Football Manager 2020 & FM Touch

Wolf

Visit site
This game is stupid. I was doing well with Chelsea, won three games in a row all with clean sheets, had crept into the top 4. Then we lose 4-0 to Sheffield. WTF? What is it with them? God this drives me mad.
I agree bloody stupid game, I'm 2/3 through the season 4th in league still only 2pts off 2nd spot, scored more goals than anyone else in my last 6 games I've beaten City, Utd, Everton, Liverpool drew with Spurs then got hammered 4-0 by Palace?. Have a 100% win record in Europa League so far yet the board are unhappy and are considering my position as they're not sure im suitable and up to the job. ??‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I absolutely can't wait for the transfer window. Tammy Abraham is awful! We're in 6th after 15 games, I'm quite happy with that, but we've only scored 17 goals and our goal difference is -1! If we don't win it's often because we had 20 shots and only managed one goal from a corner or a penalty. Tammy does have 4 league goals now, but for a long time he only had 1, he's only just hit a small patch of form recently. Batshuayi is just as bad and wasn't able to displace him for long. I have £130m budget waiting for me! :LOL: I'm thinking Haaland or Lautaro Martinez.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got to the 1st of Jan here. 2nd in the league, 8 points behind Liverpool but playing them now so could do with a result. Topped the CL group with wins over Lokomotiv and Bayern to finish the campaign. Us beating Bayern knocked them out as well, with Galatasaray going through in 2nd. Into the Semi's of the Carabao as well, although we've got City so not feeling thankful.

Levy surprised me and out of the blue provided a boost to the transfer funds, so have £65m to spend in Jan + Vertonghen's on his way out so should have £80m to spend. Looking at Cengiz Under to provide a bit more cover at RW as apart from 4 goals in 1 match in the CL, Moura's been rubbish. Either gonna bring Under in or maybe Gnabry or Chiesa if they're not crazy expensive.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jan done, transfer window done. A very realistic Spurs transfer window with £124m spent :LOL: Ended up bringing in Gnabry for £58m and then did a deal with Bournemouth to bring Lewis Cook in - £20m up front with £40m in instalments. Seems a lot of money but he becomes probably the best English DLP so will end up being a good deal I think, I've seen his value go north of £60m on a couple of saves. Couple of guys were sold as well - Vertonghen went to Everton for £16m and Dier (as he was replaced by Cook) went to Ajax for £27m. Net spend for the window of £81m, so quite a bit but couple of quality players in, Gnabry's already been excellent and a big improvement on Lucas. Still have £172m in the bank too, so finances still in a very healthy position.

Still 2nd in the league. Pretty securely in the top 4 - 5 points clear of City but Chelsea and Arsenal are fairly close behind me in 3rd and 4th. Play all 4 of the other top 5 in our last 14 games, so those matches will decide our league position. Not catching Liverpool though unless they have a major slip-up. They've only lost once, 20 wins from 25, 11 points clear but I've got a game in hand. Title very much theirs to lose.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've actually hit form on my game. We've won 8 of our last 9 games and kept 7 clean sheets. Weirdly the clean sheets have coincided with my bringing Christensen in for Tomori, I thought they were a similar level, but obviously Christensen just works better with the rest of the back four I guess. Our last game was a 2-0 win at Old Trafford that takes us up to 3rd. City and Liverpool are a good 12 points ahead in the top two positions though so I can't see us catching them, just need to hold onto the top four. Most excitingly the Jan window is about to open and I have big plans. :LOL:

Finally enjoying the game though anyway. It turns out Spurs are just crap. :ROFLMAO:

Wolf

Visit site
Who set the board expectations on this poxy game. Pre season expectations qualify for champions league, so with 5 games left of season im in 4th spot 7pts ahead of 5th with a game in hand im in the semi of the Europa league, basically in final as I won 1st leg away from home 3-0. Club has bundles in the bank where I've saved a fortune and we're top scorers in league. So what happens after I just drew 1-1 with Liverpool who have basically won the league, I get the sack because the board think I'm underachieving ?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not surprised you decided against playing with wingers @Orikoru. I have no idea why, but Son and Moura are dreadful on this game. Son is the bigger surprise for me, he's been awesome IRL for a couple of seasons but on FM he's dreadful. Attributes look alright, decent in all the right areas, should be one of the best LW's in the league but he's shocking. Guessing 13 and 12 crossing for the two of them is the issue. Moura has 0 goals, 2 assists in 22 PL appearances, Son has 3 goals, 2 assists in 28. Gnabry has played 10 and already has 3 assists and 2 goals. So he's going to end up playing half a season and getting more goals and assists than the pair of them combined. Ludwig Augustinsson has 3 goals and 9 PL assists, so miles ahead of the pair of them combined. Shocking. They're both going in the summer and gonna bring in new wingers, move Gnabry to the left and bring in Sancho is the plan.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who set the board expectations on this poxy game. Pre season expectations qualify for champions league, so with 5 games left of season im in 4th spot 7pts ahead of 5th with a game in hand im in the semi of the Europa league, basically in final as I won 1st leg away from home 3-0. Club has bundles in the bank where I've saved a fortune and we're top scorers in league. So what happens after I just drew 1-1 with Liverpool who have basically won the league, I get the sack because the board think I'm underachieving ?
That is completely ridiculous. I'd be using the old trick of adding a new manager as the same club to carry on. :p

Not surprised you decided against playing with wingers @Orikoru. I have no idea why, but Son and Moura are dreadful on this game. Son is the bigger surprise for me, he's been awesome IRL for a couple of seasons but on FM he's dreadful. Attributes look alright, decent in all the right areas, should be one of the best LW's in the league but he's shocking. Guessing 13 and 12 crossing for the two of them is the issue. Moura has 0 goals, 2 assists in 22 PL appearances, Son has 3 goals, 2 assists in 28. Gnabry has played 10 and already has 3 assists and 2 goals. So he's going to end up playing half a season and getting more goals and assists than the pair of them combined. Ludwig Augustinsson has 3 goals and 9 PL assists, so miles ahead of the pair of them combined. Shocking. They're both going in the summer and gonna bring in new wingers, move Gnabry to the left and bring in Sancho is the plan.
Yeah, honestly, Son and Lucas were like a couple of Lord Lucans. Like playing with nine men! I thought Son would be immense but no. In my current game Willian has just banged a hat-trick against Sheff Utd, if Willian can perform but Son and Lucas can't then something's up.

This is amazingly cathartic actually, Sheff have been my bogey team as mentioned in here a couple of times, but we're smashing them 5-1 by half time now! I've signed Lautaro Martinez and Memphis Depay to add to my attacking options (although Lautaro is off on international duty for this game). I've got Luca Pellegrini arriving next year to take over at left back, and I'm about to sign the wonderkid keeper Vandevoordt, because Caballero is old and leaving anyway. Oh and Ziyech is arriving next year as well as per real life (I didn't sign him, it was already set to happen). Lovely stuff.

D

Deleted member 1740

If anyone has some serious feedback ideas for Football manager, look up Miles from sports interactive on twitter.
he is the main man at SI.

He is a friend, and a great guy, will always take constructive feedback on the game.

can I name drop??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If anyone has some serious feedback ideas for Football manager, look up Miles from sports interactive on twitter.
he is the main man at SI.

He is a friend, and a great guy, will always take constructive feedback on the game.
Can you ask him why he made Heung-Min Son total crap on the game? :ROFLMAO:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think I might be joining you in the sacked club :ROFLMAO: Went to Juve with a 2-0 advantage after the home leg, lost 6-0 - was the Ronaldo show, he scored 4. Then in the league we're down to 4th, 6 points behind Chelsea who we play next. Arsenal are 4 points behind us in 5th but have a game in hand, so lose to Chelsea and we could drop to 5th. This has turned into an utter shitshow, proper bottled the season after a promising start. Chelsea and Arsenal still to play, so chance to turn it around, we have to finish in the top 4 or I'm done for. Spurs are cursed on FM :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think I might be joining you in the sacked club :ROFLMAO: Went to Juve with a 2-0 advantage after the home leg, lost 6-0 - was the Ronaldo show, he scored 4. Then in the league we're down to 4th, 6 points behind Chelsea who we play next. Arsenal are 4 points behind us in 5th but have a game in hand, so lose to Chelsea and we could drop to 5th. This has turned into an utter shitshow, proper bottled the season after a promising start. Chelsea and Arsenal still to play, so chance to turn it around, we have to finish in the top 4 or I'm done for. Spurs are cursed on FM :LOL:
No I think that's just the game. My game went full retard last night as well. Everything was going great, we beat PSG 2-0 in the away leg of the last 16 and beat Wolves in the FA Cup 5th round. We were comfortable in the top four. Then suddenly I didn't win for 9 games. Lost the home leg 2-0 against PSG and out on pens. Drew against Southampton, Norwich, Villa & Bournemouth(who had ten men) - couldn't buy a win. That put us down to about 7th so I was on the verge of the sack. I just didn't bother saving it though because it was so stupid. I know in the full game other teams learn your tactics or whatever, but this is the Touch version I'm playing, surely they shouldn't suss you out before the end of the first season?? And I do change the mentality, and tweak the passing/tempo etc depending on who we're playing, it's just the shape and most of the roles that stay the same. There's just no reason why a good-performing team should suddenly turn to piss overnight.

Anyway like I said, I only save the game after a win just to guard against anything stupid like this ruining my game. :LOL: So I'll be going back to the point where we'd just beaten Wolves in the cup - I'll probably not do much different the second time around so we'll see if it is just random or not. I think I need to sign up to an FM forum to find out what's really going on with this daft game.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
My game has turned around after the Juve hammering. Beat Chelsea 3-0 after totally dominating the game, didn't give them a sniff, then smashed Palace 5-0 (Kane scored 4) and then beat Watford away. While I've done that, Arsenal lost to Villa, City dropped points against United and Chelsea lost to Liverpool so after feeling like I could finish outside top 4 I'm now level with Chelsea in 2nd again. These are the fixtures remaining:

Chelsea (79pts): Sheff Utd (H), Arsenal (A)
Spurs (79pts): Arsenal (H), Sheff Utd (A)
City (78pts): Liverpool (H), Wolves (A) + they have a CL Semi 2nd leg to play
Arsenal (69pts): Southampton (H), United (A), Spurs (A), Chelsea (H)

Pretty exciting finish, and quite cool that the two teams tied for 2nd have identical finishing fixtures :D

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
We did it! Beat Arsenal 2-1, Sheffield United 2-0. City and Chelsea both dropped points so we secured 2nd place which should keep me in a job. Top 4 was filled out with City and Chelsea. Liverpool won the league by 12 points :LOL: Initial budget of next season set for £65m. Will be more when I sell Son and Moura, and need more so I can bring in some actual quality on the wings. Not the best first season, no trophies (although Spurs are used to that) but happy with 2nd in the league.

Also Augustinsson, Dias and Ndombele made the PL Team of the Year. Augustinsson also won Fans Player of the Year and Signing of the Season. What a man.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My signings have mostly been pants. Depay was so poor he lost his place to Hudson-Odoi. Lautaro only managed about 4 goals in 15 games and 2 of them were penalties. I did manage to get Kai Havertz on deadline day, and he was decent, but given how highly rated he was I expected him to be world class, but he was no more than decent really.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unsurprisingly no-one is interested in signing Lucas. Got a couple of clubs interested in Son but doubt they'll be offering £50m for him, which is his asking price.

Sancho's just joined. £45m up front, £45m over instalments. Love using instalments to get big players :D Just leaves me with basically no money to improve elsewhere until I sell some guys. Annoyingly had a £22m offer for Skipp which I accepted but he rejected a move to Norwich :(. That would have been a nice little boost in funds.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unsurprisingly no-one is interested in signing Lucas. Got a couple of clubs interested in Son but doubt they'll be offering £50m for him, which is his asking price.

Sancho's just joined. £45m up front, £45m over instalments. Love using instalments to get big players :D Just leaves me with basically no money to improve elsewhere until I sell some guys. Annoyingly had a £22m offer for Skipp which I accepted but he rejected a move to Norwich :(. That would have been a nice little boost in funds.
I believe Skipp is classed as a wonderkid if you can find any minutes for him. Probably takes too long to improve though. Problem is you can't afford them too many minutes when you're competing for top four.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe Skipp is classed as a wonderkid if you can find any minutes for him. Probably takes too long to improve though. Problem is you can't afford them too many minutes when you're competing for top four.

Must have a random PA - not a wonderkid for me, looks pretty pants tbh. Have offered him out and had an offer from Leicester worth £15m, so will take that and hope he leaves this time :p Trying to also get rid of Rose, Walker-Pieters and Carter-Vickers to try and free up some wage bill and boost the funds. Never going to use any of them. Might try and bin off Aurier as well, but imagine he'll have a right paddy :LOL:

Picked up Everton Soares for £25.5m, so my wingers are sorted now - have Gnabry, Sancho, Everton and Bergwijn, should be a very tidy improvement on last season. Squad's looking pretty good:

Keepers - Lloris and Gazzaniga
RBs - Hysaj and Aurier
CBs - Dias, Sanchez, Alderweireld and Davies
LBs - Augustinsson and Davies
CMs - Ndombele, Cook, Winks, Lo Celso
RWs - Sancho, Gnabry, Everton
LWs - Gnabry, Everton, Bergwijn
CAMs - Alli, Lo Celso
ST - Kane, Parrott

Will need a new RB if Aurier ends up leaving but other than that I'm pretty happy, could maybe do with another CM, maybe a wonderkid, will see who I can find.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suspect with Skipp he's at that age where you have to play him a lot straight away for him to hit the potential. But no one's really going to do that as Spurs, it'll be if you're lower down the league and you can buy him off them.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
United just bid £75m for Lo Celso after selling Pogba to PSG. I rejected and now he wants to double his wages. Great. Thanks Solskjaer.

Huh, nice, just realised Gedson's in on a 2 year loan. Don't need to buy another CM after all. Result.