Gamers

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never got into it when released but currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and very much enjoying it. The slower pace seems to reflect the period well and it is fun just getting lost in the world. It still looks stunning as well.

Picked it if for not much more than a tenner as well so great value.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never got into it when released but currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and very much enjoying it. The slower pace seems to reflect the period well and it is fun just getting lost in the world. It still looks stunning as well.

Picked it if for not much more than a tenner as well so great value.
I won't spoil it for you, but I loved this game, right up to a certain point in the storyline which completely ruined it for me and I stopped playing and never completed it. (Partly because it was taking up about 80% of the console drive space so I had to delete it.)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I won't spoil it for you, but I loved this game, right up to a certain point in the storyline which completely ruined it for me and I stopped playing and never completed it. (Partly because it was taking up about 80% of the console drive space so I had to delete it.)

The game has been around long enough that I know about the change in main character and I assume that your interest ended with Arthur Morgan.

Luckily the PS5 has enough space on the drive for it not to be too much of an issue, plus I only run one game at a time these days (well 2 as I always have a game of Xcom 2 running).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The game has been around long enough that I know about the change in main character and I assume that your interest ended with Arthur Morgan.

Luckily the PS5 has enough space on the drive for it not to be too much of an issue, plus I only run one game at a time these days (well 2 as I always have a game of Xcom 2 running).
Yeah that really annoyed me! Not only do you lose the character you've grown attached to, you lose the horse that you spent hours bonding with and whatnot. Then you start again with a bunch of rubbish, boring missions that have no relation to anything you've done up to that point. Completely lost interest. They could have at least had John inherit Arthur's horse, that wouldn't have been so difficult to write. It was like watching a movie on video, then about 20 minutes from the end you find that someone has taped over it and a new movie starts in it's place. You want to finish the first movie not start a new one.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah that really annoyed me! Not only do you lose the character you've grown attached to, you lose the horse that you spent hours bonding with and whatnot. Then you start again with a bunch of rubbish, boring missions that have no relation to anything you've done up to that point. Completely lost interest. They could have at least had John inherit Arthur's horse, that wouldn't have been so difficult to write. It was like watching a movie on video, then about 20 minutes from the end you find that someone has taped over it and a new movie starts in it's place. You want to finish the first movie not start a new one.

Get that but I am slightly less concerned as I enjoyed John Marston as the main character in the original Red Dead Redemption so am hoping that his part will add some context to what came later in the original game (if that makes any sense).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get that but I am slightly less concerned as I enjoyed John Marston as the main character in the original Red Dead Redemption so am hoping that his part will add some context to what came later in the original game (if that makes any sense).
I never played the original so that made it worse for me - he was just some no-mark nobody. :LOL:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I never played the original so that made it worse for me - he was just some no-mark nobody. :LOL:

Ah, he is the main character in Red Dead Redemption which, to me, was the better game, more spaghetti western than Unforgiven.

I suspect that may have made a difference as he has a great story ark in the first game and hopefully I will see how he gets to that point.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah, he is the main character in Red Dead Redemption which, to me, was the better game, more spaghetti western than Unforgiven.

I suspect that may have made a difference as he has a great story ark in the first game and hopefully I will see how he gets to that point.

Also, if you can find a cheap copy worth playing Red Dead Redemption. There is rumour of a remaster coming.

Swango1980

Visit site
Can anyone tell me a bit about Playsation Plus, and is it worth it?

Despite being in the middle of Cyberpunk 2077, I'm pretty addicted to GT7. I've gone through all the main cafe stuff, and so am now a bit more open ended as to what I do next. I did have a look at seeing if I could play online (albeit I'd get battered), but it seems I need a PS Plus account to do anything other than time trials. I've not committed to that yet, but I think there are 3 levels you can subscribe to.

I've considered subscribing, as it really isn't that much for an annual fee. But what else would it get me, what other games does it benefit?

Also considering getting No Mans Sky, as that seems to have decent reviews.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can anyone tell me a bit about Playsation Plus, and is it worth it?

Despite being in the middle of Cyberpunk 2077, I'm pretty addicted to GT7. I've gone through all the main cafe stuff, and so am now a bit more open ended as to what I do next. I did have a look at seeing if I could play online (albeit I'd get battered), but it seems I need a PS Plus account to do anything other than time trials. I've not committed to that yet, but I think there are 3 levels you can subscribe to.

I've considered subscribing, as it really isn't that much for an annual fee. But what else would it get me, what other games does it benefit?

Also considering getting No Mans Sky, as that seems to have decent reviews.

Depending on how much of the PS4/5 back catalogue you have played, it can be great value. I use it all the time. You get 3 games added to the base level every month, if you have the mid level like I do, you also get a pretty big library of PS4 and PS5 games that you can download and play with new ones added each month. Basically I go by the theory that if there are 4 games on it a year I want to play then it is worth it and I have found decent value so far.

OK, you do not get day one releases like on Gamepass but everything released by Sony will be on there eventually (though not GT7 yet annoyingly).

Swango1980

Visit site
Depending on how much of the PS4/5 back catalogue you have played, it can be great value. I use it all the time. You get 3 games added to the base level every month, if you have the mid level like I do, you also get a pretty big library of PS4 and PS5 games that you can download and play with new ones added each month. Basically I go by the theory that if there are 4 games on it a year I want to play then it is worth it and I have found decent value so far.

OK, you do not get day one releases like on Gamepass but everything released by Sony will be on there eventually (though not GT7 yet annoyingly).
You might have sold it for me.

I'm often downloading older games I've just not got round to playing yet, when I read they had good reviews at the time. So, it'll probably save me money in the long run. Apart from GT7, are there other good online games that require Playstation Plus? I'd have assumed the big online games require separate subscription fees to be paid directly to the publisher of the game?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
You might have sold it for me.

I'm often downloading older games I've just not got round to playing yet, when I read they had good reviews at the time. So, it'll probably save me money in the long run. Apart from GT7, are there other good online games that require Playstation Plus? I'd have assumed the big online games require separate subscription fees to be paid directly to the publisher of the game?

Anything in particular you are looking for and I can check tonight.

Only MMO games tend to need further payments.

This link should let you know the current list on Extra.

Swango1980

Visit site
Anything in particular you are looking for and I can check tonight.

Only MMO games tend to need further payments.

This link should let you know the current list on Extra.

I often go down a review list, and pick games out. Many of which could be several years old. Like in last year I played all the Yakuza games and spin offs (although they are not on list to be fair). But, I played all Assasins Creed games in last few years, after playing Origins when it was quite old. Loved it, hence I went on to play Odyssey, Black Flag, Valhalla and recently Mirage.

To be honest, there are probably loads of games on the list that I'd play as they are free, and could be hidden gems. Scanning it, I see some big games on there. Some I've never played, and some I've actually bought recently. I wonder how many years I'll need to wait before Baldur's Gate 3 is on it?

I wonder

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I often go down a review list, and pick games out. Many of which could be several years old. Like in last year I played all the Yakuza games and spin offs (although they are not on list to be fair). But, I played all Assasins Creed games in last few years, after playing Origins when it was quite old. Loved it, hence I went on to play Odyssey, Black Flag, Valhalla and recently Mirage.

To be honest, there are probably loads of games on the list that I'd play as they are free, and could be hidden gems. Scanning it, I see some big games on there. Some I've never played, and some I've actually bought recently. I wonder how many years I'll need to wait before Baldur's Gate 3 is on it?

I wonder

Therein lies the problem. The developer said a few weeks ago that it would never appear on Gamepass or Playstation Plus but we shall see. There is actually a physical version coming out soon and that may be when I decide to give that a go.

In the meantime, it will be back to Red Dead Redemption 2 tonight. Really enjoying now I have settled into the slower pace of it, enjoying the journey rather than rushing to the destination.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the meantime, it will be back to Red Dead Redemption 2 tonight. Really enjoying now I have settled into the slower pace of it, enjoying the journey rather than rushing to the destination.
That's just as well since you're travelling by horse.

Regarding PSPlus - I slightly resent having just been charged £60 for my renewal of it, but you need it to play online, and the only thing I really play at the moment is PGA 2k23 in the nine-hole online matches.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's just as well since you're travelling by horse.

Regarding PSPlus - I slightly resent having just been charged £60 for my renewal of it, but you need it to play online, and the only thing I really play at the moment is PGA 2k23 in the nine-hole online matches.

I have unlocked fast travel so the horse is not always necessary, plus there is the option of train and stage coach.

I rarely play online, I use it for the monthly games and library of PS4 and PS5 titles. As I was mainly xbox last generation, there are plenty of games I never played. After RDR2, Days Gone is my next big open world adventure.