Fife / Angus in the next week suggestions - no fairway mats

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Has anyone played Arbroath?

I’m in the Tassie in May and am researching local (Dundee, Angus, Fife) courses to play whilst there. Not looking to break the bank, and happy for either parkland, moorland, or links
I was a member at Arbroath for a couple of years - I like the course a lot and it's going to be a fair bit cheaper than Monifieth or Montrose which are really nice courses - for reference I'm a member at Monifieth Links and a visitor price for next summer is £105.

I take it that playing the Tassie you get a round on the Burnside at Carnoustie? - if not it's another cracker. I like Forfar a lot too - inland (15 miles north of Carnoustie) and just a bit further is Kirriemuir which is lovely too.

evemccc

Visit site
I was a member at Arbroath for a couple of years - I like the course a lot and it's going to be a fair bit cheaper than Monifieth or Montrose which are really nice courses - for reference I'm a member at Monifieth Links and a visitor price for next summer is £105.

I take it that playing the Tassie you get a round on the Burnside at Carnoustie? - if not it's another cracker. I like Forfar a lot too - inland (15 miles north of Carnoustie) and just a bit further is Kirriemuir which is lovely too.

I think the Buddon is included, but the Burnside isn’t - it’s listed as £70 in May.
Arbroath looks like a dead cert so far, and it’s about £50 or so - and maybe a course at St Andrews links - as yet to make my pilgrimage there. I’ve just seen that St Andrews prices have gone up loads for 2022, but they won’t be coming down in future so hopefully I can meet someone at the Tassie to go in TOC Ballot with me?? Would be happy to play the New or Jubilee of course

I’ve seen Montrose and Monifieth on Top100 and both look great but a bit out of my budget

davidy233

Tour Rookie
I’ve seen Montrose and Monifieth on Top100 and both look great but a bit out of my budget
If you have a spare day and don't mind the company of a hacker then give me a shout nearer the time and I should (football depending) be able to sign you onto Monifieth Medal - 'twas £20 this year and doubt it will have gone up much this coming year

evemccc

Visit site
If you have a spare day and don't mind the company of a hacker then give me a shout nearer the time and I should (football depending) be able to sign you onto Monifieth Medal - 'twas £20 this year and doubt it will have gone up much this coming year

That’s great, thank you ??

evemccc

Visit site

Hi,

Hi,

I’ve got my tee-times now for the Tassie, and was wondering if you’re around and still available for a game at Monfieth Medal? At the moment - Tuesday 3 May in the late afternoon or early evening would really suit - I should be done at Carnoustie at 3pm. There may be more times I’m available in the next couple of days following that

How’s your schedule looking?
Cheers!

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Hi,

Hi,

I’ve got my tee-times now for the Tassie, and was wondering if you’re around and still available for a game at Monfieth Medal? At the moment - Tuesday 3 May in the late afternoon or early evening would really suit - I should be done at Carnoustie at 3pm. There may be more times I’m available in the next couple of days following that

How’s your schedule looking?
Cheers!
Sadly I'm not a season ticket holder for the Medal this season - plans have changed and I'm moving house to Fife the day after you suggest - sorry bud.