Gamers

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Just had my first go with PSVR2, playing first half hour of Horizon Call of the Mountain. As soon as it started in the canoe, I was blown away. Was immediately uncomfortable as it felt there was another human in my comfort zone.

When I stopped playing, and started to make dinner, at one point my brain felt my hands were still in VR
VR’s are mental, my oldest boy has one and just great machines 😀

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
This one is slightly off piste however a few years ago a bought a Meta Quest 2 on a whim and after the initial excitement had worn off it was consigned to the tech box at the bottom of my wardrobe. Saw a random TikTok video shared on X of someone playing VR cricket on the same day as Meta sent me a 33% off any game voucher so decided that for £12 it would be worth a look.

Since downloading last week I’ve been on it almost every day trying to beat my 5 over record (60 as it stands with you only having 2 wickets to play with). It’s a really fun game to pick up for 15/20 mins which is about right for me at the moment with family and work.

Tried it against the ‘insane’ bowler setting which included facing a couple of 100mph quicks. Needless to say I didn’t score many bar a streaky inside edge that went for four past fine leg. Really did get get feeling of pace as one whistled past my nose!!

Swango1980

Visit site
Well, my PSVR2 arrived a week or so ago. As I reported at the time, was playing Horizon Call of the Mountain, and have continued to do so since. It is still incredible. I can probably play an hour or 2 before I need to give my eyes / head a rest from VR

But, I also bit the bullet and bought Gran Turismo 7, and started playing it this week. I can truly say that, each time the race starts and I go into VR mode, I pretty much laugh every time. Laugh at how ridiculously real it feels, it is mental. Set it up so that I steer by rotating the controller, so it even feels like a steering wheel. Only just got it, bit because I'm seated I think I could play it for longer durations than Horizon, without needing a rest. The only issue is, I probably should not play it before I go out and drive for real. I drove to football last night, and it felt just like the PSVR2 game, so I was worried I'd suddenly drive up to the bumper of the car in front and then dart up the inside of a corner.

I also have Resident Evil Village and the Star Wars VR game, but not downloaded yet. I'm nervous about playing RE Village.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, my PSVR2 arrived a week or so ago. As I reported at the time, was playing Horizon Call of the Mountain, and have continued to do so since. It is still incredible. I can probably play an hour or 2 before I need to give my eyes / head a rest from VR

But, I also bit the bullet and bought Gran Turismo 7, and started playing it this week. I can truly say that, each time the race starts and I go into VR mode, I pretty much laugh every time. Laugh at how ridiculously real it feels, it is mental. Set it up so that I steer by rotating the controller, so it even feels like a steering wheel. Only just got it, bit because I'm seated I think I could play it for longer durations than Horizon, without needing a rest. The only issue is, I probably should not play it before I go out and drive for real. I drove to football last night, and it felt just like the PSVR2 game, so I was worried I'd suddenly drive up to the bumper of the car in front and then dart up the inside of a corner.

I also have Resident Evil Village and the Star Wars VR game, but not downloaded yet. I'm nervous about playing RE Village.

As I am not a fan of horror films in general, Resident Evil VR would not be for me (But apparently you want to play RE7 on VR for the real scary experience). The star wars one is supposed to be superb if you are talking about the add on to another game (think it was Rogue Squadron)

Mandofred

Visit site
Looking for recommendations for fps. After playing all the borderland games.....a number of times..... Looking for a couple of new games, well....not new....I tend to buy the games that came out a year or two (or more) ago. I was playing Resident Evil 4 a couple of months ago.....it just got too complicated with all the maps etc. I've tried a few of the survival type games, but again.....too much work trying to get supplies to build new weapons etc. The old Doom type games were a little too go-go-go all the time. The good thing with the Borderland games....fairly simple on what you needed to do.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking for recommendations for fps. After playing all the borderland games.....a number of times..... Looking for a couple of new games, well....not new....I tend to buy the games that came out a year or two (or more) ago. I was playing Resident Evil 4 a couple of months ago.....it just got too complicated with all the maps etc. I've tried a few of the survival type games, but again.....too much work trying to get supplies to build new weapons etc. The old Doom type games were a little too go-go-go all the time. The good thing with the Borderland games....fairly simple on what you needed to do.
What about Tiny Tina’s Wonderland that’s the next in the series got decent reviews

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Tempted by a PS VR set. I've played LOTS of GT7 and this could keep me going for a while. 👌

Swango1980

Visit site
Tempted by a PS VR set. I've played LOTS of GT7 and this could keep me going for a while. 👌
I'll be honest, if anybody ever invested just over a grand in a ps5, psvr2 and GT7, and no other game, it would be a great investment. Just over a grand for a driving sim, it is immense.

I'm hooked. Flying around places like Spa, Monza or Sao Paulo is electrifying. Every hill and corner I feel I'm driving, even though I'm sitting on my couch and using standard ps5 controller.

Midweek after about 10, thought I'd have another race or 2. Took headset off, and it was after midnight. Oops.

Swango1980

Visit site
Add another £300 for a half decent wheel as well 👌
Right now, the normal control feels like a wheel (using motion control for steering)

But it would be amazing to have a wheel and some sort of seat that could somehow simulate movement. Although when I went head into barrier, I briefly thought my life was over just before impact

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What about Tiny Tina’s Wonderland that’s the next in the series got decent reviews
I played this after Borderlands 3 but it was a massive let-down. The playable characters were just generic nobodies, the enemies were repetitive and dull, couldn't get into it at all.

Mandofred

Visit site
I played this after Borderlands 3 but it was a massive let-down. The playable characters were just generic nobodies, the enemies were repetitive and dull, couldn't get into it at all.
Yeah....I agree. Played maybe an hour.....not really doing it for me. I'll give it some more time, but it isn't as good. I might just purchase some of the add-on games to the regular game. I haven't tried a Tour of Duty type game for a long time.