend it.
Right. I did it last week. I bought Cyberpunk 2077, and started playing last week. Seems a very good game, the City feels very alive. I'm probably kind of lost how best to build up my character when I get points to spend, but going down the Technical / Stealth route and sort of randomly picking perks mainly in those areas. My main way of fighting is to stand back, and Overheat the baddies or every now and then blow something up near them.

However, I also bit the bullet and ordered a PSVR2, with Horizon Call of the Mountain and also bought the VR Star Wars game. It was inevitable I'd get the PSVR2 at some point, so I put myself out of my misery and bought it. At end of day, It will never be as big a waste of money as the £2,000 Atom Exercise bike I bought during Covid, and not used since 2021, except to hang my clothes on occasionally.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Right. I did it last week. I bought Cyberpunk 2077, and started playing last week. Seems a very good game, the City feels very alive. I'm probably kind of lost how best to build up my character when I get points to spend, but going down the Technical / Stealth route and sort of randomly picking perks mainly in those areas. My main way of fighting is to stand back, and Overheat the baddies or every now and then blow something up near them.

However, I also bit the bullet and ordered a PSVR2, with Horizon Call of the Mountain and also bought the VR Star Wars game. It was inevitable I'd get the PSVR2 at some point, so I put myself out of my misery and bought it. At end of day, It will never be as big a waste of money as the £2,000 Atom Exercise bike I bought during Covid, and not used since 2021, except to hang my clothes on occasionally.

My build on Cyberpunk was based on pistols and shotgun combo and a set of shock damage Gorilla Arms for close up, played it to finish from both the Street Urchin and Nomad starts (One on xbox Series X on release and then when I re purchased it on PS5 last year). To me it was one of the best games I have played in a while and pretty much all that I played towards the end of last year (aside from the game of XCOM 2 that I always have running, if you have not tried it and are on PS Plus, give it a go).

Swango1980

Visit site
My build on Cyberpunk was based on pistols and shotgun combo and a set of shock damage Gorilla Arms for close up, played it to finish from both the Street Urchin and Nomad starts (One on xbox Series X on release and then when I re purchased it on PS5 last year). To me it was one of the best games I have played in a while and pretty much all that I played towards the end of last year (aside from the game of XCOM 2 that I always have running, if you have not tried it and are on PS Plus, give it a go).
One thing that surprised me was the start when you adjust the appearance of your character. Doing so is fairly standard in many games, but there were certain body attributes / appearances I wasn't expecting to have to make. I certainly didn't get those options when setting the appearance of my character in Hogwarts Legacy :)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
One thing that surprised me was the start when you adjust the appearance of your character. Doing so is fairly standard in many games, but there were certain body attributes / appearances I wasn't expecting to have to make. I certainly didn't get those options when setting the appearance of my character in Hogwarts Legacy :)

Yeah that was certainly a surprise as to the level of 'detail'. I really enjoyed Hogwarts Legacy, a good fun open world game.

Nothing new out for a while that interests me so it is time to have another try at Red Dead Redemption 2. Never got on with it when it first came out but have read to many good things ever since that I thought I would try again. Also still have Demon Souls sitting there for when I feel brave enough to give it another try.

Swango1980

Visit site
Yeah that was certainly a surprise as to the level of 'detail'. I really enjoyed Hogwarts Legacy, a good fun open world game.

Nothing new out for a while that interests me so it is time to have another try at Red Dead Redemption 2. Never got on with it when it first came out but have read to many good things ever since that I thought I would try again. Also still have Demon Souls sitting there for when I feel brave enough to give it another try.
Games like Demon Souls are just too damn hard. I started the latest game of that type on PS5 (the name escapes me right now), but after hours of play I just got lost in what was going on in the game. Just seemed to be randomly walking about, facing really really hard enemies.

Elden Ring, that's the one.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Games like Demon Souls are just too damn hard. I started the latest game of that type on PS5 (the name escapes me right now), but after hours of play I just got lost in what was going on in the game. Just seemed to be randomly walking about, facing really really hard enemies.

Elden Ring, that's the one.

Yeah, I bought Demon Souls as a bit of a challenge and something I could try and get invested in then never really had the chance to get beyond the first level and boss battle. I am determined to give it one more try but maybe after RDR2

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ordered a PS Portal earlier, anyone recommend some decent games I can play on it? Maybe one or two the missus will be able to play as well, got to justify it obviously 😉
You in playstation plus as there are loads in the library. I liked Ghosts of Tsushima

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Help!

My PS4 has decided not to read discs. Done a database rebuild but still no joy…

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
PlayStation Direct, I’ve been using a stock checker app and it pinged earlier, just got lucky I guess 👍

I got my son and nephews one for Xmas, me and my brother have finally got our TVs back to ourselves. Great bit of kit.

Got my son a Metaquest 2 for his birthday the weekend, trying to resist getting a cricket that would look superb in VR.

Swango1980

Visit site
Just had my first go with PSVR2, playing first half hour of Horizon Call of the Mountain. As soon as it started in the canoe, I was blown away. Was immediately uncomfortable as it felt there was another human in my comfort zone.

When I stopped playing, and started to make dinner, at one point my brain felt my hands were still in VR