Football Manager 2020 & FM Touch

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah the injuries are a proper ball-ache. I was talking to my mate about it actually, I think it's stupid that they update it to real life injuries, but give you them all at the beginning of the season instead. And give you the players signed in January at the beginning of the season. It doesn't really make sense to me. That's not realistic either way so you might as well keep the injuries random rather than replicate the real ones but at the wrong time. And another thing while I'm ranting, why not let you recall the loans at the beginning?? Rose and Walker-Peters would have been handy back-up to start with. :rolleyes:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
think I’m gonna give the spurs season a bash.

you’re both still just in touch right?

I'm full game, I've put 500+ hours into every FM since FM13, definitely prefer the full version :) Wolf and Orikoru are on Touch.

Thrown a few bids out for RBs. Max Aarons, Reece James, Nordi Mukiele and then Dalot on loan as a last resort. Would like Aarons but if he's £50+ I'll go Mukiele who was superb for my RB Leipzig team and is more than capable at playing CB.

Levy's tight at the start of the game, but I just sold Lamela and Sissoko to boost the funds. Then he's given me two £60m fund boosts since then, so he gets better. Spurs have some of the healthiest finances in the game. SO much money in the bank.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Mukiele is an awesome signing. Dalot works well for me as he can play in all 4 positions on the sides as inverted wingback of defensive wingers.

I'm doing spurs on touch as too deep into my Saints save to wanna get a spurs one going.

Think my record was 1100 hours one year. Played it almost every shift for about 10 hours. Only time I've managed 30 seasons and had stadium built and named after me lol

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
:ROFLMAO: Norwich want £82m for Aarons. Jog on lads. Mukiele it is.

English clubs going big this summer. Dybala's gone to City for £95m, Milinkovic-Savic has joined Chelsea for £87m, we've signed Sancho for £90m, Arsenal signed Tah for £65m, United have signed Bailey and de Vrij for £133m, only Liverpool who are yet to make a big signing. PSG have also spent £252m on Pogba, Icardi, Dest and Grimaldo :O

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couldn't get Aarons, or James, or Mukiele, or Odriozola, so I got Daniel's cheque book out and went big, I went and got Kimmich :cool: Figured we had a ton of money to spend and wage budget free, and if we're going to compete for the title we need players like Kimmich. Incredible all around stats, can play RB or at DM/CM if needed, going to be a real boost I reckon.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Couldn't get Aarons, or James, or Mukiele, or Odriozola, so I got Daniel's cheque book out and went big, I went and got Kimmich :cool: Figured we had a ton of money to spend and wage budget free, and if we're going to compete for the title we need players like Kimmich. Incredible all around stats, can play RB or at DM/CM if needed, going to be a real boost I reckon.

I took over Spurs when 3 seasons in and Kimmich was my first signing. Played him as a hugely attacking full back. Immense!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Levy, what a great guy. Realised De Gea was on the transfer list so interacted with the board asked them to hook me up and to my surprise, they did. So we now have De Gea as well :LOL:

Strongest XI now looking very strong indeed:

De Gea

Kimmich
Sanchez
Dias
Augustinsson

Cook
Ndombele

Sancho
Dele
Gnabry

Kane

Started strong too. 5-1 win over Villa followed by a 4-1 win over Bournemouth. Only concern is conceding early goals. Conceded in the first 10 mins in both games, both real sloppy goals to concede. Hope that doesn't continue. Going forward we look deadly though. Already goals for Gnabry, Sancho, Dele and Kane, early signs are very promising, but they should be, we've spent a fortune.

Wolf

Visit site
Well just won the Championship with Southampton with a make shift team and load of loan signings thanks to being given a pre season budget of 2.9m. Star signing was Bukayo Saka from Arsenal on loan only had him since start of January but he won young player of season, 12 assists and 7 goals. Other loan signings that have played a blinder are Eddie Woan (Chelsea), Gaston Castro (Lazio)..

Still had to back load Defence & Midfield playing a single striker because just couldn't keep a clean sheet. We lined up like this:

Forster

O'Connor
Vestegaard
Bednarek
Cedric

Saka
Ward-Prowse
Romeu
Reed
Didavi

Ings.

Now we've been promoted I've been given the money from the sale of Redmond and not a lot else been targeted with top half finish andna Cup run on a budget of 35m but also told to cut wage bill.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just finished the first season as Chelsea. On the last day, us Spurs & Utd all had 70 points but their goal difference was better - Arsenal were in 3rd on 72. We won but sadly so did Utd so we've finished 5th. I'm happy with that, but the board aren't particularly. They've not sacked me though. I've just gone through the reserves and transfer listed about 12 wastes of space who are about to come back off loan. We were paying Drinkwater 120 grand for God's sake! There's going to be a big shake-up around here.

Somehow Willian was second top scorer in the league! He only got 16. Haha.

Edit: 183 mil to spend... hmmmm who's next I wonder. :p

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a productive window already and it's only July still. I decided to go big on defence and bought Zagadou and Upamecano! Signed Zaniolo to take Willian's place on the right - although Wils was by best player last season, he's also 31 now and this is FM-land so that makes him at death's door. I've loaned out my wonderkid keeper Vandevoordt to Watford where he'll be first choice for the season, and loaned in a different wonderkid keeper in Lunin from Real Madrid as back-up to Kepa. I also had Pellegrini (left back) arriving from a deal conducted in January, and Ziyech arrives as another midfield option. Happy days. I'm desperately trying to offload all that dead wood (Drinkwater, Barkley, Bakayoko, Rahman, Miazga, the list is endless). If I make any decent money I may consider getting another striker to switch with Lautaro, as Tammy did ok in the end but I'm sick of watching pathetically tap good chances to the goalkeeper.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a productive window already and it's only July still. I decided to go big on defence and bought Zagadou and Upamecano! Signed Zaniolo to take Willian's place on the right - although Wils was by best player last season, he's also 31 now and this is FM-land so that makes him at death's door. I've loaned out my wonderkid keeper Vandevoordt to Watford where he'll be first choice for the season, and loaned in a different wonderkid keeper in Lunin from Real Madrid as back-up to Kepa. I also had Pellegrini (left back) arriving from a deal conducted in January, and Ziyech arrives as another midfield option. Happy days. I'm desperately trying to offload all that dead wood (Drinkwater, Barkley, Bakayoko, Rahman, Miazga, the list is endless). If I make any decent money I may consider getting another striker to switch with Lautaro, as Tammy did ok in the end but I'm sick of watching pathetically tap good chances to the goalkeeper.

Upamecano's a great signing, really good CB, one of the best on the game this year. Does Zaniolo have the attributes to be a quality RW? I've always seen him as more of an attacking CM or CAM :unsure: Pellegrini's a good signing as well, really good LB. Zagadou was fantastic last year but doesn't seem to develop as well on this years game, reliant on a lot of first-team experience to really develop but his starting attributes aren't really good enough for a top team.

As for strikers - loads of guys you could look at - Boadu, Esposito, Gouiri, Pellegri, Guebbels, Lazaro, Abel Ruiz, Koita, Brobbey, Fabio Silva and Arp are all high potential wonderkids you could look at, all would be really good backup options to Lautaro.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Upamecano's a great signing, really good CB, one of the best on the game this year. Does Zaniolo have the attributes to be a quality RW? I've always seen him as more of an attacking CM or CAM :unsure: Pellegrini's a good signing as well, really good LB. Zagadou was fantastic last year but doesn't seem to develop as well on this years game, reliant on a lot of first-team experience to really develop but his starting attributes aren't really good enough for a top team.

As for strikers - loads of guys you could look at - Boadu, Esposito, Gouiri, Pellegri, Guebbels, Lazaro, Abel Ruiz, Koita, Brobbey, Fabio Silva and Arp are all high potential wonderkids you could look at, all would be really good backup options to Lautaro.
I have my right winger on 'support' so I think Zaniolo should do a job there. If not I have plenty of rotation options. Still have Pulisic kicking around the place. Ziyech can play on the right apparently also. Both Upa and Zag had the same 4-5 potential so I'll be playing them together I think, we'll see who becomes the better one. Bit harsh on Christensen who was excellent last season but needs must! Rudiger was alright but he didn't really kick on at all. Decent back-ups anyway.

My wage bill is in dire straits at the minute, had about 20 people come back off loan obviously, who were all being at least partially paid by the loan clubs. Have so much dead wood to shift it's unreal. At this point I'd be willing to let Drinkwater go for free just to get his 120 grand off the books! Unfortunately Kante picked up a 4-month injury right before I turned it off last night, so I'll have to make sure I'm covered there - I think Mount can do a job though as box-to-box.

Wolf

Visit site
4 games into First season after promotion with Southampton WDDDW. Got offered the Leicester job as they were bottom 2, took it as better budget and squad than Saints. Leagye form Played 5 won 4 and lost 1 to Chelsea in 94th minute, am currently sat in 9th place but only 3 pts off 5th spot, its a tight league. Player 2 European games, won both convincingly, same goes for Carabao Cup games. Good thing is just before I joined they'd signed Boadu and at 19 years old he's already banging in loadd of goals.

Going to need another striker though as the rest of my strike options are a 34 year old Vardy, 33 yr old Slimani and Inacheo who is doing ok.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Revisiting this, having cleared some deadwood out I had a look at some of these - Bayern only wanted 8 million for Arp! I know they have wonderkids coming out of their *** but that still seems ridiculous. He'll be joining to rotate with Lautaro, and Tammy is relegated to emergencies only!

D

Deleted member 1740

I’ve played this for years since it CM.

I’ve been playing FM Mobile on the iPad and I’ve enjoyed how quick you can get through games.

After reading about Spurs I decided to start a new game as spurs, 1st season I got 59m budget. Sold Erikssen for £102m, Sanchez, Sissoko,Lamela, Rose,Lloris,Son, vertonghen iirc and a few others so bought the following.

Fernandes. A/CM £43m
Ward-Prowse CM £28m
Dias CB£33m
Haland ST£22m
ziyech AMC£30m
Onana Gk£26m
Henderson GK £20m
Robertson £29m
Gnabry£40m
Sancho £60m

into my 2nd season and currently 3rd a few points off top.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well I’m out of CL at group stages and barely 5th....
Forgot just how much i don’t like the handheld game. List count already of the number of games of lost when having the upper hand the whole game....

did get a £60m boost in January, so let’s see if I survive.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing that's FM19 Stuart since the squads were well out of date. Or maybe they just never updated that version since early August '19.

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm guessing that's FM19 Stuart since the squads were well out of date. Or maybe they just never updated that version since early August '19.

sorry mate yes it’s FM19, not worth upgrading when the new one will be out in a couple of months