Football Manager 2020 & FM Touch

Wolf

Visit site
I don't think the iPad version is the same game, I have the PC Touch version. iPad one is half the price for a start, so I figure it's a lot simpler version, and therefore easier.
Where did you download it from I'm tempted to play to see if i can be as bad or better than you?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where did you download it from I'm tempted to play to see if i can be as bad or better than you?
I have it on PC and got it from Steam. If you want iPad version I guess it's just from the App Store.

I take it you wouldn't be playing as Spurs though. :LOL:

Wolf

Visit site
I have it on PC and got it from Steam. If you want iPad version I guess it's just from the App Store.

I take it you wouldn't be playing as Spurs though. :LOL:
I'd be using Windows laptop/tablet thing. Spurs probably got similar squad to us so we'd be equally crap.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started my save with the Jan Transfer updates, and nice easy start. Davies, Aurier, Sessegnon and Foyth all injured for between 6 weeks and 4 months, so basically have no wing backs and only £15m to spend. Great stuff. Guess I'm buying Augustinsson :p

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Bah. I should probably just start a new save as someone else. Every manager game I pick Spurs and do horribly as them for some reason. On this game they're a particularly bad choice because they have high expectations but give you no money to achieve them.

One of my good mates is a massive Wolves fan and I always crushed him when we both played with Wolves.

He was playing it as he thinks they should do in real life whereas I played it as the game if that makes sense. Might be something similar with why you struggle as Spurs

Give Leicester a go. Not sure of initial budget but good starting squad and you can sell Tielemans for a fortune if you need to invest.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
No money to improve the squad @Orikoru ? Think you missed a tricking not shifting some of the dead weight early mate. I've made £57m in the first 2 weeks of the window - got £20m for Lamela and then £37m for Sissoko (2 players I was never going to use and have ample backup for) which means I've now got £51m to spend after already bringing in Augustinsson for £7m. Hopefully have Hysaj coming in at RB for £10m, so will have £40-45m left which I'm hoping will be enough to bring in a new backup striker - maybe someone like Edouard or Boadu. Been a productive lunch break :p

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
Clearly this game is destined to annoy people like me and Orikoru, for him its the frustration of being rubbish :ROFLMAO:, for me its the frustration it doesn't work at all. Just bought and paid for the Touch version to make sure its compatible with my windows tablet, done the activation process then click install and it tells me that it's not compatible with my device:mad:. So now I've had to email Sega to see if they will refund the money or agree to upgrading to full version for use on my laptop with me paying the difference.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clearly this game is destined to annoy people like me and Orikoru, for him its the frustration of being rubbish :ROFLMAO:, for me its the frustration it doesn't work at all. Just bought and paid for the Touch version to make sure its compatible with my windows tablet, done the activation process then click install and it tells me that it's not compatible with my device:mad:. So now I've had to email Sega to see if they will refund the money or agree to upgrading to full version for use on my laptop with me paying the difference.

Did you get it through Steam? If so, you should be able to login in your laptop and install Touch on there without paying extra. Touch is available across all devices.

Wolf

Visit site
Is it saying it's not compatible on your Laptop as well? Well annoying, hopefully Sega will sort it out for you!
If I'd load steam through laptop doesn't even give me the option to install, the install button is completely greyed out bloody thing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started my save with the Jan Transfer updates, and nice easy start. Davies, Aurier, Sessegnon and Foyth all injured for between 6 weeks and 4 months, so basically have no wing backs and only £15m to spend. Great stuff. Guess I'm buying Augustinsson :p
Yeah, exactly that. Hence why I blew my budget on De Sciglio last time. I started a new game at lunchtime, as Spurs again because I'm stubborn like that. This time I'm buying Sessegnon's brother Steven, who plays right back. There's a youngster there called Cirkin or something who can cover left back along with Super Jan until Davies gets fit.

I'm going with the more traditional 4-3-3 type of thing:
Kane (CF-A)
Son (IW-A) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lucas (W-S)
Lo Celso (AP-S) - Sissoko (Bbm-S)
Dier (DM-D)
leftback (WB-D) - Jan/Sanchez (BPD-D) - Toby (BPD-C) - rightback (WB-S)​

I'm trying to be a bit more solid with the left back on defensive and one of the centre backs on cover so I can go back to playing the high defence line, high line of engagement, plenty of pressing etc. I started with the vertical tiki taka preset but took a few of the setting off so it isn't as limited to just one method of attack time and time again. Only had time for three friendlies so not much to judge on yet. Son did score a goal which is a minor miracle. Can just about get 7 guys on the bench with all the injuries we start off with. :cautious:

No money to improve the squad @Orikoru ? Think you missed a tricking not shifting some of the dead weight early mate. I've made £57m in the first 2 weeks of the window - got £20m for Lamela and then £37m for Sissoko (2 players I was never going to use and have ample backup for) which means I've now got £51m to spend after already bringing in Augustinsson for £7m. Hopefully have Hysaj coming in at RB for £10m, so will have £40-45m left which I'm hoping will be enough to bring in a new backup striker - maybe someone like Edouard or Boadu. Been a productive lunch break :p
Sissoko is absolute fire in the first season though haha, he was banging in screamers for me. I have no idea what Sissoko they watched when they programmed him into the game. I could let Lamela go I suppose, since Bergwijn can play on either side. Bear in mind Parrott is a wonderkid so I wouldn't buy another striker if it's going to limit his game time at all. He did score quite a few in sub appearances for me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my good mates is a massive Wolves fan and I always crushed him when we both played with Wolves.

He was playing it as he thinks they should do in real life whereas I played it as the game if that makes sense. Might be something similar with why you struggle as Spurs

Give Leicester a go. Not sure of initial budget but good starting squad and you can sell Tielemans for a fortune if you need to invest.
That's definitely a fair comment, you can be a bit unconsciously biased towards someone you like in real life and not notice that they have crap stats in the game. But then I did still play Aurier & Foyth quite frequently and I hate both of them. :ROFLMAO:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sissoko didn't look terrible, but he's 29, not the best attributes, was on a fairly high wage but worth a ridiculously inflated value so only made sense to bin him off. £37m to China was just too good to turn down.

Hysaj is confirmed now, so that's my wing backs sorted. I like Parrot, but he's only 17, can't see him being good enough for regular PL football if Kane was to get injured for a couple of seasons, so going to bring someone in who can fill in and score goals should Kane get injured. Just not sure who yet, been priced out of Boadu and doesn't seem like I'm going to be able to unsettle him, so Edouard from Celtic is looking like the best option unless I splash the cash on Memphis who was awesome for me at PSG. Decisions :unsure:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sissoko didn't look terrible, but he's 29, not the best attributes, was on a fairly high wage but worth a ridiculously inflated value so only made sense to bin him off. £37m to China was just too good to turn down.

Hysaj is confirmed now, so that's my wing backs sorted. I like Parrot, but he's only 17, can't see him being good enough for regular PL football if Kane was to get injured for a couple of seasons, so going to bring someone in who can fill in and score goals should Kane get injured. Just not sure who yet, been priced out of Boadu and doesn't seem like I'm going to be able to unsettle him, so Edouard from Celtic is looking like the best option unless I splash the cash on Memphis who was awesome for me at PSG. Decisions :unsure:
Edouard looks good, I was going to get him in my other game if I couldn't get Dembele, but I did in the end. You might be surprised about Parrott though. Depay is more winger than striker isn't he?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Edouard looks good, I was going to get him in my other game if I couldn't get Dembele, but I did in the end. You might be surprised about Parrott though. Depay is more winger than striker isn't he?

IRL yeah, but I used him at ST or as a number 10 at PSG and he was great. Probably the most effective number 10 I've had this year, although it was in France :LOL: Lyon want £75m for him though, so that isn't going to happen unless I try and do £30m up front and then some more cash in installments to get around the lack of transfer budget this window, but either way I won't be paying £75m.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Should probably keep Parrott around the first-team and give him some game time then :LOL: Also finding it tough finding another striker worth the money, and then £65m for Memphis just doesn't seem worth it at the minute. Might end the transfer window with £40m available to spend :eek:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Transfer window's over - couldn't resist splashing the cash. Picked up Ruben Dias from Benfica for £38m - £20m of it up front. I think he was best described on an FM Podcast I semi-regularly listen to as "the Rolls Royce of CB's", he's fantastic. Didn't really need him, but he's as good as you get in terms of CBs on the game so got in early and he'll be worth a fortune in a couple of years. Alderweireld and Vertonghen are both >30 too so makes sense to get another younger lad in, with Dias, Sanchez and Foyth should be sorted for a while.

Then also picked up Mariano on loan from Real with an option to buy. Only added that option so they'd let me have him, won't be activating it unless he's amazing. Looks a solid enough backup striker option should Kane get a bad injury. Wages a bit worrying (£130k a week) but we're still within the wage budget so all good. Squad's looking pretty strong I think.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Transfer window's over - couldn't resist splashing the cash. Picked up Ruben Dias from Benfica for £38m - £20m of it up front. I think he was best described on an FM Podcast I semi-regularly listen to as "the Rolls Royce of CB's", he's fantastic. Didn't really need him, but he's as good as you get in terms of CBs on the game so got in early and he'll be worth a fortune in a couple of years. Alderweireld and Vertonghen are both >30 too so makes sense to get another younger lad in, with Dias, Sanchez and Foyth should be sorted for a while.

Then also picked up Mariano on loan from Real with an option to buy. Only added that option so they'd let me have him, won't be activating it unless he's amazing. Looks a solid enough backup striker option should Kane get a bad injury. Wages a bit worrying (£130k a week) but we're still within the wage budget so all good. Squad's looking pretty strong I think.

I picked Dias up from Liverpool for about £60m in 2023, played 8 seasons as main CB and captain once Kane retired. Squad option for the last 2 years and retiring at 35 this season. Awesome player.

If you need a CM look at Camavinga from Rennes.